Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jilbab/abaya sewing patterns

:salams
    There all too expensive online, especially if i wanna buy a few.
    So does anyone have sewing patterns?
    Patience...

Re: jilbab/abaya sewing patterns

Salaam Aleykum wr wbr,ughtii
    Use, the one u already have, if u don’t have one buy one insha Allah. So u can use the jilbab as pattern

Jilbab is very easy to make a masha Allah, Success!!
    may Allah swt make it easy for u Ameen

BTW Why are u shy to ask that question? u right why buy a expensive jilab in the shop when u can make it very easy ur self. The female companies of Muhammes (saw) make everything them self. Allot of female don’t know even how to cook, sorry men aswell.

But in my opinion a women should try to learn how to sew, cause its better to use ur free time on that then watching tv as a hobby. U can make abayas and jilbab ur self.Also u can help ur husband to make his trousers and khimes shorter.
    They want to extinguish Allah's Light with their mouths, but Allah will not allow except that His Light should be perfected even though the disbelievers hate (it).)- It is He Who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth, to make it superior over all religions even though the idolators hate (it).) Surah Al-Tawbah 32-33

Comment

Yeah i was thinking of using one of mine as a template.
      but ive never sewed anything in my life before, im worried it will look a mess!
      ive never really used a sewing machine either.
      does it take long to make?

you right, aldhamdulillah. why is everything so pricey these days!?
      Patience...

Comment

Originally posted by Rouz View Post

Well done you!

Use the one you got, it's very simple only YOU can make it complicated, I think you do the body first, then the arms,

All straight lines and a few curves really, piece of cake sis,

All the best.
        *Pokes everyone in the eye with a carrot*
        Muslim Business Directory

Watch ALL Muslim TV Channels here:
        Al Jazeera Live Press TV Islam Channel Peace TV Al Huda

Comment

Sis, if uve never done it before...id advise u to get help frm someone first...running a straight stich on the sewing machine is not as easy as people think!! :p
          "Ask (questions from) the learned, speak with the wise, and associate with the poor."

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN
          THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE

Comment

:wswrwb: ukhti, sorry i dont have any patterns or even know how to sew a jilbab, i always get stuck with adding the arms pieces , necklines, and sewing the shoulders straight maybe some sisters here can give tips on getting that right

there is a sister who makes them at very reasonable price though alhamdulillah, the site is here and pics of the jilbabs at the bottem

http://rushsjilbabs.spaces.live.com/...05CD85DCB!122/
            Last edited by *asiya*; 09-05-08, 12:27 AM.
            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by ~Warda~ View Post
              Sis, if uve never done it before...id advise u to get help frm someone first...running a straight stich on the sewing machine is not as easy as people think!! :p
              Lol sister!!

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
              :wswrwb: ukhti, sorry i dont have any patterns or even know how to sew a jilbab, i always get stuck with adding the arms pieces , necklines, and sewing the shoulders straight maybe some sisters here can give tips on getting that right

there is a sister who makes them at very reasonable price though alhamdulillah, the site is here and pics of the jilbabs at the bottem

http://rushsjilbabs.spaces.live.com/...05CD85DCB!122/

MashaAllah this sister looks very talented! :jkk: asiya :)
              Patience...

Comment

:wswrwb:

*bump*

Contemplating approaching a needle again, but the thought of attempting to do something like copy an existing jilbaab sounds rather nefarious to me, I'd somehow end up destroying the new material and the old one too

Any surefire patterns? Nothing fancy..
                It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
                -Muslim

Comment

My cousin brought a jilbab from saudi and it was sewn frm just two pieces, the sleves were cut out with the main piece of the jilbab so all u have to do is sew the back and the front....ur gona need silky material though seeing as thers no shoulder stitch but it lukd nice and loose

jilbabs are actually easier to make however if uve never sewn before, plz get professional help..or at least someone who knows how to operate a sewing machine. lol
                  Which is it, of the favours of your Lord, that ye deny?
                  Surah Ar Rahman
                  Joy and sorrow are the light and shade of life: without light and shade no picture is clear.
                  Inayat Khan

Comment

go to www.hijabonline.co.uk the jilbabs start at under£20, in Green st you can get jilbabs for a tenner....

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

If you've never operated a sewing machine before, it won't be very easy then. In the beginning, its soo difficult to sew ,,,even getting a line straight , you'll have to stitch, open , stitch, open...:p

Before you start sewing bigger garments, you'd first need to practice on smaller items like caps, bibs, frocks etc.

No wonder the entire tailoring course takes 1 or 2 years to complete :p

Comment

The weird Muppet I can be at times..........I have actually made 2 of my own abayas...and im contemplating making another one, because I have some gorgeous "abaya" material.

If I had the time and I wore abayas regularly, I would make my own all the time....Inshallah in the future.

I dont particularly like fancy abayas so mine are very practical and simple with lots of attention to detail, Jenicca style.....one of them was a chocolate brown one, with cream piping on the edges of the sleeves with a Moroccan style slits at the side. Ive had it years

Its nice when you can make your own stuff cuz u can adapt it to suit your individual taste and style

However if you are a novice Id advise you to take a dressmaking course, if you are in the UK the City and Guilds courses are really good. If you have a good tutor you can adapt your pattern making to what you want to make once youve covered the basics.

I studied this whilst at uni for a year at the weekends and I am....well my mum forced me to do it, but Alhumdollilah, now I am so glad....because I can make my own stuf the way I want it.

If you’ve never sat on a sewing machine before Id advise you to get to grips with that before attempting anything else.

Charity shops and second hand book shops do good sewing books to pick up basic handy tips you will need, such at stitching, hemming, adding interfacing, basic pattern making etc etc But its so much easier with a teacher, Is there a seamstress in your community willing to give you a few lessons??

Ummm first one I made a pattern, second abaya I shaped the bottom bit from the armhole downwards freehand. One of the main reasons was I wanted a closed abaya for Hajj rather than the open front button ones that might risk opening up.

My mum offered to buy one of my choice because I spend so much time faffing around over it.....but making it is so much nicer!

One more thing….if you are gonna make one….practise on some cheapy material first…..

Good Luck Pm me if you want lol…..
                        وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

ohhh my...this thread is so old

well i tell you now, i never did sew anything and dont intend to risk it!, i found a few reasonably good priced shops

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                          go to www.hijabonline.co.uk the jilbabs start at under£20, in Green st you can get jilbabs for a tenner....
                          Ive bought one from there, its really good quality mashaAllah, and i got a free perfume with it! Would recommend.

I think you can find a few good buys on ebay now aswell. Theres quite a few shops that sell on there, so theyre brand new abayas.
                          Patience...

Comment

It's good to learn to sew clothing. It shouldn't distract us from other important matters though. If time is an issue why not buy ready made jilbabs for good prices instead?

This shop has a few good models in different colours and the prices for affordable prices.

http://www.hijabnow.com

Comment

walaikum assalam,

I thinking you should have look this blog which is providing many free sewing patterns which is submitted by users like me and you.

I am visiting this blog often for some craft projects and different ideas for sewing patterns

Khuda Hafiz

Comment

Working...
                              X