Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Almost punched in the face

Originally posted by Souljette View Post
    I dn't get how ppl can jst do this to any1..i've lived in america nd canada nd yes remarks hv been made nd evrythng..bt never hv physically tried to hit me nd the spit part sis asiya..if i was in tht situation...i think tht person wuldn't b alive tday..i always hd a weapon wit me fr self defense cuz i knew the situation culd arise..bt it seems tht in london it's wrse..
    sis the man was straight out of work and wearing a toolbelt with hammers and screwdrivers in it, i wasnt about to confront a skinhead with weapons twice my size cos he flobbed on my jilbab.. a police officer was actually standing on the street and i went straight up to him, but he was talking to an insane woman and kept telling me to wait, he took my details and later claimed there was nothing on the cctv although i was right under a camera and another was on the opposite side of the street, when it happened in the middle of town. problem is with carrying weapons they can be turned against you , i have some background in martial arts and can hold my own but there are sometimes times when its better to walk away .
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
      not realy brave just tired of all the insults and stares and the nonsense, and hatred on the streets. alhamdulillah you dodged it a bit, subhanAllah im in tears here sis wallahi makes me so upset to hear u had to go through that. and as for reporting it to the police, u dont need credit to ring them sis just dial 999 but saying that here they do nothing..maybe they are different where u live insha Allah.

when i had trouble i had with another female neighbour the housing officer said to me did u not try speaking to her, i told her she shouts insults at me about being muslim, and then i got a letter from the dept. saying and i quote " the fact that you mentioned you are a muslim means you are accusing the housing department of being biggotted and racist towards you" the housing officer then had my car towed away while the mecanic was working on it and had gone to get the fuel pump, and it cost me 90 quid to get it back, and when they returned it they had broken the clutch and denied it !!

dont ever expect justice from the non muslims when it comes to issues like this, best to tie your camel and try not to be out alone, this can happen day or night ukhti. i cant wait to get out of this stinking hate filled country insha Allah, may Allah protect u amin !! :love:
      This is the first time something like this happened.....It's NOWHERE near what you experienced. I think you are really brave...in fact I'm suprised how you managed to cope with all these insults. Mashallah.
      Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Wow noww i wish i had tht lolll..the martial arts part..ye i knw..i never trst the cops either way bt woww skinhead did dat too...bt ofcourse if u can walk away frm the situation it's good alhamdullah i've done tht mannyyy timesss...bt i'm gnna use sum if sum1 tries to do anythng..ppl are nicer in canada fr all i knew except fr sum bad apples ...i dnt think any1 shuld b alone..dey can b wit frnds or sumthng bt nt alone..i was always iwt frnds except sumtimes whn i wuld go home alone which wasn't a problem bt sitill i wuld advise sisters or ny1 to b wit sum1 else...bt sis asiya..may allah reward you fr ur patience Ameen and sis Kubs as well

Comment

Salam,

Mashallah u go sister! i hate ppl lyk that! they av no respect and they dont even no wether their cumin or going! Freaks! how dare they even touch us!! i think u should report it. it might av been caught on cctv or sumthing! inshllah i hope they change one day and if not i hope they get paid bck one day!
          tk cre,

sabz.

Comment

sis are you ok? subhan'Allah
            :love:"And whosoever is conscious of Allah, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed Allah has sent a measure for all things." (Quran: 65/2-3)

Comment

Wow. Hectic. I thought we had it bad here with all the crime and whatnot but at least stuff like that doesn't happen over here. At least, not that I'm aware of.
              "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
              (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                not realy brave just tired of all the insults and stares and the nonsense, and hatred on the streets. alhamdulillah you dodged it a bit, subhanAllah im in tears here sis wallahi makes me so upset to hear u had to go through that. and as for reporting it to the police, u dont need credit to ring them sis just dial 999 but saying that here they do nothing..maybe they are different where u live insha Allah.

when i had trouble i had with another female neighbour the housing officer said to me did u not try speaking to her, i told her she shouts insults at me about being muslim, and then i got a letter from the dept. saying and i quote " the fact that you mentioned you are a muslim means you are accusing the housing department of being biggotted and racist towards you" the housing officer then had my car towed away while the mecanic was working on it and had gone to get the fuel pump, and it cost me 90 quid to get it back, and when they returned it they had broken the clutch and denied it !!

