No announcement yet.

Life Has Been One Hard Test Lately...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Life Has Been One Hard Test Lately...

Asalamu Aleikum...brother

Inshallah I Won't Forget U To Make Dua'a For You And Your Son Inshallah......

Surely Allah Knows Best......

Salamu Aleikum Warahmatulahi Wabarakatu!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by *IslamicGirl* View Post
      :sub: i am humbled by having you as a Muslim brother- truly i am

:wswrwb:
      :jkk: for your very kind words. I am just doing what Allah (SWT) wants us to do, and that is take care of our family.

Originally posted by Convert View Post
      Brother what makes you think your wife can take your child away from you?

Couldn't you be the one who gets him if there was a divorce?
      It is just my hunch based on so many other stories. She is the mother, right now she is the one with the job. Honestly, the only way I can make decent money is going back in a maritime trade. Even if it is marina management it is a long hours job. Like I said, it won't happen now. Now it's just words, but if the opportunity presented itself she would go.

Originally posted by Cashew View Post
      In my non-Muslim's view, the welfare and needs of this child, who didn't personally ask you to bring him into this world, are far more important than the personal paths to God that both of you have suddenly discovered to be so crucial.
      It is because of the "welfare and needs" of my child that we are still together. It is because of the strength that Allah (SWT) has given me that I have been able to endure countless hours in hospitals, watching my son have a spinal tap at the age of 11 1/2 months, watching him still in a seizure-over an hour after being transported to the hospital-with a breathing tube in case his lungs shut down due to the amount of meds they had given him to try and stop the seizure. Like I said, we are still friends, and masha'Allah, we don't really argue. Despite our personal differences, it is because of my son we stay together. Brother Khubaib's post [below] understands it and explains it well.

Originally posted by Khubaib View Post
      B

Brother Astraeus is saying that his wife is the paranoid/ aggressive one. She would not be content letting their son listen to both religious viewpoints and then deciding for himself when he can understand properly. Of course we hope Islam is that choice and takes root in his heart. May Allah make it so. Ameen. In fact, she is threatening divorce so the boy does not hear any mention of Islam. She is not at all concerned with the welfare of the child (otherwise she would realize the effect of taking him away from his father whom he is attached to mashallah) but more so with forcing him to recite Christian prayers and silencing brother Astraeus. She's the guilty party here. Also, I don't agree with you on the religious grounds impartiality. Courts are afterall just a collection of people. It is likely the judge would be a Christian and bias would determine the outcome. There have been many cases for instance where Islamic charities have been shut down in the U.S. because a jewish boy decided to go to Israel and was caught in a hamas attack and the parents claim the charity was funding hamas when in reality they were just distributing needed supplies. Although the mother would claim the boy was raised Christian brother Astraeus has a strong case as the caretaker of the child so maybe you're correct that religion may not be as big an issue as the boys welfare. Definitely both parents would in theory get visitation rights.
      :jkk: for your post Akhi. It is very well stated.
      “Fear your sins more than you fear the enemy as your sins are more dangerous to you than your enemy. We Muslims are only victorious over our enemy because their sins outnumber ours, not for any other reason. If our sins were equal to those of our enemy, then they would defeat us due to their superior numbers and resources.”
      ~ Umar bin Al-Khattab (RA)

Comment

Originally posted by Hijabi_Solja View Post
        Salaam Alaikum,

I have not much more to add that hasnt already been posted. I just wanted to tell you that you and your son will be in my duas and I think you are a wonderful example to All fathers both Muslim and non-muslim alike.

As for the courts, I also live in Illinois, and can tell you from personal experience that even though religion isnt supposed to play a part in a custody dispute it usually does. As someone has already stated if the judge is a christian and/or buys into all the medias propaganda, then he will certainly keep in mind that you are a muslim and it might not be to your benefit. Now if you are closer to Chicago than I am then you have a better chance, because Muslims are everywhere Mash Allah and people have generally become accustomed to seeing us and dealing with Muslims on a daily basis in public, doing business etc etc.

