Question regarding blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding blood

If you have done blood work before, is it normal for the arm that got the blood taken out of it to feel weak and tingly?

I've been getting blood work done for many years now and I've never had this problem, except for the last blood work I did, and the one today. Both times my arm felt weak, tingly, and the bleeding lasted a little longer than before. I don't know why it's starting to do this. Has anyone had this problem?

:jkk: in advance for the help.
    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
    [2:186]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Re: Question regarding blood

u know i just got my blood taken like 10 minutes ago and my arm feels fine ..... maybe u shud tell ur doc or the ppl who take ur blood .....

Comment

Maybe, but it's only happened twice in the 4 years I've been getting it done. I just don't understand why it started to happen all of a sudden. I'm seeing my doctor in 2 weeks, so I'll ask her inshallah.
      وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
      "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
        If you have done blood work before, is it normal for the arm that got the blood taken out of it to feel weak and tingly?

I've been getting blood work done for many years now and I've never had this problem, except for the last blood work I did, and the one today. Both times my arm felt weak, tingly, and the bleeding lasted a little longer than before. I don't know why it's starting to do this. Has anyone had this problem?

A little bit. Then again, the last time I got blood drawn I passed out.
        "The Jew cries out as he strikes you."

Remove matzo

Comment

maybe ur low on iron now.... :scratch: maybe a nap will make it better :love:

i pass out at sight of needle :p
          Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
            maybe ur low on iron now.... :scratch: maybe a nap will make it better :love:
            Maybe. They gave me iron pills before saying I was low in iron but I didn't take them. It didn't hurt then though, but I like the idea of a nap. Inshallah I'll try that. :)

i pass out at sight of needle :p
            I'm the complete opposite. I have to watch them put the needle in. Not because I want to, but I actually have to watch them put it in. The only time I didn't the nurse missed my vein and it hurt a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post

usually when they take the needle out just as they pull it totally out, they give u a cotton pad to press on the hole really hard and then u should pull ur arm up and keep ur finger there for a few minutes, so the cotton and ur finger is trapped in the crook of your arm applying loads of pressure, and then it wont bleed, and wont bruise either. if they dont do this u and just quickly pat the hole with a pad then put a plaster on, u end up with a fat blue and yellow bruise and tingly arm ( had two kids and u get loads of blood test taken when ur pregnant :S not plesant ) but it shouldnt last long insha Allah if it does then maybe u should get it checked out Allahu alam, maybe we have some doctors on here can advise u insha Allah.
              "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

insha allah next time u get it done mention to them? cos it shudnt really b like that
                but if they gav u iron suplements insha allah do take it
                <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Low on iron was the first thing that came to mind, like the other ummah members :)

Do try the supplements ... perhaps your iron has lowered more than when you had it previously checked and thats why you can feel it more now?

Though I dont know how old you are, age may play a role too?

But do talk to your doctor, she will be the best person to know the cause as she will have your full history at hand.
                  When you were born you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying...

Man's way leads to a hopeless end...Allah's way leads to an endless hope

Comment

how did that nap work out for you
                    Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

I tried to sleep but couldn't. After a few hours though my arm felt better, Alhamdulillah. But for 3 hours it felt weird.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X