Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need to be a hafizah!!!!!help!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • need to be a hafizah!!!!!help!

    for many years, i have wanted to be a hafizah. i just have to hear the quran or pray it and that need to be a hafiza is again reinforced in me.it is just the most beautiful thing in the world..and both praying it and hearing it brings tears to my eyes. serious i want to be a hafizah sooo much, im like desperate...i would really like to start but i dont want to go by anyone to teach it to me, i want it to be done at home by myself.

    thing is, coursework and everything is like piling up...my exams are cumin up and that means revision..i get more and more stressed everyday..iv tried it once previously {starting to learn the quran}but i never manage to finish and always give up after a few days because i get lazy or i find some school work more important to do.alhamdulillah i know surah yasin, tabarak, ar-rahman and the whole of amma off by heart...but i need to know the whole thing!!!

    what can i do?...because i know that later on ill really regret it. this is the chance to learn it right?...while im still a kid, right?
    "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing.":love:

  • #2
    Re: need to be a hafizah!!!!!help!

    yup

    instead of going back to sleep after fajr (if thats wat u do) you can sit and learn like 2 or 3 verses at a time. during exams you can limit to a smaller number and after exams when its break you can focus on a larger goal per day or even weekly basis. its not easy but if ur really determined theres nothing stopping you :inlove: often its easier to learn from the back because surahs are smaller and you work your way up.

    important thing after memorizing is reviewing,revising constantly, or else you will forget. i dont know about you, but its a pretty bad habit to recite smaller surahs in salat so the longer ones dont get touched on as much....

    i remember a long time ago i memorized all of juz amma and bits and chunks of the larger surahs ar-rahman, kahf, bakarah... but without practice, you forget. now only after revising like 20 times will i remember it... but to think i memorized so easily when i was 13! :p so always practice :up:
    Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: need to be a hafizah!!!!!help!

      Like Gucci sister mentioned ... set a time for yourself where you will memorise it everyday ... during exams, u can just try to revise what u memorised so you dont forget it and when ur less pressured/stressed you can memorise more ayahs :)


      Even if it takes you a decade, if its something you really want, you will succeed Insha'Allah!

      It is alot easier as a kid, cuz your brain can take more in ... as you get older, we have alot of 'other' things to worry about ... so it gets discouraging!

      But dont let age become the factor between you and your dream of becoming a hafizah.


      I heard somewhere that if your becoming a hafiz/hafizah in this dunya, that if you pass away before you can actually complete the Quran, that an angel is sent to you to your grave to help you memorise?
      When you were born you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying...

      Man's way leads to a hopeless end...Allah's way leads to an endless hope

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: need to be a hafizah!!!!!help!

        Originally posted by Treasured Soul View Post
        Even if it takes you a decade, if its something you really want, you will succeed Insha'Allah!
        thats a good point. even if it takes you this whole lifetime, at least you did it :hidban: its very rewarding for those who struggle to memorize but try super hard anyway :love: it would definitely be worth it
        Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: need to be a hafizah!!!!!help!

          After Fajr prayer is not only the best time, as it is the perfect start to your day, but the Prophet (s.a.w) used to do it as well. Here's a little schedule I once stumbled upon.

          If you memorize 1 aya each day, you will be able to memorize the Quran in 17 years and 7 months and 9 days
          If you memorize 2 ayas each day, you will memorize the quran in 8 years 9 months and 18 days.
          If you memorize 3 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 5 years 10 months and 13 days
          If you memorize 4 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 4 years 4 months and 24 days
          If you memorize 5 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 3 years 6 months and 7 days
          If you memorize 6 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 2 years 11 months and 4 days
          If you memorize 7 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 2 years 6 months and 3 days
          If you memorize 8 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 2 years 2 months and 12 days
          If you memorize 9 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 11 months and 12 days
          If you memorize 10 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 9 months and 3 days
          If you memorize 11 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 7 months and 6 days
          If you memorize 12 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 5 months and 15 days
          If you memorize 13 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 4 months and 6 days
          If you memorize 14 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 3 months and 0 days
          If you memorize 15 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 2 months and 1 days
          If you memorize 16 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 1 months and 6 days
          If you memorize 17 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 10 months and 0 days
          If you memorize 18 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 11 months and 19 days
          If you memorize 19 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 11 months and 1 day

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: need to be a hafizah!!!!!help!

            Originally posted by SD. View Post
            After Fajr prayer is not only the best time, as it is the perfect start to your day, but the Prophet (s.a.w) used to do it as well. Here's a little schedule I once stumbled upon.

