Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 girls vs some of today Muslim women!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2 girls vs some of today Muslim women!


    After reading some comments of some sisters in the forum, I have decided to tell the story of 2 girls, which I have read not in the guardian or daily telegraph newspapaers but in the Quran! As mentioned in the Quran, the story says:



    "Then, when he turned his face towards (the land of) Madyan, he said: "I do hope that my Lord will show me the smooth and straight Path."[22]And when he arrived at the watering (place) in Madyan, he found there a group of men watering (their flocks), and besides them he found two women who were keeping back (their flocks). He said: "What is the matter with you?" They said: "We cannot water (our flocks) until the shepherds take back (their flocks): And our father is a very old man."[23]So he watered (their flocks) for them; then he turned back to the shade, and said:"O my Lord! truly am I in (desperate) need of any good that Thou dost send me!"[24]Afterwards one of the (damsels) came (back) to him, walking bashfully. She said: "My father invites thee that he may reward thee for having watered (our flocks) for us." So when he came to him and narrated the story, he said: "Fear thou not: (well) hast thou escaped from unjust people."[25]Said one of the (damsels): "O my (dear) father! engage him on wages: truly the best of men for thee to employ is the (man) who is strong and trusty".... [26]He said: "I intend to wed one of these my daughters to thee, on condition that thou serve me for eight years; but if thou complete ten years, it will be (grace) from thee. But I intend not to place thee under a difficulty: thou wilt find me, indeed, if Allah wills, one of the righteous."[27]He said: "Be that (the agreement) between me and thee: whichever of the two terms I fulfil, let there be no ill-will to me. Be Allah a witness to what we say." [28]

    Ref: Quran [22,23,24,25,26,27,28 : 28]


    The personalities in the story are:

    1- Mosa (A.S).
    2- Shoaib (A.S) there is by the way other opinions too.
    3- The 2 girls, the daughters of Shoaib (A.S).

    One important thing that should be noted here is that Mosa (A.S) was himself escaping from Phearoh and when he reached Madyan he found those 2 girls, who they don't know him, and the story started as you've just read.

    Now, let's be honest with ourselves and admit that if Mosa (A.S) was to go and ask (as a normal man) a sister from the type I talked about at the beginning of this thread, I have no doubt in my mind that she would give him a harsh look or just ignore him or accuse him of trying to chat her up!

    Also let's admit that some sisters would not answer his salam let alone his offer to help!

    However, this was not the case with the 2 daughters of Shoaib (A.S)! The Quran tells us that the daughters of Shoaib (A.S) have replied to the stranger, Mosa (A.S) and have accepted his help! Also, one of them came back to Mosa (A.S) after telling her father and asked him to come to her father's house!

    So, sisters let's read our Quran carefully and let's keep our cultural stuff aside!


    I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:) :) :)

  • #2
    Re: 2 girls vs some of today Muslim women!

    wat? no sister would give Musa (as) a dirty look. wat r u talking about
    Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 2 girls vs some of today Muslim women!

      Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
      wat? no sister would give Musa (as) a dirty look. wat r u talking about
      You do not understand what I'm talking about! Read again.
      I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:) :) :)

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 2 girls vs some of today Muslim women!

        listen, it depends on the situation to respond.
        Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 2 girls vs some of today Muslim women!

          I'm sure many sisters here are more quiet in real life. I know I am. If he asked said salam I would say it back, why wouldn't I? If he offered to help me, alhamdulillah. Would I talk? I hardly talk in real life, so I doubt that situation would make me talk more.

          I'm not really understanding what you are saying, but it's a nice story nonetheless.
          وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
          "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
          Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
          [2:186]

          .:.
          .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
          Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 2 girls vs some of today Muslim women!

            Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
            I'm sure many sisters here are more quiet in real life. I know I am. If he asked said salam I would say it back, why wouldn't I? If he offered to help me, alhamdulillah. Would I talk? I hardly talk in real life, so I doubt that situation would make me talk more.

            I'm not really understanding what you are saying, but it's a nice story nonetheless.
            Some sisters say they don't answer men's salam! They don't say salam to them! Some brothers have even said they wouldn't salam a woman or reply to her not even when she asks for help!

            Some sisters even suggested that they should look miserable even if they're nice inside when men are present! If a brother offer help or say salam they think he does this to chat them up!

            I say this is not Islam! This is suspision and I don't like it nor agree with it! Do you agree with such sisters who think the whole world is after them?
            I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:) :) :)

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 2 girls vs some of today Muslim women!

              Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
              listen, it depends on the situation to respond.
              I know your answer. You said it many times- you don't like brothers salaming you. So, no need for argument here as I already know your answer.
              I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:) :) :)

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 2 girls vs some of today Muslim women!

                Saudi Prince, you've raised quite a point. I believe ladies back in the day were easygoing without harboring suspicions against brothers approaching them or greeting them. However, in today's society and all the violence and mischievous men, I can understand where all this is coming from.

                It's difficult to picture myself walking in Al-Khobar or Dammam and greeting a sister randomly in a mall or store. But it all boils down to the sister's nature though.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 2 girls vs some of today Muslim women!

                  Originally posted by Saudi Prince View Post
                  Some sisters say they don't answer men's salam! They don't say salam to them! Some brothers have even said they wouldn't salam a woman or reply to her not even when she asks for help!
                  If some sisters don't say salam to the men, I don't see the problem. If they don't because they are afraid of the fitna it may cause, then good on them. Some brothers don't even say it, because they fear the fitna. Again, good on them because they fear Allah. If you are sure that it's not going to cause fitna, then return the salam or say it.

