Hadith about an hour on friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadith about an hour on friday

Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet (pbuh) said: "On friday there is an hour during which, if any Muslim is standing in front of ALLAH in Salaat, and asking Allah for something good, he will be granted his request
    Al-Bukhari (935)

how do we know which hour this is?

Re: Hadith about an hour on friday

We don't. If it were true then someone would have figured the hour out by sheer chance, over the past millenium and a half. Perhaps there is something written in hadith commentaries about this to help you?

Comment

Originally posted by ana_mujahid View Post
      Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet (pbuh) said: "On friday there is an hour during which, if any Muslim is standing in front of ALLAH in Salaat, and asking Allah for something good, he will be granted his request
      Al-Bukhari (935)

the hadith only states that there is 1 hour on a friday, its not about locating it, maybe its a different hour each friday, who knows but we know enough that we need to, i.e.there is one hour on friday that your Prayer will never be rejected. Obviusly im sure all the dua etiquette needs to be met at the same time.

I say to myself , i'll make dua every hour on fridays but after about 2hrs i forget

The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said: “There is such an hour on Friday that if any Muslim makes dua in it, his dua will definitely be accepted.”
      [Bukhari, Muslim]

The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

Al-Bukhari (935)

:start:

:alhumdull

:salams

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yazid ibn Abdullah ibn al-Had from Muhammad ibn Ibrahim ibn al-Harith at-Taymi from Abu Salama ibn Abd ar-Rahman ibn Awf that Abu Hurayra said, "I went out to at-Tur (Mount Sinai) and met Kab al Ahbar and sat with him. He related to me things from the Tawrah and I related to him things from the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace. Among the things I related to him was that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'The best of days on which the sun rises is the day of jumua. In it Adam was created, and in it he fell from the Garden. In it he was forgiven, and in it he died. In it the Hour occurs, and every moving thing listens from morning till sunset in apprehension of the Hour except jinn and men. In it is a time when Allah gives to a muslim slave standing in prayer whatever he asks for.' Kab said, 'That is one day in every year.' I said, 'No, in every jumua.' Then Kab recited the Tawrah and said, 'The Messenger of Allah has spoken the truth.'"

Abu Hurayra continued, "I met Basra ibn Abi Basra al-Ghiffari and he said, 'Where have you come from?' I said, 'From at-Tur.' He said, 'If I had seen you before you left, you would not have gone. I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, "Only make a special journey to three mosques| the mosque of the Haram (Makka), this mosque (Madina), and the mosque of Ilya or the Bait al-Maqdis (two names of Jerusalem)." ' " (He was not sure which expression was used.)

Abu Hurayra continued, "Then I met Abdullah ibn Salam and I told him that I had sat with Kabal-Ahbar, and I mentioned what I had related to him about the day of jumua, and told him that Kab had said, 'That is one day in every year.' Abdullah ibn Salam said, 'Kab lied, and I added, 'Kab then recited the Tawrah and said, "No, it is in every jumua." 'Abdullah ibn Salam said, 'Kab spoke the truth. 'Then Abdullah ibn Salam said, 'I know what time that is.'"

Abu Hurayra continued, "I said to him, 'Let me know it - don't keep it from me.' Abdullah ibn Salam said, 'It is the last period of time in the day of jumua.'"

Abu Hurayra continued, "I said, 'How can it be the last period of time in the day of jumua, when the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "a muslim slave standing in prayer", and that is a time when there is no prayer?' Abdullah ibn Salam replied, 'Didn't the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, "Whoever sits waiting for the prayer is in prayer until he prays?'"

Abu Hurayra added, "I said, 'Of course.' He said, 'Then it is that.'" (May Allah be please with them all)

[Muwatta' Imam Malik]

wAllahu A'alam
        www.ashaabulquran.com
        www.aladabalmufrad.wordpress.com

Comment

:jkk: ya ikhwan

Comment

It might not be an hour of "our time" eg. 60 mins, is that right?

Comment

I was under the assumption that it was the hour right before maghrib.
              "The Jew cries out as he strikes you."

Remove matzo

Comment

the whole point i think is that so we do not know when that hour is so that we continue to be in a state of prayer, not necessarily the namaz but tasbih and other forms of praising allah swt an making du'a. :) in hope that we catch that hour ..

j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

ameen

Comment

Originally posted by muslimma View Post
                    the whole point i think is that so we do not know when that hour is so that we continue to be in a state of prayer, not necessarily the namaz but tasbih and other forms of praising allah swt an making du'a. :) in hope that we catch that hour ..

indeed Ukthi, this is like Laytal-Qadr, were supposed to be seeking it on the Odd days of Ramadan, as opposed to simply making lots of Dua and Reciting the Quran Most on one day, either the 27th or another day ...

:jkk:
                    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by RazielTemp View Post
                      indeed Ukthi, this is like Laytal-Qadr, were supposed to be seeking it on the Odd days of Ramadan, as opposed to simply making lots of Dua and Reciting the Quran Most on one day, either the 27th or another day ...

:jkk:

YEY! :D
                      j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

Masha Allah beautiful Hadith about Friday I want to learn more about the topic

Comment

As-salamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,

There are many scholarly opinions regarding the hour of response, two of those seem to be more correct in shaa Allah Ta'ala. The first opinion is that it lasts from after 'Asr until the sun sets, for those who sit and wait for Maghrib while making duaa. The second opinion is that it lasts from the time when the imam sits on the minbar to deliver the khutbah on Friday until he finishes the prayer. Read more about these two opinions below.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/8260...ered-on-friday
                          https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2174...onse-on-friday

Ma' salam

Comment

Al-Bukhari (935)

As-salamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,

There are many scholarly opinions regarding the hour of response, two of those seem to be more correct in shaa Allah Ta'ala. The first opinion is that it lasts from after 'Asr until the sun sets, for those who sit and wait for Maghrib while making duaa. The second opinion is that it lasts from the time when the imam sits on the minbar to deliver the khutbah on Friday until he finishes the prayer. Read more about these two opinions below.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/8260...ered-on-friday
                            https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2174...onse-on-friday

Ma' salam

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X