            If you memorize 1 aya each day, you will be able to memorize the Quran in 17 years and 7 months and 9 days
            If you memorize 2 ayas each day, you will memorize the quran in 8 years 9 months and 18 days.
            If you memorize 3 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 5 years 10 months and 13 days
            If you memorize 4 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 4 years 4 months and 24 days
            If you memorize 5 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 3 years 6 months and 7 days
            If you memorize 6 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 2 years 11 months and 4 days
            If you memorize 7 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 2 years 6 months and 3 days
            If you memorize 8 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 2 years 2 months and 12 days
            If you memorize 9 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 11 months and 12 days
            If you memorize 10 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 9 months and 3 days
            If you memorize 11 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 7 months and 6 days
            If you memorize 12 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 5 months and 15 days
            If you memorize 13 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 4 months and 6 days
            If you memorize 14 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 3 months and 0 days
            If you memorize 15 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 2 months and 1 days
            If you memorize 16 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 1 months and 6 days
            If you memorize 17 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 10 months and 0 days
            If you memorize 18 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 11 months and 19 days
            If you memorize 19 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 11 months and 1 day
            and you think its easy enough to memorize all that. rememering Quran is the most difficult task. memorize 19 fresh ayahs in a day is easy enough but you still need to keep up with your already memorized quran
            الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: need to be a hafizah!!!!!help!

              Originally posted by Kasim2k7 View Post
              and you think its easy enough to memorize all that. rememering Quran is the most difficult task. memorize 19 fresh ayahs in a day is easy enough but you still need to keep up with your already memorized quran
              an ayah is like a sentance right?...so like 19 sentances a day?
              "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing.":love:

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: need to be a hafizah!!!!!help!

                This may not be to your liking but I don't agree with people doing Hifz by themselves. In my opinion you need a teacher to help you do this. How else will you know that you are reciting correctly with proper Tajweed? How will you be able to pick out your mistakes? Who will be there to make sure you that you are diligent in your memorisation? Who will guide you as to how much you should be memorising each day and how much revision you should be doing? So yeah, you need an Ustaadh to help you with all of this.

                :up:
                "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                (al-Baqarah: 143)

                Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: need to be a hafizah!!!!!help!

                  Originally posted by bitter_sweet View Post
                  an ayah is like a sentance right?...so like 19 sentances a day?
                  yeah and ayahs lik in amma yatasaloon is one ayah. anin nabai lazeem is second. they could be long or short
                  الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: need to be a hafizah!!!!!help!

                    Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                    This may not be to your liking but I don't agree with people doing Hifz by themselves. In my opinion you need a teacher to help you do this. How else will you know that you are reciting correctly with proper Tajweed? How will you be able to pick out your mistakes? Who will be there to make sure you that you are diligent in your memorisation? Who will guide you as to how much you should be memorising each day and how much revision you should be doing? So yeah, you need an Ustaadh to help you with all of this.

                    :up:
                    well thats what i was going to say. you need a teacher definately. because you dont know what mistakes you making. a teacher will help you point out mistakes
                    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: need to be a hafizah!!!!!help!

                      Originally posted by bitter_sweet View Post
                      an ayah is like a sentance right?...so like 19 sentances a day?
                      An ayah is a verse.
                      "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                      (al-Baqarah: 143)

                      Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: need to be a hafizah!!!!!help!

                        Originally posted by Kasim2k7 View Post
                        well thats what i was going to say. you need a teacher definately. because you dont know what mistakes you making. a teacher will help you point out mistakes
                        er ok but i know i wouldnt make mistakes with tajweed. iv been taught that for the past 13 years...alhamdulillah i think my tajweed is my strongest link
                        "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing.":love:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: need to be a hafizah!!!!!help!

                          Originally posted by bitter_sweet View Post
                          er ok but i know i wouldnt make mistakes with tajweed. iv been taught that for the past 13 years...alhamdulillah i think my tajweed is my strongest link
                          you can try it though. but a teacher is strongly recommended. is there anyone else hafiz in your family?
                          الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: need to be a hafizah!!!!!help!

                            Originally posted by Kasim2k7 View Post
                            and you think its easy enough to memorize all that. rememering Quran is the most difficult task. memorize 19 fresh ayahs in a day is easy enough but you still need to keep up with your already memorized quran
                            Kasim brother, how can someone start memorizing the Qur'an if they're already doubting themselves? I'm not saying memorizing the Qur'an is easy, as I myself am not a hafidh and know the amount of patience needed to memorize new ayahs and try not to forget the old ones. However, stating the difficulty of memorizing the Qur'an will only serve to please the devil and prevent you from reaching your goal. One ayah a day is a good start. Then, reciting them during Dhuhr and Asr prayer for practice is good; not to mention when out walking in the street or waiting for a bus or train.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: need to be a hafizah!!!!!help!

                              Originally posted by Kasim2k7 View Post
                              you can try it though. but a teacher is strongly recommended. is there anyone else hafiz in your family?
                              my maternal uncle and his dad..mind you, theyr both mollys...umm...my mum could like be my appa as she does know a lot of the quran and she did teach a few people tajweed and all that...but i dont really want to involve her in it. i want to take care of it myself and i find that im more commited and motivated when its just me pushing myself, when other people push me, i sort of give up.
                              "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing.":love:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X