Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 16 Soon, i want a job.

Originally posted by Joha View Post
    lol, don't worry, I exaggerate when I say I'm a layabout...I study, and InshaAllah I shall continue studying for the foreseeable future. It's much more fun than joining in the rat race :p

alternatively I wouldn't mind being a gypsy, but we digress. Get back to topic!
    okay....speaking of work,, Today is my first day back from my horrible injury..

but to the OP, basically submit applications to a bunch of places and keep calling everyone of those places up constantly after about a week.....PRay....nd go from there...

But let me warn you..., you might think that work is fun and games, but I have a secret...It's not..There's going to be soem days where you cherish the fact that it is summer and you can sleep because your body will be tired and so will your mind
    Last edited by Cartman; 23-05-08, 10:06 PM.
    May Allah Bless Us All.

Comment

Originally posted by *IslamicGirl* View Post
      :start:
      :salams

:sub: i remember my first summer job it was truly amazing, i ended up with a small company and most of them were Muslims, i was 17 when i had this job, not 16 and it was so laid-back, i spent that summer browsing online, learning a ton of stuff - the job was a dead end i remmeber going to the library (which was 10 minutes) away every day nearly and getting loads of books to read.

THe brother who would lock up the place would go to the Masjid to read Jumaah and so would give me a 2 hour break for this too :p

Basically i got paid for doing...nothing really

i got really really good references though and that's what you're looking for really to have a good time :insha: and the employer being impressed with you :insha:

:wswrwb:
      Was you working for a Muslim Book shop on Coventry Road? :p

Comment

Originally posted by Redmist. View Post
        Was you working for a Muslim Book shop on Coventry Road? :p
        you are kidding me akhee, no not at all, it was a job as some admin with a compooooter, just would browse stuff all day when i got bored or read books, sometimes bring in puzzles, revised me theory exam, brought uni notes, play games, text all day long :p

Plus there was this Muslim chip shop opposite, they knew me really well by the end of it cuz i was one of their trusted customers :p

sometimes :embar: when i didn't have enough time i would phone them in advance and tell them what i wanted to order, then go and grab it within a few minutes :p

They would let me pray, when i was really bored i would go read Nafl :D

It was amazing Alhamdulillah :inlove:

Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

Originally posted by *IslamicGirl* View Post

you are kidding me akhee, no not at all, it was a job as some admin with a compooooter, just would browse stuff all day when i got bored or read books, sometimes bring in puzzles, revised me theory exam, brought uni notes, play games, text all day long :p

Plus there was this Muslim chip shop opposite, they knew me really well by the end of it cuz i was one of their trusted customers :p

sometimes :embar: when i didn't have enough time i would phone them in advance and tell them what i wanted to order, then go and grab it within a few minutes :p

They would let me pray, when i was really bored i would go read Nafl :D

It was amazing Alhamdulillah :inlove:

Alhumdulillah, Islamic Girl you had such wonderful Employers :inlove:

Me guessing abt the bookshop was a stab in the dark, i dont know anything, the only reason i said that was cuz u talked about the brother giving u 2 hr break when he went to pray Jummah. But im sure there are plenty of muslim owned buisnesses that need Admin services. I was only messing around........Sorry

Comment

:stat:

Originally posted by Redmist. View Post
            Alhumdulillah, Islamic Girl you had such wonderful Employers :inlove:

Me guessing abt the bookshop was a stab in the dark, i dont know anything, the only reason i said that was cuz u talked about the brother giving u 2 hr break when he went to pray Jummah. But im sure there are plenty of muslim owned buisnesses that need Admin services. I was only messing around........Sorry

no Wallahi akhee i wasn't offended, i just left the online world for a bit :p

Alhamdulillah yes i did have a brilliant first job, it was such an amazing experience working with Muslims who are mindful of their Deen :)

Never worked in a bookshop but i do want to be a librarian or teacher :insha:

Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

Originally posted by Joha View Post
              heh...never could be bothered, rarely spent holidays here so didn't really have any time. Besides, the first time I was introduced to people actually working whilst at school was when I started university and found most people had had jobs . Nobody I knew at school had worked.

Hasn't made much of a difference though, well, maybe - still need to learn about money, never having earned any - don't quite know its value...coupla other lessons, otherwise turned out okay :D
              oh okay i see.
              & i didnt realise u were still studying, bc i just presumed u finished same time as baba last year. so that is why i was suprised, like wondering what are you doing with yourself.
              insha allah u will get a good job when u are looking for one :up:
              .: Rufaida :.
              .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
              http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
              “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
              but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
              ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
              <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

For me... It's HARD to fine a job.

:(

Everyone just steals the ones I'm after.

I'll do anything besides clean toilets!

Comment

Working...
                X