Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shoeziess

Originally posted by -Shamil- View Post
    theres other forms of footwear apart from shoes.

trainers, astros, sandals, flip-flops
    excusing my error i gues in this context shoes is evrything including trainers etc
    "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

Comment

Shoes are the best thing ever :inlove:

Time beat you to it

Comment

my mom has more shoes than me :(
        Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

i have just threw away 5 pairs of shoes and i have got like 4 pairs of high heels, a about 5 or 6 boxes full of flat shoes and three pair of trainers,

But yet im not mad about shoes
          And He found you lost and guided you,
          ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
          " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
          ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

I just bought a pair of these:

and these:
            Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

About 3-4 pairs...2 pairs are sneakers I wear often, one pair for running, and another pair are slippers. I don't go out much so I dn't care for shoes. I've never even been to events or parties nor do I get to or want to. I own other shoes they've lasted me years without having a single tear or hole in them, so I store them away, loads of memories with those things.
              The Prophet :saw: said: "The Muslim Ummah is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind: Their Land is one, their War is one, their Peace is one, their Honor is one and their Trust is one." (Ahmed)

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquillity View Post
                how can you have one pair?! it's bad for your feet (and hygiene) to wear the same pair every day, you're supposed to rotate!
                You got that wrong. Thats a myth and not a fact to claim that wearing same shoe is bad for your feet and unhygienic. You dont need different shoes everyday to keep your feet healthy but just clean socks.

As long as one wears washed/clean socks everyday their feet will be perfectly fine.

Have 2 shoes and more than satisfied Alhamdulillah.

One for office wear everyday ... wearing that for last last 3 years now, Alhamdulillah.

Another is trainer to wear on fridays and weekends.

Praise be to Allah who has kept my heart at bay from love of things like shoes and all.

People in Asia, Africa and other muslim countries are dying of starvation and cannot manage to eat proper food 2 times a day.

And here we have muslims who boast about how proud they are of having zillion shoes.

Someone shud post the hadith in which prophet of Allah (saws) said "when the love of duniya enters in your hearts.......
                لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

^^ your totali right... we forget sometimes of our purpose in this life and thats with everything, not just shoes

care to share the hadith anyone?

we should reflect and think, everytime we want to buy another pair of shoes (when we dont really need any), we should give that money to charity inshaAllah ..
                  "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
                    Have 2 shoes and more than satisfied Alhamdulillah.

One for office wear everyday ... wearing that for last last 3 years now, Alhamdulillah.

Another is trainer to wear on fridays and weekends.

your assignment for this weekend is to treat yourself to just one more pair because of that great post okay :up:
                    Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post

your assignment for this weekend is to treat yourself to just one more pair because of that great post okay :up:
                      Nah thank you... blessed is that heart which is content of what it possesses rather than always wanting and desiring for more :up:

And at this moment I am content Alhamdulillah...

prophet (saws) only the sand/dust of the grave will fill the desires of a person...

In another hadith (saws) said... if man gets one forest of gold... he wud desire for another...

Human heart never stops desiring for more...... So I wouldnt buy just because I wish and desire it, but wud buy only if I 'need' it.

Comment

Hazrat Mustaurid bin Shaddad (ra) relates the Sayiddina Muhammed :saw: to have said " The worth of the dunya compared with the Aakhirah is as if one puts his finger in the ocean or a river & then examines as to how much water it brings when taken out" MUSLIM

Shoes seems pretty insignificant in relation!
                        وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

subhanAllah!! ^^^ exactly .. shoes are nothing!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u3EwxaAqzMk << murtaza khan .. hadith is in the vid

Comment

Thats because you are posting a hadith thats talks about worth of duniya...

here the context of hadith we were talking bout is love of dunya because this is the exact reason why people are never contend and satisfied with what they have and are going for bazillion shoes... ie., because of their *love* towards shoes...

If we go by the hadith you posted... "yeh shoes are nothin so why stop at buying 50... why not by another 500??

Comment

Originally posted by Jilbabi View Post
                              subhanAllah!! ^^^ exactly .. shoes are nothing!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u3EwxaAqzMk << murtaza khan .. hadith is in the vid
                              You're the one who started this ridiculous thread!!
                              Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

You do not have the option for 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X