Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can we get fake tans?

assalamualaykum...
    i av a question, can i get a fake tan?...
    see thing is, i just never seem to tan,even after a lonngg hot holiday, all i get is a couple of freckles on my nose, but thats about it..and its really annoying cause evrybody comes back all golden and im just pale-it looks wrong!...this year i aint going abroad for a holiday cause of a family wedding, so can i get a fake one?...or is it haram cause its like saying im not happy with the skin that allah ta-alah has given me?.....:S

Jazakallah!:up:
    "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing.":love:

Re: can we get fake tans?

what is your reason for wanting a tan just cos others have one and you dont? :)
    j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimma View Post
      what is your reason for wanting a tan just cos others have one and you dont? :)
      no cause i look ill and too pale in summer, i wanna get golden.
      "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing.":love:

Comment

whos says you look ill and pale sis or is this what you think? :)

Comment

Originally posted by muslimma View Post
          whos says you look ill and pale sis or is this what you think? :)
          yup

Comment

You wouldn't need a tan if you wore a burqa. :up:
            Freeeeeeeeeeeeee Palestine

sign Afzal Guru petition

www.freesheeshan.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lambo5688 View Post
              You wouldn't need a tan if you wore a burqa. :up:
              :o...yeah....but i dont:o

Comment

If you want long-lasting results then stick yourself in the oven for a few minutes, maybe hours, depends how deep you want your tan to look. :o

Errm, as far as i know fake tans are allowed sister. Why wouldn't they be?

Comment

Originally posted by MrOnline View Post
                  If you want long-lasting results then stick yourself in the oven for a few minutes, maybe hours, depends how deep you want your tan to look. :o

Errm, as far as i know fake tans are allowed sister. Why wouldn't they be?
                  isnt it like u arnt happy with what allah has given you?? :S...

Comment

Originally posted by bitter_sweet View Post
                    yup
                    ok sis. :)

personally i can not give a fatwa on whether it is allowed or not but i think that you should stay away from fake tans as they are full of rubbish and stuff that is not good for your skin also it makes you conscious of things that are just 'wordly', i know its something that you want to look tanned and that, but at the end of the day theirs no gain, just fulfilling your desire which is not always a good thing. :)

Comment

Originally posted by bitter_sweet View Post
                      isnt it like u arnt happy with what allah has given you?? :S...
                      Well, your talking about being appreciative. We should all be appreciative of how Allah has created us and masterminded our looks. We should be grateful sis. Besides, why dyu want to go brown for? Personally, methinks you shouldn't go ahead with having a fake tan, why? well because a bond will form between you and you new looks and oh god it'll turn into a habit (bcuz you'll wanna look brown all the time) and there goes the money...down the drain - well not exactly, but there's no need sis, just stay put. ;)

..oh and "FAKE TAN", that sounds so unnatural (...well it is). Don't sis! ...Don't!
                      Last edited by MrOnline; 05-05-08, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrOnline View Post
                        Well, your talking about being appreciative. We should all be appreciative of how Allah has created us and masterminded our looks. We should be grateful sis. Besides, why dyu want to go brown for? Personally, methinks you shouldn't go ahead with having a fake tan, why? well because a bond will form between you and you new looks and oh god it'll turn into a habit (bcuz you'll wanna look brown all the time) and there goes the money...down the drain - well not exactly, but there's no need sis, just stay put. ;)

..oh and be a wee more realistic, "FAKE TAN" that sounds so unnatural (...well it is). Don't sis! ...Don't!
                        hmm..right..hachi wat cheh. now that u put it that way..yes i understand. il just stay put then *sniff*...jazakallah for your help.

Comment

You have got to be kidding me. What happened to the days where women used to cover there EYES and HANDS! >.>
                          " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

Originally posted by LastFriday View Post
                            You have got to be kidding me. What happened to the days where women used to cover there EYES and HANDS! >.>
                            She was only asking a general question. She's got the answers. End of!

[The days where women used to cover themselves from head to toe have slowly disappeared bruv, we just have to move on - but we need to ensure that our sisters do not neglect their religion and stay in accordance with the rules it has set - if they do that then inshaallah our ummah will remain safe/fine].
                            Last edited by MrOnline; 05-05-08, 04:42 PM.

Comment

I always get tans when I can from my tanning salon. I am already naturally tanish but I like to look extra tan becasue you look healthier and just better. I dont see why it would be haram or anything?
                              Allah the Almighty has laid down religious duties, so do not neglect them. He has set boundaries, so do not over step them. He has prohibited some things, so do not violate them; about some things He was silent-out of compassion for you, not forgetfulness, so seek not after them
                              :love:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X