thinking about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking about...

maybe quite a personal question..(in which case dont talk abt the personal things :p)

but what do people thinking when they are staring/doing nothing..

like say on the bus/train when u dont have a book or any audio..what are you thinking abt?

me, whenevr i have moments to just think like that, it wud be abt problems/tasks i currently have to do, and figuring out ways to solve them...

cos i have read in biographies, some scholars would often be deep in thought, but i guess for scholars, mashaAllah they wud have so much knowledge in their heads, they wud be reviewing and reflecting...

because i reckon, that we probably have at least half an hour if not more a day for thinking time...

so what are u thinking abt? or are u just wasting the time?
    i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Re: thinking about...

dunno whether this is considered personal, but.. whenever im in those or similar scenarios i get a tad bit teary-eyed, as i tend to think about the ones dear to me and thinking of the pain and problems they faced, and the younger ones that will grow up - not wanting them to go through certain things in life that really break you.

its a difficult question to answer tbh.. sumthing felt deep down inside..

aah well.

Comment

:salams

I'm just thinking about everything and nothing...just dreaming. Sometimes I just close my eyes and dream away lol.When this happens to me in the bus/train I miss the stop. Like today I don't know what I was thinking but after 4 stops or something I realised I was in the wrong tube...it went the whole other direction
      Guantanamo Justice Centre

Comment

Originally posted by Hassnetwork View Post
        dunno whether this is considered personal, but.. whenever im in those or similar scenarios i get a tad bit teary-eyed, as i tend to think about the ones dear to me and thinking of the pain and problems they faced, and the younger ones that will grow up - not wanting them to go through certain things in life that really break you.

its a difficult question to answer tbh.. sumthing felt deep down inside..

aah well.
        cool...

i think we all do tht sometime, especially if we see/hear something that reminds us of someone close to us...

but i guess most people will have personal ones, and will not want to share..thats cool, as long as u all reflect, and not waste the thinking time u have...

Comment

Originally posted by GAL-actic View Post

I'm just thinking about everything and nothing...just dreaming. Sometimes I just close my eyes and dream away lol.When this happens to me in the bus/train I miss the stop. Like today I don't know what I was thinking but after 4 stops or something I realised I was in the wrong tube...it went the whole other direction
          :wswrwb:

LOL..

ive done that a few times too :p

but i dunno, i think day dreaming is slighlty different, cos its quite distinct when u daydream, its like a totally different feeling..and i dont think u remebr what u day dreamed abt either :scratch:

Comment

An accurate, though sketchy, portrait of the Imam's personality is to be found in the description that Qadi Abu Yusuf gave of him to Harun al-Rashid at the latter's request. "As far as I know," said the Qadi, "Abu Hanifah was extremely pious, avoided forbidden things, remained silent and absorbed in his thoughts most of the time, and answered a question only if he knew the answer. He was very generous and self-respecting, never asked a favour of anybody, shunned the company of the worldly-minded and held worldly power and position in contempt. He avoided slander and only talked well of people. He was a man of profound learning and was as generous with his knowledge as with his money." On hearing this account, Harun al-Rashid observed, "You have described a great and good man."

Comment

i know i think too much sometimes...

usually when im walking down the road i always imagine what can kill me... like how this could be my final step like any sec a car could so easily swerve into me, or like how if Allah swt decreed outta nowhere a sign could just fall on me or how if i just tripped up i could fall onto a metal gate and the spike could go right through me

stuff like that... i dno then i just feel so grateful that every sec Allah swt protects us from so much evil
              ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
              "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
              :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post
                maybe quite a personal question..(in which case dont talk abt the personal things :p)

but what do people thinking when they are staring/doing nothing..

like say on the bus/train when u dont have a book or any audio..what are you thinking abt?

me, whenevr i have moments to just think like that, it wud be abt problems/tasks i currently have to do, and figuring out ways to solve them...

cos i have read in biographies, some scholars would often be deep in thought, but i guess for scholars, mashaAllah they wud have so much knowledge in their heads, they wud be reviewing and reflecting...

because i reckon, that we probably have at least half an hour if not more a day for thinking time...

so what are u thinking abt? or are u just wasting the time?

I tend to reflect alot on the past...Mostly on the mistakes i've made and things which i regret to this day or on the other hand i think about Makkah and Madinah and the shuyookh like Sheikh Juhainy and Sheikh Qaasim :inlove:

But most of the time, it's the negative stuff which plays on my mind.

Was that what you were looking for? :scratch:
                Gone...

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post

i know i think too much sometimes...

usually when im walking down the road i always imagine what can kill me... like how this could be my final step like any sec a car could so easily swerve into me, or like how if Allah swt decreed outta nowhere a sign could just fall on me or how if i just tripped up i could fall onto a metal gate and the spike could go right through me

stuff like that... i dno then i just feel so grateful that every sec Allah swt protects us from so much evil
                  alhumdulillah, anything that increases ur gratitude to Allah is a good thing :)

Originally posted by souljaa View Post

I tend to reflect alot on the past...Mostly on the mistakes i've made and things which i regret to this day or on the other hand i think about Makkah and Madinah and the shuyookh like Sheikh Juhainy and Sheikh Qaasim :inlove:

But most of the time, it's the negative stuff which plays on my mind.

Was that what you were looking for? :scratch:

i wasnt really looking for anything specific, just i dunno, get peopel to reflect and think a little, how precious the mind and ur thoughts are...

Comment

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post
                    alhumdulillah, anything that increases ur gratitude to Allah is a good thing :)

i wasnt really looking for anything specific, just i dunno, get peopel to reflect and think a little, how precious the mind and ur thoughts are...
                    Yeah i know what you mean now...Erm my mind? There's not much in there to be honest
                    Gone...

Comment

I think about everything and nothing. I live inside my head alot and its like an alternate universe to me. I sometimes put myself in absurd scenarios and situations.

Most of the time though, I think of bittersweet memories or think of, "what if's" or "if this were different"

Comment

:start:

:masha: good thread topic...hmm wot do i think about...:scratch:

prob about the stuff i have to do when i get into town (when im on the bus or travelling)

.....but nowadays im also spending a lot of time thinking about Pakistan :p ...and how i miss being there...as at this moment in time i'm free and don't have nefin else to occupy my mind or time :)
                        j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosalie-Beauty View Post
                          I think about everything and nothing. I live inside my head alot and its like an alternate universe to me. I sometimes put myself in absurd scenarios and situations.

Most of the time though, I think of bittersweet memories or think of, "what if's" or "if this were different"
                          I too have that alternate universe in my head! But mine is more just daydreams about random stuff, like what if this train just kept going right till the end of the universe?
                          sometimes I'm more down to earth and think about stuff like 'hmm, that woman's shoes are quite nice but don't quite work with her outfit' :D

Comment

Hmmm, I think about things like what happend in the day and what I need to do when I go home. A lot of the time it's random things. But when i'm with Jihaan she doesn't let me think at all :p kidding

But yeah i do find myself contemplating a lot, if i don't have a book on me i just regret not having it and then I think how much knowledge could I have gained in that time reading it, and then it starts from there....

But alhamdulillah, time is precious and our travel times should be utilized in a beneficial way...be it reading a book, contemplating, doing dhikr, and self-assessment.
                            Last edited by Hayaa'; 22-05-08, 07:20 PM.

Comment

today all i was thinking about is phones4u :rotfl:
                              Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

Working...
                              X