X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Almost punched in the face

Originally posted by Ibrahim70 View Post
    always make sure you have a Mahram with you
    or self defense....which is cheaper and won't nag about the long time you spend shopping
    My toughest fight was with my first wife.

Muhammad Ali Clay

Comment

Sis i hope ur ok! These people are just not worth it...just walk away in these situations.
      "Ask (questions from) the learned, speak with the wise, and associate with the poor."

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN
      THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
        la howla wala qawta illah billah :( hope ur ok insha Allah sis and she didnt bruise u up too much insha Allah. subhanAllah this happens to me all the time i dont leave home alone now not even during the day which is hard cos sometimes it means i cant go out for weeks.

i get this kind of thing quite a lot usually from men and teenagers then again some women too,i get it from one of my racist neighbours make rude gestures everytime he sees me, i got so many jibes and insults thrown at me one afternoon, i was spat on, sworn at, and then as i was leaving town this portugese woman sitting outside a cafe, started insulting me in portugese as i walked past calling me .. well i wont say, and she was thinking i wouldnt understand, and i turned around put my shopping bags down and said come on then and faced up to her, her male freinds told her to sit down and stop being stupid but it does all get too much sometimes.

sometimes they just swear and shout insults, one guy started singing the batman theme tune and i gave him what for, his mates told him to sit down and stop being such an idiot, sometimes they do get physical, i got hit in the side of the head by a huge polish guy on the bus and a muslim brother who was sitting in the seat in front ( who had proposed marriage to me a few months before so he knew me) just looked at the floor and didnt say a word then again he can barely speak english and no good yelling at the brits in bengali, even the kuffar women were more concerned then him and got up and said are u ok, i didnt flinch although i felt like he has split my skull cos i didnt want him to get the satisfaction of knowing he had hurt me.

anyway sometimes its best to just leave and not say anything sometimes u cant take anymore and i understand that too, but now i personally dont leave the house alone anymore as a result, not even during the day.

always have a mahram with u, i learnt that there is a reason why Allah ta ala told us to stay in our houses and not leave without necessity and then we should leave with a mahram Alhamdulillah Allah sent us such a protection especially in these days sis :(
        Ah Jazakallah Khair sis. That's awful what happened to you. Mashallah you are really brave.

Don't worry. Alhamdulillah when they tried punching me...I dodged it....a little.
        Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Nasser View Post
          or self defense....which is cheaper and won't nag about the long time you spend shopping
          But self-defence wont always help you especially if ur up against 4 huge women
          They would think twice if ur with a man:up:
          "Ask (questions from) the learned, speak with the wise, and associate with the poor."

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN
          THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE

Comment

Originally posted by Kubs View Post
            Ah Jazakallah Khair sis. That's awful what happened to you. Mashallah you are really brave.

Don't worry. Alhamdulillah when they tried punching me...I dodged it....a little.
            :( so you were hurt? You still hurting now Sister? :(

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Nasser View Post
              we shouldnt have to defend ourselves, there is a serious breakdown in this ummah when it comes to our women being protected by our men, those in born muslim families should not have to go out alone,Allah ta ala says men are the maintainers and protectors of women, we are not our own protectors. and in the time of the sahabba women who reverted to islam were married right away for their own protection,and security, now a days when men cant be bothered to take care of more than one women, and the sisters wont let them re-marry, there are so many who cant or wont get married to those outside their own cultures because of family pressures, imams and fathers and brothers are not doing their jobs it is left to us to fend for ourselves, my sons arent even muslim and they wont let me walk out alone now, muslim men should be doing the same for the women in their families.
              "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                we shouldnt have to defend ourselves, there is a serious breakdown in this ummah when it comes to our women being protected by our men, those in born muslim families should not have to go out alone,Allah ta ala says men are the maintainers and protectors of women, we are not our own protectors. and in the time of the sahabba women who reverted to islam were married right away for their own protection,and security, now a days when men cant be bothered to take care of more than one women, and the sisters wont let them re-marry, there are so many who cant or wont get married to those outside their own cultures because of family pressures, imams and fathers and brothers are not doing their jobs it is left to us to fend for ourselves, my sons arent even muslim and they wont let me walk out alone now, muslim men should be doing the same for the women in their families.
                Very true Sister. We Muslim men should be there for our Sisters at all times. We live in a country, a society, of fear and attacks on Islam and Muslims are happening more and more so as Brothers we need to stand up for our Sisters and protect them and our Masjids.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibrahim70 View Post
                  I've just read your account of what happened............ :( I am so angry right now! This country breads these sort of people and no one seems to care much.

Oh Sister I really feel sorry for you :)

Was this at night or in broad daylight? :(
                  Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

But you have to be careful Sister. There was 4 of them and who knows what they had under there clothes.............so just take care Sister.............walk away and try to ignore them :)

Comment

When do you attack? This is when you attack.
                      http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165025
                      الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

not realy brave just tired of all the insults and stares and the nonsense, and hatred on the streets. alhamdulillah you dodged it a bit, subhanAllah im in tears here sis wallahi makes me so upset to hear u had to go through that. and as for reporting it to the police, u dont need credit to ring them sis just dial 999 but saying that here they do nothing..maybe they are different where u live insha Allah.

when i had trouble i had with another female neighbour the housing officer said to me did u not try speaking to her, i told her she shouts insults at me about being muslim, and then i got a letter from the dept. saying and i quote " the fact that you mentioned you are a muslim means you are accusing the housing department of being biggotted and racist towards you" the housing officer then had my car towed away while the mecanic was working on it and had gone to get the fuel pump, and it cost me 90 quid to get it back, and when they returned it they had broken the clutch and denied it !!

dont ever expect justice from the non muslims when it comes to issues like this, best to tie your camel and try not to be out alone, this can happen day or night ukhti. i cant wait to get out of this stinking hate filled country insha Allah, may Allah protect u amin !! :love:
                        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

May Allah protect all of us. This is just wrong. Its ok if its personal but insulting Islam and The Prophets then how we meant to keep low? Because Allah told us to love Him and His prophet peace be upon him more than your parents and your wealth.
                          الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

This makes me so angry and scared at the same time. I want to have children of my own one day and to think I will be bringing them up to walk free in this society scares me :(

Comment

exactly
                              :salams
                              omg ..omg...omg ..omg!!!..lol!
                              no for real...are you alright??
                              btw...kurdish!..lol..:rofl1:
                              in future the best thing to do...is walk away, especially if your on your own...
                              but, well done..for being brave!
                              Allah is and always will be with us...

Comment

I dn't get how ppl can jst do this to any1..i've lived in america nd canada nd yes remarks hv been made nd evrythng..bt never hv physically tried to hit me nd the spit part sis asiya..if i was in tht situation...i think tht person wuldn't b alive tday..i always hd a weapon wit me fr self defense cuz i knew the situation culd arise..bt it seems tht in london it's wrse..

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X