I think I'm going to go crazy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm going to go crazy

My younger brother has an exam tomorrow and he's left all his revision to the last LAST minute. I've been sitting with him for 3 hours now...going through fractions, decimals, percentages, probability, area and so forth.

After having discussed all this......I then decide to test him on everything we've covered so far.

And the result is....nothing! He's forgotten it all.

And subhanallah he is blaming me for being too strict of a teacher :eek3: And now he refuses to study with me.....

Mashallah he's an intelligent kid - He's a top student at school - but he's quite lazy :p What would be the best method to sit him down and force him to concentrate? I even made him repeat the duaas that you recite before you start studying

We are having a 15 minutes break of revision......so any advice........now....would be appreciated.

Jazakallah Khair.
    Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Re: I think I'm going to go crazy

1. stop bullying him

2. bribe him, tell him you will buy him latest game or something if he passes exam with good mark :up:
    Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

Oh my god!! i DONT have any advise but just wanna say all the best teaching lol :up:
      is your brother doing his GCSE's coz my brother's doing his

Comment

Originally posted by MMS View Post
        1. stop bullying him

2. bribe him, tell him you will buy him latest game or something if he passes exam with good mark :up:
        1) Okay maybe I am a little too strict...but that's only because I want him to get top grades :( He's very intelligent...only when he's bothered.

2) I said I'll buy him Mario Galaxy for WII
        Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by yasmin20 View Post
          Oh my god!! i DONT have any advise but just wanna say all the best teaching lol :up:
          is your brother doing his GCSE's coz my brother's doing his
          He's in year 7 :p

Comment

sounds like my bro
            mind u he dnt have to do anything at all and he comes out with a*s
            just tell him 'do u want my help or not' coz if u do then...
            or dnt bother.. all the easier for you :P

Comment

haha he sounds like me :p

First of all you have to stop being so mean (I know this is hard to do cuz its wat u do best :D) . Next give him a really tough problem and my guess is if he's like me he won't quit untill he solves it and that'll bring him back in the mood ....

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Sina View Post
                haha he sounds like me :p

First of all you have to stop being so mean (I know this is hard to do cuz its wat u do best :D) . Next give him a really tough problem and my guess is if he's like me he won't quit untill he solves it and that'll bring him back in the mood ....
                Ah gee thanks

Yeah that seems like a good idea - problem is...he's refusing to study with me now :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by Kubs View Post
                  Ah gee thanks

Yeah that seems like a good idea - problem is...he's refusing to study with me now :scratch:
                  well then the answer is obvious .... just start being mean again :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Sina View Post
                    well then the answer is obvious .... just start being mean again :D
                    Might as well :p

Comment

If tough love doesn't work...the following must (does for my lil bro and he isn't all that little).

a) Don't yell at him (as hard as it is...).

b) When explaining, use simple examples and joke about them/ or about something relevant.

c) When he get's it right, encourage him and joke about with him.

d) Tell him that he's intelligent and just needs to concentrate...hug and kiss him and tell him he'll do well.

If there's one thing I've learned about my lil bro, is that tough love doesn't work with him and he's better off being 'buttered up'. Oh, and you can never get him to learn anything or listen to you if his twin sister is around.
                      "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Kubs View Post
                        My younger brother has an exam tomorrow and he's left all his revision to the last LAST minute. I've been sitting with him for 3 hours now...going through fractions, decimals, percentages, probability, area and so forth.

After having discussed all this......I then decide to test him on everything we've covered so far.

And the result is....nothing! He's forgotten it all.

And subhanallah he is blaming me for being too strict of a teacher :eek3: And now he refuses to study with me.....

Mashallah he's an intelligent kid - He's a top student at school - but he's quite lazy :p What would be the best method to sit him down and force him to concentrate? I even made him repeat the duaas that you recite before you start studying

We are having a 15 minutes break of revision......so any advice........now....would be appreciated.

Jazakallah Khair.

This has made me laugh soooooo badly..,

cos this happened to me before my Maths exams GCSE'S and my sister spent like 4 hours teaching me and I kept forgetting everything loooool!!!

lol Kubs this is exactly what happened to me,

but to comfort your brother I'll say this,

Your gunna fail!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
                        ׺°”˜`”°º×WaiTinG FoR JeSuS To ReTurn׺°”˜`”°º×

Comment

^^ Ok well now on a serious note lol..

Its pointless trying to teach him everything since it just aint going to go through,

use your time better, he must know or his teachers must've told him what his exam is mostly going to be based on or what its most likely to contain in it,

So basically find out what his exam is mostly going to have in it be it Fractions, Division etc.

find out what his exam paper is mostly going to contain or what area of maths and focus on helping him in that area so he'll get loads of marks or atleast a close pass :up:

Inshallah your bro can do it,

I know its frustrating Kubs, but you will be the first person your bro will thank if he passes this paper :D
                          ׺°”˜`”°º×WaiTinG FoR JeSuS To ReTurn׺°”˜`”°º×

Comment

:salams

lock him up in a room with only his work and dont let him out until u see him revising through the keyhole for at least 4hours
                            ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                            "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                            :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

speaking of exams my last final test ever (excluding college/uni) is next thursday and im not studyin for a second

Comment

Working...
                              X