which name everyone participate please jazakumullah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which name everyone participate please jazakumullah

assalamualakum dearest brothers and sisters in islam.

my sister has had a baby girl and because i am unable to have childrn. she says that i can choose the name.
    but her whole family is all T names, her husband, her and her three boys,Talha, tahir and tabassum. so she preferably wants a T girl name. please all associate in the poll as those are her possible solutions because personally i dont really like any of them.

jazakumullahhukhair.
    Tahirah
    20.57%
    Tasmiyah
    12.06%
    Tawheed
    4.26%
    Tabassumah
    2.13%
    Tuwah
    2.13%
    Taqwa
    10.64%
    Tasneim
    26.24%
    Taaminah
    4.26%
    Taibah
    17.73%

Re: which name everyone participate please jazakumullah

Tayyabah!

Comment

Tasmiyah
      s a b r

Comment

In islam, a name, regardless if male or female, should be chosen by it's meaning and have an islamic origin.

There is no "preferred" name, as such. It is said that names do have an influence on the shape of one's character...

Anyway, you asked which names we prefer. Errm, Tasneim is a nice name. However, why don't you keep the spelling simple and change it to 'Tasneem'? [just a thought]. There is a flaw in this name though. If you do decide to call her Tasneim/Tasneem then her friends will probably nickname her "Taz" (remember that wally "Taz Mania"). But then again, everyone has or rather should have a nickname. :) So...

Tasneem/Tasneim means:

Name of a fountain in Jannahh (Paradise) whose drink is superior to the purest of wines. Its nectar will only be drunk by those nearest to Allah Ta’ala. Literally means "rich and elevated". See Holy Qur’an, Al-Al-Mutafifeen (83):27-28:

P.s: You've mentioned in your post that you cannot conceive. May Allah change this, and allow you to be a mother to a - if not many - beautiful and pious children. Ameen.
        Last edited by MrOnline; 06-05-08, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Taqwa subhanallah enshallah that will compliment her strong islamic personality :love:
          j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Haya View Post
            Tasmiyah
            Yes sister i agree this is a nice name .

Comment

I would say Taqwa but I know a sis called that and everyone calls her 'Tagwa' even some muslims.

I say Tahirah or Tasneem.

Comment

Originally posted by MrOnline View Post
                In islam, a name, regardless if male or female, should be chosen by it's meaning and have an islamic origin.

There is no "preferred" name, as such. It is said that names do have an influence on the shape of one's character...

Anyway, you asked which names we prefer. Errm, Tasneim is a nice name. However, why don't you keep the spelling simple and change it to 'Tasneem'? [just a thought].

Tasneem/Tasneim means:

Name of a fountain in Jannahh (Paradise) whose drink is superior to the purest of wines. Its nectar will only be drunk by those nearest to Allah Ta’ala. Literally means "rich and elevated". See Holy Qur’an, Al-Al-Mutafifeen (83):27-28:
                brother fisrt she wanted to spell tasnim but i told her about pronouncing. i doubt she will settle for tasneem. it sounds better though. is it true that you should look at the character of a name?
                should you also look at what people you know like that and if they are nice then it is good to use the name?..
                we have problem where my father says that we should not keep names of people that we already know who are not so nice because it could be like bad luck. inshallah please reply everyone. jazakumullah hu khair.

Comment

Originally posted by farah.a View Post
                  brother fisrt she wanted to spell tasnim but i told her about pronouncing. i doubt she will settle for tasneem. it sounds better though. is it true that you should look at the character of a name?
                  should you also look at what people you know like that and if they are nice then it is good to use the name?..
                  we have problem where my father says that we should not keep names of people that we already know who are not so nice because it could be like bad luck. inshallah please reply everyone. jazakumullah hu khair.
                  Choose a pious name sis... A name with some relevance to Islam's great history. The girl's name doesn't have to begin with the letter "T", however, if you wish to keep the trend going then fine. But there are many, many beautiful and pious names out there - Maariyah, Aisha, Khadijah, Maryam, Aminaa are just to name a few. Google "Muslims girls names", if you like a name then check it's meaning, and if your like "ooh this is the one" then decide with your sister. In the end, whichever name you do choose for your niece, it will have plenty of effect on her personality/character etc; So try to be sensible and choose a name with some thought. :up:

Comment

From those the best ones are Tahirah, Taqwa, Tasniem or Taibah imo
                    .: Rufaida :.
                    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Tahirah reminds me of the range of halal foods in the UK
                      It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
                      -Muslim

Comment

I like Tasmiyah!
                        :love: “A calamity that makes you turn to Allah, is better than a blessing which makes you forget the remembrance of Allah” :love:

Comment

Easy peasy.....Tasneem ofcourse!! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

....and yeah..spell it Tasneem not Tasneim..<that spells wierd:S
                          "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing.":love:

Comment

lol look how the title says pleae everyone participate, so you think before clickin on the thread, man its a charity raisin thin, or somethin where you can do a gooood deeeed, but name namin erm :D:D:p

out of all the names suggested i would sayy taibah! but spelt like tayyaba, the Y's just give it da ooooo yeaah factor :p

and some more names - khadijah, aisha, madinah, aqsa,

Comment

Originally posted by bitter_sweet View Post
                              Easy peasy.....Tasneem ofcourse!! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

....and yeah..spell it Tasneem not Tasneim..<that spells wierd:S
                              yeh if gna do with an i and e, it will be better atleast Tasniem cos that way round it looks like Tasn-eye-m if u get me..
                              .: Rufaida :.
                              .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                              http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                              “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                              but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                              ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                              <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Working...
                              X