Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is homosexuality worse than shirk?

The reason I ask is because I was reading Surah Al-A'raf, verse 80:

And (remember) Lūt a.k.a. Lot (peace be upon him), when he said to his people: "Do you commit the worst sin such as none preceding you has committed in the 'Ālamīn (mankind and jinn)?
    If there was shirk before the time of the people of Lut (pbuh) then going by this verse, it would mean that homosexuality is worse than shirk.

I always thought that shirk was the worst possible sin, so I'm a bit confused. What do you guys think?
    Salam! :)

Re: Is homosexuality worse than shirk?

That is a mistranslation. In the Arabic it does not say that it is the worst sin - just that is a faahishah.

وَلُوطًا إِذْ قَالَ لِقَوْمِهِ أَتَأْتُونَ الْفَاحِشَةَ مَا سَبَقَكُمْ بِهَا مِنْ أَحَدٍ مِنَ الْعَالَمِينَ

And Lut, when he said to his people, 'Do you commit an obscenity not perpetrated before you by anyone in all the worlds?'

(al-A'raf: 80)

Maybe it would be a good idea for you, when reading the translation, to refer to more than just one. It's very difficult to translate something from one language to another, more so with the Holy Quran. So all translations will have some sort of deficiency and shortcoming in them - even the best ones.

Or rather just start learning Arabic. :up:
    "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Oh no, here we go...

Comment

Originally posted by haque View Post
        The reason I ask is because I was reading Surah Al-A'raf, verse 80:

If there was shirk before the time of the people of Lut (pbuh) then going by this verse, it would mean that homosexuality is worse than shirk.

I always thought that shirk was the worst possible sin, so I'm a bit confused. What do you guys think?
        Homosexuals are Committing Shirk, and SHirk leads to Homosexuality ...

Homosexuals worship their Filthy repugnant "desires",

Allah Tabarak wata'ala states in this Ayah ...

Al-Quran, Chapter 25 : Verse 43
        --------------------------------
        "Seest thou such a one as taketh for his god his own passion (or impulse)? Couldst thou be a disposer of affairs for him?"

This is blatant Shirk, when a Sick Sodomite obeys his desires and satisfies them in such a manner ...

Sodomy is among the worst types of Sins committable, which happens to be rampant among the Kuffar ...

:jkk:
        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by RazielTemp View Post

Homosexuals worship their Filthy repugnant "desires",

Allah Tabarak wata'ala states in this Ayah ...

Al-Quran, Chapter 25 : Verse 43
          --------------------------------
          "Seest thou such a one as taketh for his god his own passion (or impulse)? Couldst thou be a disposer of affairs for him?"

This is blatant Shirk, when a Sick Sodomite obeys his desires and satisfies them in such a manner ...

Sodomy is among the worst types of Sins committable, which happens to be rampant among the Kuffar ...

:jkk:
          Whats your point? Is homosexuality worse than shirk?

Comment

Jazakallah Khair guys. Btw, I got the translation from a qur'an that I got from KSA. It says that it was printed by the King Fahd Complex.
            Salam! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Summerisle View Post
              Whats your point? Is homosexuality worse than shirk?
              bismillah,

you really need to start reading other people's posts. The questions was asked and answered thorougly.

If you still don't understand, the answer is no. There is no sin greater than shirk.

Comment

Originally posted by extempers View Post
                bismillah,

you really need to start reading other people's posts. The questions was asked and answered thorougly.

If you still don't understand, the answer is no. There is no sin greater than shirk.
                OK, but the fact that it was aksed suggests it's a fine line between the two, which I think is madness.

Comment

ok i know this is gnna cause a big controversy or whatever but i'll mention it anyway
                  mods can delete it any time when they wanna

someone was sayin to me
                  u know how Allah tests everyone in different ways...
                  what if homosexuality is like a sort of test for some people
                  and even though they have those feelings etc. they must try to prevent from acting upon them and surpress those desires...
                  so basically at the time of Lut (a.s) that nation could have been tested in that way but...
                  whatever...any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by sis_sarah View Post
                    so basically at the time of Lut (a.s) that nation could have been tested in that way but...
                    whatever...any thoughts?
                    Well, apparently, they failed the test, and were totally destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by mamadu View Post
                      Well, apparently, they failed the test, and were totally destroyed.
                      yep defo
                      it was justified

Comment

Originally posted by sis_sarah View Post
                        yep defo
                        it was justified
                        Still, destroying everyone... men, women, children, young and old... why ?

Comment

tht really is not for me to answer
                          it was God's decision and his finality so who am i to question his authority? Allah has a plan and he had a good reason to do so

Comment

anyone caught in a calamity gets destroyed, but on judgement day they will be given their reward (i.e. the children, incapacitated and pious people caught in a calamity)
                            May Allah Bless Us All.

Comment

Originally posted by RazielTemp View Post
                              If shirk happens, it only happened because god willed it (oddly enough), because homosexuality is no choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X