Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So lonely!

Salam

i need to vent some things out right now.

i feel like such a loser i have no friends. my weekends are spent in the house doing nothing. i have no other person to talk to but my family and co-workers. and my co-workers are not my friends.

most people my age have friends and hang out and stuff. and what am i doing? being bored to death with nothing to do.

and it's not like i can go out and meet friends. i live in a foreign country where there are not many people that are my age and come from the west. and the local people my age tend to keep to their own kind.

i also feel so lonely because i have no husband. i just wish so bad i was married. mostly everybody at my job are married or either getting married. and what i am doing? just sitting at home with no friends and no husbands.

this loneness is really started to depress me on top of that. i now go through crying spells that i've never gone through before.
    Last edited by sis_niqabi; 04-05-08, 03:21 PM.
    (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Re: So lonely!

i also feel so lonely because i have no husbands
    no friends and no husbands.
    Sister...it's probably a typing error....but women don't have husbands...they can only marry once Alhamdulillah :eek3:

Why don't you get involved with some organisation..I dunno...do a course at uni....get a hobby...attend Islamic lectures - gradually you'll meet people and make friends Inshallah.
    Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

remember Allah dusnt burden a soul more than it can bear

this is your test and Allah tests those who he loves most

this is so tru---- good things cum2 those who wait :up:

where do you live sis?

keep reminding yourself that Allah is with you..talk to Him if it helps..as your thinkin ..

and remember also that we make plans but Allah also makes plans and He is the best of planners :hidban:

but wot are you talking about..im your long lost friend!! you found me now..now u cant say you dnt hav frends :D :inlove:
      Last edited by Jilbabi; 04-05-08, 03:19 PM.
      "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

Comment

Originally posted by Kubs View Post
        Sister...it's probably a typing error....but women don't have husbands...they can only marry once Alhamdulillah :eek3:

Why don't you get involved with some organisation..I dunno...do a course at uni....get a hobby...attend Islamic lectures - gradually you'll meet people and make friends Inshallah.
        yh thats always a gud idea
        "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

Comment

maybe you should find a husband? tell your parents or whatever, change your job?
          Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the Fire: And evil is the home of the wrong-doers. - 3.151

Comment

Originally posted by sis_niqabi View Post

i also feel so lonely because i have no husbands. i just wish so bad i was married. mostly everybody at my job are married or either getting married. and what i am doing? just sitting at home with no friends and no husbands.
            er . . . exactly how many husbands were you thinking of having

:rotfl:
            Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
              er . . . exactly how many husbands were you thinking of having

:rotfl:
              sorry it was a typo

Comment

read a book...stimulate the mind, Go help someone other than yourself

bored people don't have anything to do because the don't want to do anything. I don't care where you live or who your friends are.... there is always something to do.

Comment

salam

like i said the country i live in there are not much islamic events going on. and plus i need a car to get every where and i don't have a license nor can i afford my own car. so this one of the main reason why im stuck in the house all the time

Comment

I thought u got married a while ago :thinking:, get a nintendo wii, my bro bought one, play it when am bored. Get a hobby, something u enjoy.

Comment

Sis_niquabi,
                      Have u recently moved? If that is the case, then it is pretty normal to feel lonely in any new place for sometime. You can utilize your time for pursuing your interests, in that way you can also meet like minded friends.

Comment

U need to stop making excuses sis, and be more pro-active. Not having a car shouldnt stop anyone.. use public transport or walk.

Have u got a local masjid or know of any centres where they hold activities for youths? If u dont wanna go down that route- lots of libraries and places have weekly sessions where u can go down and meet people. Theres so many things u could do

Comment

Originally posted by Love&Peace View Post
                          Sis_niquabi,
                          Have u recently moved? If that is the case, then it is pretty normal to feel lonely in any new place for sometime. You can utilize your time for pursuing your interests, in that way you can also meet like minded friends.

now i have lived in this place for 5 years. it's just when i was in school i didn't feel that lonely because i had friends at school. but now that im out i have no friends. many of those people i hung out with in high school were not good influence on me, so as i became more practicing i had to drop those friends,

Originally posted by xyz View Post
                          U need to stop making excuses sis, and be more pro-active. Not having a car shouldnt stop anyone.. use public transport or walk.

Have u got a local masjid or know of any centres where they hold activities for youths? If u dont wanna go down that route- lots of libraries and places have weekly sessions where u can go down and meet people. Theres so many things u could do
                          ukhti if i could take public transport i would. but it's all men on the bus. and i live in a gulf country if women go out walking they general get harassed by shababs who have nothing to do but go around stalking women.

honestly i feel trapped. i literally cannot do anything to get out and make friends. and when people ask what are my plans for the weekend i also reply none! it just makes me depressed
                          Last edited by sis_niqabi; 04-05-08, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sis_niqabi View Post
                            salam

like i said the country i live in there are not much islamic events going on. and plus i need a car to get every where and i don't have a license nor can i afford my own car. so this one of the main reason why im stuck in the house all the time
                            Sister, I can understand where you are coming from. I am married to a kaffir (see my thread here for more background http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168439 ), my special needs son requires a lot of my time for which I am greatful to Allah (SWT) that I can give him, and it is because of these family issues and not a lot of Islamic events, that I am unable to get out very often and meet more brothers or spend time with some of the brothers I do know. I do not know many brothers to begin with so this causes some hardship myself, as I do not have too many friends either.

This is why I spend as much time as I can on this forum, and a couple of blogs. It is to communicate with those in the ummah. To try and make the best of my time and gain knowledge. But I believe you are doing what you can at this time, and venting to your brothers & sisters here. Yes, it cannot replace human contact...but since you stated your conditions, then make the best of what you can. Do not allow your depression to make the best of you. Make dua to Allah (SWT) to help ease your feelings.

I apologize for rambling on ukhtee...but I have been in your situation before.

P.S.- maybe pick an online book to star reading: http://www.muslimconverts.com/e-books/books.htm

~ Umar bin Al-Khattab (RA)

Comment

As-salaamoualaikum

In moments of loneliness, remember that Allah is with you!

Insha Allah , Allah will remove your difficulties.

You need to be patient.

If you find it difficult to manage without company, you could:

- take up reading
                              - take up cooking
                              - take up sewing
                              - take up correspondence courses on any subject of your choice
                              - learn a new language
                              - practise more nafl salaat
                              - learn new surahs of Quran
                              - read more Quran generally, with translation
                              - use the internet to increase your islamic knowledge : listening to lectures, reading online books, communicating with others using email, forums, blogs,etc.

Masha Allah there is so much you can do with your time, getting closer to your creator.

Do not get depressed (I know it is easy for me to write this), look on the bright side that you have so much spare time to improve your faith, your practice, your knowledge. Many other Muslims are trying to find time to pray an extra nafl salaat, read some more Quran daily, learn a new surah or even listen to an Islamic talk. Masha Allah you are very fortunate to have so much time on your hands.

Here is an article on patience and gratitude that I often read when I am feeling down, insha Allah it will help you too:
                              SABR AND SHUKR - http://books.themajlis.net/node/445. It is written by one of the great scholars of India, Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi (may Allah have mercy on him).

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X