May Allah grant you sabr and strengthen your imaan, and protect your son and grant him good health ~Ameen

:jkk: for your very kind words.

Now, I live in the western 'burbs of Chicago. Used to live on the NW side of the city a few years ago.

Originally posted by Kasim2k7 View Post
        These hard times actually tell you that your bound to get good rewards in the hereafter. If it was this life then why do we get these hardships? This actually shows you that there will be a life of peace which is the hereafter.
        I pray to Allah that may He ease your stress and make you successful in whatever Test He is testing you.
        :jkk: for your post Akhi

Originally posted by DHAYIBA View Post
        Asalamu Aleikum...brother

Inshallah I Won't Forget U To Make Dua'a For You And Your Son Inshallah......

Surely Allah Knows Best......

Salamu Aleikum Warahmatulahi Wabarakatu!!!!!

:jkk: for your post.
        “Fear your sins more than you fear the enemy as your sins are more dangerous to you than your enemy. We Muslims are only victorious over our enemy because their sins outnumber ours, not for any other reason. If our sins were equal to those of our enemy, then they would defeat us due to their superior numbers and resources.”

Comment

Originally posted by Astraeus View Post
          On a funny side note: For a couple of months I have been trying to teach him to say Alhamdulillah after he sneezes. Now that his allergies have been acting up, he should get some extra practice. :D
          Masha'Allah .... thats so cute !! :inlove:

I can just imagine him saying 'Alhumdillah' in his cute lil voice :)

It is because of the "welfare and needs" of my child that we are still together. It is because of the strength that Allah (SWT) has given me that I have been able to endure countless hours in hospitals, watching my son have a spinal tap at the age of 11 1/2 months, watching him still in a seizure-over an hour after being transported to the hospital-with a breathing tube in case his lungs shut down due to the amount of meds they had given him to try and stop the seizure.
          :(

When my son had his appendix removed .. he had a very tough recovery, because his intestines had tied into a knot ... he wasnt able to eat for a whole week ... he was throwing up and in pain non stop ... they finally had put a wire through his nose,, down his esophagus and into his stomach to collect the bile to stop the vomitting ...

It was one tough time for me ... alhumidllah he's recovered now ... But I cant even start to imagine what you and his mother are going through.

My duas are with you and your son!

May Allah swt grant him Shifa.
          When you were born you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying...

Man's way leads to a hopeless end...Allah's way leads to an endless hope

Comment

:salams

as your thread title says...this life is surely a test for the believers and inshaAllah you should always always bare that in mind...anything that happens, happens with the kadr of Allah swt...
            brother may Allah reward your efforts and patience in this life with the reward of Jannah in the after-life...
            remember brother that after hardship there always comes ease inshaAllah...
            i was really moved by your situation...may Allah have mercy upon you and your son on the day of judgement and may Allah guide your wife to the truth, for it is only Allah who has the power to guide...
            brother just have patience inshaAllah and don't get angry or upset in front of your wife and your son...inshaAllah your wifw will see that Islam is the truth through your actions and mannerisms and subhanAllah she may also revert to the truth...
            may Allah reward you for your efforts brother...remember this life is a testm inshaAllah just keep doing what your doing and more inshaAllah...and place your trust in Allah for He will never fail you...

wsalam
            Originally posted by belal1
            the question should be:

"how fast would you marry a niqaabi" :embar:

Comment

I'd suggest that if your wife acts upon her threats, then pay careful attention to which books you keep at home. If you have any books on Jihad or political aspects of Islam which a judge would view with disapproval, then lend those books to a trusted brother for a while for safe keeping. Divorces have a tendency to become messy and I wouldn't put it past a woman in that situation to try and report you as an 'extremist' just to strengthen her case.
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by Treasured Soul View Post
                When my son had his appendix removed .. he had a very tough recovery, because his intestines had tied into a knot ... he wasnt able to eat for a whole week ... he was throwing up and in pain non stop ... they finally had put a wire through his nose,, down his esophagus and into his stomach to collect the bile to stop the vomitting ...