                  Originally posted by Saudi Prince View Post
                  Some sisters even suggested that they should look miserable even if they're nice inside when men are present! If a brother offer help or say salam they think he does this to chat them up!

                  I say this is not Islam! This is suspision and I don't like it nor agree with it! Do you agree with such sisters who think the whole world is after them?
                  If the sisters think this way it's probably because some brothers do this. I had one sister in real life tell me this Muslim brother kept following her, when she stopped he came up to her, said Salam. She returned it, then he asked if she was single, if yes then if it would be okay for him to marry her. It has happened brother.

                  That said, I don't think they should look miserable, but they should lower their gaze and follow what the Quran and the Sunnah taught us to do. It depends on the sister on what they would do, and how they view the hadiths, etc...
                  وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                  "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                  Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                  [2:186]

                  .:.
                  .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                  Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 2 girls vs some of today Muslim women!

                    Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                    If some sisters don't say salam to the men, I don't see the problem. If they don't because they are afraid of the fitna it may cause, then good on them. Some brothers don't even say it, because they fear the fitna. Again, good on them because they fear Allah. If you are sure that it's not going to cause fitna, then return the salam or say it.
                    If the sisters don't want to say salam then that's fine for me! But why can't she reply?! Is her Iman so weak that it will get completely broken by saying "wa alaikom assalam"? Don't these type of sisters go shopping with the speed of light? Did they ever think they're going to interact with men in the shops?


                    If the sisters think this way it's probably because some brothers do this. I had one sister in real life tell me this Muslim brother kept following her, when she stopped he came up to her, said Salam. She returned it, then he asked if she was single, if yes then if it would be okay for him to marry her. It has happened brother.
                    You're just trying to say something different! If an idiot makes a mistake then this does not mean that we should suspect everybody! If a doctor makes a mistake them this doen't mean we go and close down hospitals!


                    That said, I don't think they should look miserable, but they should lower their gaze and follow what the Quran and the Sunnah taught us to do. It depends on the sister on what they would do, and how they view the hadiths, etc...
                    I agree with you it's up to them if they want to follow their culture instead of Quran and sunnah.


                    I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:) :) :)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 2 girls vs some of today Muslim women!

                      Originally posted by Saudi Prince View Post
                      Some sisters say they don't answer men's salam! They don't say salam to them! Some brothers have even said they wouldn't salam a woman or reply to her not even when she asks for help!

                      Some sisters even suggested that they should look miserable even if they're nice inside when men are present! If a brother offer help or say salam they think he does this to chat them up!

                      I say this is not Islam! This is suspision and I don't like it nor agree with it! Do you agree with such sisters who think the whole world is after them?
                      There is nothing wrong with exchanging salaams....as long as it's quick and doesn't go beyond that.

                      It depends on the situation...the circumstance...and which type of man they are approached by. I personally can tell the difference between a genuine person and someone who's looking for more.

                      You don't ignore every male that comes your way - that's just strange. But neither do you smile or act flirtatious with ANY man. Prevention is better than cure.
                      Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 2 girls vs some of today Muslim women!

                        Originally posted by Saudi Prince View Post
                        I know your answer. You said it many times- you don't like brothers salaming you. So, no need for argument here as I already know your answer.
                        salaming me for no reason if theres a reason then theres nothing wrong with that.
                        one time i was going to work and a man stopped and said salam and quickly asked where the closest mosque for jumah was. since im horrible at directions i just called my dad :o
                        Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 2 girls vs some of today Muslim women!

                          Originally posted by Kubs View Post
                          There is nothing wrong with exchanging salaams....as long as it's quick and doesn't go beyond that.

                          It depends on the situation...the circumstance...and which type of man they are approached by. I personally can tell the difference between a genuine person and someone who's looking for more.

                          You don't ignore every male that comes your way - that's just strange. But neither do you smile or act flirtatious with ANY man. Prevention is better than cure.
                          Good post. Suppose I pass by you while I was looking for the bank. I stopped and said, 'assalamo alaikom sister. Would please tell me the way to the mosque". Would you answer my salam? Would you tell me where the mosque is? Or would just think I'm a pervert who is trying to chat you up?
                          I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:) :) :)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 2 girls vs some of today Muslim women!

                            Originally posted by SD. View Post
                            Saudi Prince, you've raised quite a point. I believe ladies back in the day were easygoing without harboring suspicions against brothers approaching them or greeting them. However, in today's society and all the violence and mischievous men, I can understand where all this is coming from.

                            It's difficult to picture myself walking in Al-Khobar or Dammam and greeting a sister randomly in a mall or store. But it all boils down to the sister's nature though.
                            I wouldn't salam men nor women in the mall as there are so many there and if I were to do so I would be like a repeating machine!
                            I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:) :) :)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 2 girls vs some of today Muslim women!

                              Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
                              salaming me for no reason if theres a reason then theres nothing wrong with that.
                              I can't figure the logic behind your contradicting answers.


                              one time i was going to work and a man stopped and said salam and quickly asked where the closest mosque for jumah was. since im horrible at directions i just called my dad :o
                              Do you think he should have not asked you?
                              I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:) :) :)

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X