• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ღ Rooh-Afza ღ

:start:

:salams

:embar: as if i haven't already got enough desi influence

I kind of picked something from the Pakistani store nearby- 'Rooh Afza- Summer drink of the east'

And it's made in Pakistan and is pure 100% glucose- you have to treat it like milkshake i.e. add a spoon of this stuff and fill the rest of the glass with water.

It tastes really sugary, sweet and sublime :p (:embar: )

I promise it's not an intoxicant ( :D) it is 100% halal!

Desi's call it 'Sharbat' :p

Is there any way else you can try out the stuff? Some people add a few drops of lemon?? Has anyone else tried this drink and do you put something 'extra' in- (halal methods only please :D )

(des)IslamicGirl :p

(this is no dodgy- honestly!)

:wswrwb:
    :sub: yes i dig this drink :love:
    71.43%
    no :insha: it's a trip to my local desi store :p
    28.57%
    Last edited by *IslamicGirl*; 01-04-08, 12:59 AM.
    Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

"If I was going to meet my new wedded wife on my wedding night, or you would give me news I had a new born son. It would not give me the same satisfaction as sitting in a tent on a cold night thinking of tactics on how to ambush my enemy."
    Khalid ibn al-Waleed.

Comment

Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the Fire: And evil is the home of the wrong-doers. - 3.151

Comment

"And so, those were his last words, he had difficulty breathing. Dying on the inside, internally bleeding. The Angel of Death, dragged him away while he was sleeping.... watched his world crumble in front of him, searching for meaning..."

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix CG View Post
          IG you are such a paki :rotfl:
          :D they make really good stuff and they're really nice bunch of people too :masha: :inlove:

How's delia's cooking btw? Tried anything out? :p

Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

Last edited by sapphire_blue; 01-04-08, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Smiling is Sadaqah! So SMILE :D

A woman of real beauty smiles in trouble, gathers strength through distress and grows brave by prayer...

Comment

Re: ღ• Rooh-Afza •ღ

I like this. Better than safi though
                الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Originally posted by Kasim2k7 View Post
                  I like this. Better than safi though
                  What's safi? Never heard of it :embar: :p

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by *IslamicGirl* View Post
                      :start:

:salams

:embar: as if i haven't already got enough desi influence

I kind of picked something from the Pakistani store nearby- 'Rooh Afza- Summer drink of the east'

And it's made in Pakistan and is pure 100% glucose- you have to treat it like milkshake i.e. add a spoon of this stuff and fill the rest of the glass with water.

It tastes really sugary, sweet and sublime :p (:embar: )

I promise it's not an intoxicant ( :D) it is 100% halal!

Desi's call it 'Sharbat' :p

Is there any way else you can try out the stuff? Some people add a few drops of lemon?? Has anyone else tried this drink and do you put something 'extra' in- (halal methods only please :D )

(des)IslamicGirl :p

(this is no dodgy- honestly!)

OOO its too nice..ma mummy makes this for me in ramadhan so i can break my fast with a glass of that and a kajoor..
                      she boils milk, puts that in...mixs it..waits for it to start frothing up...waits for it to cool, puts it in the fridge...
                      after that, she grates in some 'falooda' and you get this stuff that looks like frog spawn but tastes wicked-im afraid i duno what thats called- She boils the frogspawn looking stuff and puts that in too.

she then serves it in a sundae glass, with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on top:D...[I pay attention in the kitchen:D]
                      "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing.":love:

Comment

Originally posted by bitter_sweet View Post
                        after that, she grates in some 'falooda' and you get this stuff that looks like frog spawn but tastes wicked-im afraid i duno what thats called- She boils the frogspawn looking stuff and puts that in too.
                        :vomit: how can you say stuff like that then proceed to drink it! eurrrgh, thanks for the imagery, now I'm never going to be able to drink whatever that is!

see, this sort of post should come with an 'explicit' warning...
                        ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                        a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                        worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                        a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                        and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
                        (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X