Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here from nottingham?

i need help :(

does anyone know if there is anyway to get to the nottingham train station without going through broadmarsh shopping centre? apparently it closes at 5 and i wanna stay in nottingham later than that and dont know how 2 get bak to the station without going through broadmarsh??

also, does anyone know of the nearest (and nicest) park closest to the city centre? i also heard that there are 2 cinemas, anyone know how to get to the cinema closest to city centre?

your help would be greatly apprecaited :D thank youu

Re: anyone here from nottingham?

i am not from there but i am reallyyy sure u do not need to go thru shopping centre to get train station. that will be crazy, because they must have trains leaving and arriving after 5pm which is quite early.
    one of the cinemas is in a shopping centre or complex thing, i cant remember what its called but it has pizza hut on the bottom and some other stuff, and cinema is on the next floor? that is really close in the centre. i think it was a warner bros one.. which these days have changed to vue? i am not sure cos it has been few yrs since i was in nottingham. bro used to live there but about 4-5 yrs ago
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by NoLongerLost View Post

does anyone know if there is anyway to get to the nottingham train station without going through broadmarsh shopping centre? apparently it closes at 5 and i wanna stay in nottingham later than that and dont know how 2 get bak to the station without going through broadmarsh??

also, does anyone know of the nearest (and nicest) park closest to the city centre? i also heard that there are 2 cinemas, anyone know how to get to the cinema closest to city centre?

why would u need to go through broadmarsh to get to the train station :scratch:

theres no train stattion there ... its a bus station ... the train station in the city center is a short walk from broadmarsh ... so dont worry about broadmarsh not being open after 5 (but from what i know, the shops within broadmarsh close at 5 but the mall itself remains open till late ... I've walked through it once to catch the bus, but it wasnt very late)

The two cinemas ... I believe your talking about showcase and cineworld ...

Showcase is far from city centre and you would actually need to get a taxi to get to it ... also near showcase are nandos and this other mexican place boht non-halaal), as well as tenpin bowling and laser quest i think ... if u want me to comfirm this, let me know, i'll double check.

The other cinema is very close to Victoria center and I'd say 15 min walking distance from broadmarsh ... its cineworld located in The Corner House on Forman Street

The closest nice park that I know of is wollaton park and again I would think u would need to catch a taxi from city center ... its a beautiful park ... theres wollaton castle or house ... its nice to look around in ... its like a mini museum ....it has some animals, they look as though they are stuffed, but are not. I cant remember the term thats used for those type of animals. They also have some artificates from the from the time of when the ppl occupied the place ... they also have insects and wat not and mineral rocks .... quite interesting if ur into that kinda thing ...

theres also a lake where u can feed the ducks and u can have a nice walk around the park ...

behind the house/castle is a mini garden .... and outside in the park, u will find deer ...

Its about 15 min drive from city center depending on traffic ... or if u want, u can take a bus but im not sure if it will take u directly to the park but i know a bus will take u from broadmarsh onto derby road and u can perhaps walk the rest ... taxi will be alot more convinent though ...

If you want to stick to city center ... then I;m not quite sure of any parks but there is nottingham castle ... iv not been as of yet, but once as i was passing by i did see some lawned area ...

i hope that helps :)
      Last edited by Treasured Soul; 04-06-08, 07:34 PM.
      When you were born you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying...

Man's way leads to a hopeless end...Allah's way leads to an endless hope

Comment

yep thats the train station i was on about, not the bus station. ive only been to nottingham once, which was the time i went with a friend and the only way she knew to get to the city centre and back to the train station was by going through broadmarsh city centre. but im hoping to go again inshAllah with some other people who have never been there before, but im hoping to stay later than 5, and if broadmarsh shopping centre closes at 5 then i wont know how to get back to the train station (as the only way i know is by going through broadmarsh which will be closed apparently). thats why i wanted to know if there are any other ways you see...

Treasured soul - are you saying that i would still be able to walk through broadmarsh to get back to the train station say for example at 7 even though the shopping centre closes at 5? i really hope so..

Comment

ive nevr been there, and i dont even have experience with trains :p dont have them where i come from. but maybe this might help Allahu alam.

http://www.thetram.net/gfx/maps/loca...square_map.pdf

http://www.thetram.net/maps/marketsquare.asp

http://www.thetram.net/maps/localarea.asp
          "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

yep thats the train station i was on about, not the bus station. ive only been to nottingham once, which was the time i went with a friend and the only way she knew to get to the city centre and back to the train station was by going through broadmarsh city centre. but im hoping to go again inshAllah with some other people who have never been there before, but im hoping to stay later than 5, and if broadmarsh shopping centre closes at 5 then i wont know how to get back to the train station (as the only way i know is by going through broadmarsh which will be closed apparently). thats why i wanted to know if there are any other ways you see...

Treasured soul - are you saying that i would still be able to walk through broadmarsh to get back to the train station say for example at 7 even though the shopping centre closes at 5? i really hope so..
            well I wont say for definite it will be open

Why dont u just download ur self a map of the city center .. print it out the area ur most likely to be and make urself a route from broadmarsh to the trainstation .. and if it is closed then u can always walk around it using the map ...

I once went on training in London ... and i did just that ... printout the directions and just walked through the streets from the hotel to the IBM center =)

This is the number broadmarsh center.. just call and find out ... I'd do it for u but I'm at work at the moment and perhaps customer services may close by the time i get home ...

01158 404 555
            When you were born you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying...

Man's way leads to a hopeless end...Allah's way leads to an endless hope

Comment

only the shops close at 5 you can go through the centre coz that be's open

Comment

Shottingham.

Thats what some people call it....!

I have been there once. I can't remember what for though (I was young!). It was a pretty nice area:D

Comment

Originally posted by RacingStripe433 View Post
                  Shottingham.

Thats what some people call it....!

I have been there once. I can't remember what for though (I was young!). It was a pretty nice area:D
                  we carry guns in our pockets thats why:boom:

Comment

Originally posted by Unique1 View Post
                    we carry guns in our pockets thats why:boom:
                    :bangbang:

Is there a themepark or something there? Maybe thats why I want?

Is Nottingham really "green" or is it just urban?

Comment

Originally posted by RacingStripe433 View Post
                      :bangbang:

Is there a themepark or something there? Maybe thats why I want?

Is Nottingham really "green" or is it just urban?
                      That's where Robin Hood grew up Sherwood forest

Comment

I remeber going to nottingham once, they have trams! lol struck me as a really shabby place tho

Wuld an1 know of the areas surrounding normanton park in derby?
                        What we fail to recogonize in others, is what we will never see and understand in ourselves..Keep it real.

Comment

I haven't been to Nottingham for ages (and even longer if you don't count going by car), but, from what I can remember, you should be able to walk through Broad Marsh even after shutting up time. The main reason for this is the bus station. Which, obviously, doesn't stop working at 6 O'Clock. Or whenever.
                          The following statement is completely true

The previous statement is totally false

:D

Comment

Originally posted by angel* View Post
                            Wuld an1 know of the areas surrounding normanton park in derby?
                            :scratch: didn't you have another thread about derby somewhere?

something about mills I remember...or maybe that was just me.
                            ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                            a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                            worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                            a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                            and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
                            (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

thank you everyone, uve been a great help :D

Comment

Working...
                              X