Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoeziess

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Re: Shoeziess

    Originally posted by 2Shallow2Die View Post
    You do not have the option for 2.
    innit... perhaps may its abnormal to have less than 5 pair of shoe hence thread starter thought no one in this world wud have less than 5 pairs.
    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

    Comment


    • #77
      Re: Shoeziess

      threw out all those junky shoes i had- atm i have 2 pairs shoes, 1 pair trainers i don't know when i'll wear, and a pair of slippers i wore for Hajj and can't bear to throw away :D they are still dusty from the dust at Mina so they stay in a box :D lol

      i'm not buying any more until i actually need them.
      The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
      (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
      In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

      Comment


      • #78
        Re: Shoeziess

        Originally posted by truepath View Post
        Thats because you are posting a hadith thats talks about worth of duniya...

        here the context of hadith we were talking bout is love of dunya because this is the exact reason why people are never contend and satisfied with what they have and are going for bazillion shoes... ie., because of their *love* towards shoes...

        If we go by the hadith you posted... "yeh shoes are nothin so why stop at buying 50... why not by another 500??
        Thats not true.....it means you shouldnt go after worldy things and keep everything in perspective!

        things that are more important and WORTHY should be given more thought and attention and time................shoes cannot contribute in any way to preparing for the hereafter ( tho im sure can come up with an idea ).......hence they are wortheless and not really very important in the bigger picture of things!
        وَالْعَصْرِ

        إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

        إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

        "If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

        "Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

        Khanqah Habibiyah

        Comment


        • #79
          Re: Shoeziess

          Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
          Thats not true.....it means you shouldnt go after worldy things and keep everything in perspective!

          things that are more important and WORTHY should be given more thought and attention and time................shoes cannot contribute in any way to preparing for the hereafter ( tho im sure can come up with an idea ).......hence they are wortheless and not really very important in the bigger picture of things!
          mashallah totally agree jennica:up:
          ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

          Comment


          • #80
            Re: Shoeziess

            Originally posted by 2Shallow2Die View Post
            You do not have the option for 2.
            Originally posted by truepath View Post
            innit... perhaps may its abnormal to have less than 5 pair of shoe hence thread starter thought no one in this world wud have less than 5 pairs.
            theres nothing wrong with having 1-2 pairs of shoes, jus becos its not on the poll it shouldnt be an issue

            but everyone knws me and polls

            so i think we should stop here. Arguments/debates do not need to be started, if you have answered the quesion about shoes, and things about the dunya - which is worth having here is fine. otherwise no arguments please
            "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

            Comment


            • #81
              Re: Shoeziess

              When buying shoes i look at quality and not quantity. I love the cheapies that buy the "Buy 1 get 2 free" shoes deal, they don't even last a year
              Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

              Comment


              • #82
                Re: Shoeziess

                Originally posted by $HugoBoss$ View Post
                When buying shoes i look at quality and not quantity. I love the cheapies that buy the "Buy 1 get 2 free" shoes deal, they don't even last a year
                you are the person who pays 150$ for a shoe?

                Comment


                • #83
                  Re: Shoeziess

                  i have too many shoes.....

                  ............but I dont love them.......
                  وَالْعَصْرِ

                  إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

                  إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

                  "If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

                  "Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

                  Khanqah Habibiyah

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Re: Shoeziess

                    Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                    i have too many shoes.....

                    ............but I dont love them.......
                    Get a khulla if they won't give you talaaq. I know how tough it can be =(

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Re: Shoeziess

                      Originally posted by 2Shallow2Die View Post
                      you are the person who pays 150$ for a shoe?
                      Price doesn't matter as long as the quality is good, if a $50 shoe has good quality and looks i'll buy it but we all know thats not realistic.
                      Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Re: Shoeziess

                        Originally posted by 2Shallow2Die View Post
                        Get a khulla if they won't give you talaaq. I know how tough it can be =(
                        LOL i think we all need to *sigh*
                        "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Re: Shoeziess

                          Originally posted by $HugoBoss$ View Post
                          When buying shoes i look at quality and not quantity. I love the cheapies that buy the "Buy 1 get 2 free" shoes deal, they don't even last a year
                          that deal doesnt exist :p

                          but its true, good quality shoes can be quite pricey... and these days most shoes are just horrible
                          Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Re: Shoeziess

                            Originally posted by $HugoBoss$ View Post
                            Price doesn't matter as long as the quality is good, if a $50 shoe has good quality and looks i'll buy it but we all know thats not realistic.
                            It is very realistic. If you need computer parts, don't go to Best Buy, they will sell you over priced parts. Go to a mom and pop computer store you can get good quality low priced parts. Likewise, shoes, go to foot-lockers or finish-line and you will get robbed. Go to a smaller shop like, shoe-rack-store, you will find the same shoes for a whole lot cheaper.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Re: Shoeziess

                              Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
                              that deal doesnt exist :p

                              but its true, good quality shoes can be quite pricey... and these days most shoes are just horrible
                              The shoes are made for 2$ in the factories. Not every shoe store wants to make 800% profit. Some smaller stores sell them for less. Buying a shoe is like buying a short-time car. You buy one and it will last a year, so one can spend a little time looking for deals.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Re: Shoeziess

                                i cannot think of one low-priced store that sells decent quality shoes.
                                even stores like Aldo who have shoes that can go well over 100 dollars are poor quality a lot of the time.
                                its the companies who dont mass produce overseas in China by ordering large quantities of everything that make better shoes because their main focus isnt on a huge market :scratch:
                                Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X