It was one tough time for me ... alhumidllah he's recovered now ... But I cant even start to imagine what you and his mother are going through.

My duas are with you and your son!

May Allah swt grant him Shifa.
                :jkk: for your post. Alhamdulillah, that your son is better. All of us are parents, we do what we have to do for our children.

Originally posted by dudette View Post
                :salams

as your thread title says...this life is surely a test for the believers and inshaAllah you should always always bare that in mind...anything that happens, happens with the kadr of Allah swt...
                brother may Allah reward your efforts and patience in this life with the reward of Jannah in the after-life...
                remember brother that after hardship there always comes ease inshaAllah...
                i was really moved by your situation...may Allah have mercy upon you and your son on the day of judgement and may Allah guide your wife to the truth, for it is only Allah who has the power to guide...
                brother just have patience inshaAllah and don't get angry or upset in front of your wife and your son...inshaAllah your wifw will see that Islam is the truth through your actions and mannerisms and subhanAllah she may also revert to the truth...
                may Allah reward you for your efforts brother...remember this life is a testm inshaAllah just keep doing what your doing and more inshaAllah...and place your trust in Allah for He will never fail you...

wsalam
                :jkk: for your thoughts. I would like to think she sees something in my actions, or lack of actions when she does things like she does.
                Last edited by Al-Nasser; 28-04-08, 05:06 PM. Reason: user requested edits

Comment

Originally posted by MG View Post
                  Here is a sample of the books i was talking about, they are great:inlove: you can read some pages from them and see what you think, i got the whole collection :D

http://islamicbookstore.com/b7484.html

http://islamicbookstore.com/b7512.html

or you can get a box of them!:

http://islamicbookstore.com/b7833.html
                  I wasn't able to find any of those books at the masjid's bookstore. They may well just have been out of stock, as many of the children's book shelves were empty. I did find a good book and started to read it to my son last night...after yet another chastisement from her about not being able to properly teach my son christian prayers. Maybe if she turned off his TV while trying to get him to pray ...although he asked questions about what I was reading to him. :D

Book I bought: http://islamicbookstore.com/b9060.html

Comment

I wasn't able to find any of those books at the masjid's bookstore. They may well just have been out of stock, as many of the children's book shelves were empty. I did find a good book and started to read it to my son last night...after yet another chastisement from her about not being able to properly teach my son christian prayers. Maybe if she turned off his TV while trying to get him to pray ...although he asked questions about what I was reading to him. :D

Book I bought: http://islamicbookstore.com/b9060.html
                    awww that is as good as, i got that one too:up:
                    The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

On what grounds would she demand to have sole custody of the child, "my husband is a Muslim"? That doesn't sound like it would stick in a court of law. You said you and your wife have only remained together for the sake of your son, although you maintained a pleasant relationship - the marriage didn't sound like it was a fog of suspicion and fighting. If she wanted to divorce you, that is her choice, but she can't take your child away - which she would have to admit, was the sole reason for why you two stayed together, in essence accepting and declaring how important your son is to not only her, but to you aswell and that you are more than a capable loving parent.

And so for her to demand custody of the child, it would be crystal clear that the only reason for that would be because of her racism - the United States is a secular nation, and you are free to practice your faith. I honestly don't see any ground in which she would be successful in an attempt of taking your son away from you. If anything, it would have to be joint custody.

If she is able to freely practice her faith to him, why cant you too? She is the one being the hypocrite, making threats because you practice your faith to him aswell. As it stands, you both parent him. She can't take him away from you because of this - I'm sure you could legally repel any action she made.

I understand she is his mother, but bro if she can make such ludicrous threats, then you should sue her for even a suggestion of a threat. Watch her play this game. Learn the game. Then dominate it.
                      Last edited by Kal-El; 05-06-08, 07:21 PM.
                      If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

Working...
                      X