dont ever expect justice from the non muslims when it comes to issues like this, best to tie your camel and try not to be out alone, this can happen day or night ukhti. i cant wait to get out of this stinking hate filled country insha Allah, may Allah protect u amin !! :love:

Why don't you come to the mainland, sister? surely life would be better in a more civilised place.
                The Crisis of ISIS (Response to Hamza Yusuf)
                Destroying the lies of the Murjiah!
                http://www.islamic-awareness.org
                http://islamqa.info/ - Best source on Islamic fatwas
                Shia Death squads in Iraq ethnically cleansing Sunnis

Comment

Originally posted by s4bXX View Post
                  Salam,

Mashallah u go sister! i hate ppl lyk that! they av no respect and they dont even no wether their cumin or going! Freaks! how dare they even touch us!!.........
                  ****, thats what they are, ****

Comment

I know how u feel, I got jumped the other day and had to fight(But Im 6'5 300)..but just stay in there....

Do yall ahve concealed weapons permits in Britain, cuz if you do, I advise you to start carrying one, if you ever feel threatened again, get a Glock and as soon as they start doing stupid stuff, pull it out and point it at those idiots, they attack..shoot..it was self defense
                    Last edited by Cartman; 05-04-08, 08:42 PM.
                    May Allah Bless Us All.

Comment

Very sorry to hear of your experience kubs, this world has three types of people : the good, the bad and the ugly. Encounters with the bad bring out the beauty in the good. :insha: this encounter taught you the amount of Islamaphobia that exists and the great need to do something about it.
                      I'm not that bad ... really :1popcorn:

Comment

This is getting ridiculous. It seems like you guys are getting worse abuses over in UK and EUROPE then here in the US....I mean, its been a WHILE Since I heard of a muslim sister or brother being attacked....A VERY LONG TIME...and it all started here.....I really think some of you people should move! LEAVE THE Stupid country! Especially, sister Asiya, you seem to have gone through a lot in that stupid small Island.

Masha'Allah, for standing up for Islam sis. Very commendable! I mean, that takes guts...I haven't been in a situation like that yet, but I really don't know WHAT I would do if I was....Subhan'Allah, May Allah (swt) Bless you for standing up :)

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                        I know how u feel, I got jumped the other day and had to fight..but just stay in there....

Do yall ahve concealed weapons permits in Britain, cuz if you do, I advise you to start carrying one, if you ever feel threatened again
                        Ya, I got a set of brass knuckles :D
                        " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

yes Lastfriday, them brass knuckles work wonders, just start swinging wildly
                          May Allah Bless Us All.

Comment

Originally posted by LastFriday View Post

Ya, I got a set of brass knuckles :D

I doubt those are under a permit

I think there has been plenty of research done to show that if you carry weapons you are more likely to get attacked by weapons. Its the company you keep:)

Comment

Kubs I have a feeling that calling the police wouldn't have made much difference except maybe to deter the girls from going further. As for the fact that Muslims were around and did nothing- WHAT COWARDS! I'm sure it would've made a difference if someone intervened. Of course you would've been alone- Kufaar racists almost always gang up on individuals because they're too weak to act alone. Even if another female was with you they would've thought twice before doing what they did.

Asiya you seriously need to move to my neighbourhood. That just doesn't happen around here (although admittedly some areas on the outskirts or outside town are less safe- but this neighbourhood is fine alhamdullilah). Muslims here have safety in numbers alhamdullilah even though we're a minority, we're a very visible minority and admittedly most non Muslims round here are fairly tolerant anyway. Even after 9/11 and 7/7 things were pretty much business as usual around here.

One young sister started getting racist abuse from a boy on her school bus who had been troubling her for days. She tried walking away, she tried answering back but he was very persistent. Other people from her school were on the bus too but they were too cowardly to do anything (not sure if any Muslims were among them tbh). Eventually she told a male cousin in the school what was happening and he gathered a whole gang of brothers together after school to surround the racist outside. The next day the racist boy was even scared of going to school in case of what would happen and the staff had to intervene to put an end to the intimidation on both sides, but needless to say- he hasn't troubled her since then;)
                              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                                Eventually she told a male cousin in the school what was happening and he gathered a whole gang of brothers together after school to surround the racist outside. The next day the racist boy was even scared of going to school in case of what would happen and the staff had to intervene to put an end to the intimidation on both sides, but needless to say- he hasn't troubled her since then;)
                                NOW that PUT A SMILE on my FACE!
                                " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X