Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont say inshaAllah..

Don’t say insha’Allah!

..Never thought you’d hear that eh. Something that many of us do when making a dua is when making dua we say insha’Allah [if Allah wills]. So they would say, “may Allah give you biggest bestest thing in the world insha’Allah ameen” or “may Allah give you a pious spouse insha’Allah” etc.
    Thats not making a dua, thats saying you want something if Allah wills, which of course is only possible if Allah wills, so whether we say it or not makes no difference as everything is up to Allah [subhanu wa ta3la] as it is. When making dua, as seen from the sunnah of the messenger of Allah SAW, we do not say insha’Allah but we be firm in the request.

The Prophet [salAllahu alayhi wa salam] said: “Let not any one of you say, ‘O Allaah, forgive me if You will, O Allaah, have mercy on me if You will.’ Let him be resolute in the matter, whilst knowing that no one can compel Allaah to do anything.” [Saheeh Bukhari and Muslim]

Also do not ever despair at the mercy of Allah and keep asking and asking, if you don’t get it in this world, you will insha’Allah get it in the next. And remember next time you make dua to Allah SWT…dont’ say insha’Allah *smiles*

reposted cos the last time, it went all mashed.
    http:/www.alghurabaa.org
    Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

AW: Dont say inshaAllah..

Thanks brother.

Comment

Re: Dont say inshaAllah..

A similar thread has already been made in the past. I can't link you because my search thingy ain't working. Jazakullah for re-posting though.

Comment

AW: Re: Dont say inshaAllah..

and talking of ummah searches, even mine doesn't work. Good to know I ain't alone :)

Comment

Originally posted by MrOnline View Post
          A similar thread has already been made in the past. I can't link you because my search thingy ain't working. Jazakullah for re-posting though.
          lool dun la. I posted the original one before too *smacks head*

But reason I reposted was cos there was some confusion in that one and I wasnt available at the time to help clear the confusion but I am now inshaAllah and I didnt wanna bump the thread cos someone reading will get confloosed.

barakAllahu feekuma
          Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

so i dont suppose there is anything we can say in arabic as a "i hope"? sort of thing?...

cause like uptil like a year back , i used to say inshallah thinking that its like a dua im making...

what can we say at the end of a general request(even if its like in a sentance)to make it into a mini dua?
            "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing.":love:

Comment

Originally posted by bitter_sweet View Post
              so i dont suppose there is anything we can say in arabic as a "i hope"? sort of thing?...

cause like uptil like a year back , i used to say inshallah thinking that its like a dua im making...

what can we say at the end of a general request(even if its like in a sentance)to make it into a mini dua?

Well you could say ameen..may Allah give you this, ameen, may Allah give you that, ameen. Oh Allah, grant me this, ameen. May Allah reward you, ameen and so on and so forth.

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Muslim View Post

Well you could say ameen..may Allah give you this, ameen, may Allah give you that, ameen. Oh Allah, grant me this, ameen. May Allah reward you, ameen and so on and so forth.
                so, instead of saying "inshallah this year i intend on going to umrah"...
                i say "i intend on going to umrah, ameen"?..

hmm...
                "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing.":love:

Comment

AssalamuAlaykum

JazakAllah khayr Abu M, good thread masha'Allah

WassalamuAlaykum
                  s a b r

Comment

hmm...
                    I think he means for a Du'aa you wouldnt say Insha'Allah, generally you would. Ameen means 'accept it'....right?

WassalamuAlaykum
                    s a b r

Comment

hmm...

Ooh righty. Im not saying not to ever say inshaAllah, as Allah says in Surah Kahf to the lines of : "do not say I will do such and such without saying inshaAllah"..so we should say inshaAllah when intending to carry out an action.

But a dua where you are asking Allah aza wajal for something, you dont say inshaAllah. So if you planning something, you say inshaAllah. eg. I plan to go Umrah inshaAllah. But if you are asking Allah aza wajal for sometihng, you wouldnt. The original post was specifically for the dua. e.g Oh Allah, grant me the means and ability to go Umeah, ameen.

Originally posted by Umm Haya View Post
                      AssalamuAlaykum

JazakAllah khayr Abu M, good thread masha'Allah

WassalamuAlaykum

wa3laykum salaam

wa iyyaki Umm M.

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

AssalamuAlaykum

Basically you gotsa be firm in the Du'aa you're making, so say Ameen, asking Him to accept it..you gotta have hope He will...Hmm

WassalamuAlaykum
                        s a b r

Comment

example

you wouldnt say 'inshallah you mum will get better'

but you would make dua and say 'May Allah cure your mum so she gets better'

because the first sentance is saying oh she might get better or not!!!

Comment

But the first one is accepting that it is actually up to Allah

The second one is a Du'aa for Allah to cure her

Both are correct though...:scratch:
                            s a b r

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Haya View Post
                              But the first one is accepting that it is actually up to Allah

The second one is a Du'aa for Allah to cure her

Both are correct though...:scratch:
                              we're saying for a dua

you would use second one...NOT the first

not saying which is right or wrong in general

but which is correct for a DUA

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X