Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIV positive brother

Assalaamu Aleikum

I am a recently diagnosed HIV+ muslim living in the UK. I am both ashamed and devastated once finding out my status. It was probably due to my sinful past. I am a practising brother. I have long searched around the internet and yet to find fellow muslims in the UK who face such difficulty. As there is a lot of problems in our community in accepting that this disease exists its hard to talk to others. I have yet to tell my family, who ill probably find out eventually (no doubt my mother will be heartbroken). I wonder if anyone knows any organisations/people that I can talk to. Please I ask you to be respectful in my problem, as I am currently very mentally unstable after only finding out earlier this week.

Many thanks in advance,

Jazak Allahu Khairun,

Re: HIV positive brother

I don't know of any such organizations, perhaps you can try search the web? Just wanted to advise you to put your trust in Allah and I pray Allah will purify you through this test from your sins.

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear that brother. Trust in Allah, and try to use this as an opportunity to become close to him. If you are already turning to him, then he is calling you. I don't know of any muslim organisations that deal with HIV, because it is such a taboo in our society. Perhaps others will know.

May Allah make it easy for you.

Comment

Thanks for your comments.

Its really hard maintaining my deen with this disease. I am trying for sure, i pray everyday for the almighty to forgive me. I also pray for him to take me a soon as possible. I have really lose the will to live. Imagine a world with no-one to talk to. Well thats me at the moment. I dont want to feel sorry for myself, because its all my fault. Please remember me in ur prays.

Jazak Allahu Khairun,

brotherinneed

Comment

be strong brother

i know people who live long time with HIV

actually i met someone who was diagnosed with HIV in 1984 and he is alive and well until now and never took medications!

you can LIVE with HIV.....and inshallah one day a cure will be found......i have a strong feeling they are getting close to find it as there were a breakthrough last year

and always remember......the time of our death was already set before we were born...
          My toughest fight was with my first wife.

Muhammad Ali Clay

Comment

Thanks for the message brother al-nasser.

I'm not scared of dying, we all have to go one day. Of course I pray for the almighty to take me as soon as possible. The issue I have is telling my family (i'm unmarried - telling my parents) i have let them down. They were in fact searching for a sister for me to get married to. Luckily I found ou now, so i can stop that from progressing. I cant imagine how hurt my mother will be.

Comment

May allah have mercy on you, and may he either subside the disease or make it go away all together........
              May Allah Bless Us All.

Comment

Ameen to all dua's
                Guantanamo Justice Centre

Comment

SubhanAllah. May Allah make this a means of wiping away your sins and gaining closeness to Him SWT. Pray for forgiveness, seek His Aid and Guidance.

The Prophet :saw: said,

"There are three things, that whoever attains, will find the sweetness of faith: If Allah and his messenger are dearer to him than anyone else; if he loves a person solely for the sake of Allah; and if he would hate to return to disbelief (kufr) after Allah has rescued him from it, as much as he would hate to be thrown into fire."[Agreed upon]
                  Last edited by Hayaa'; 18-03-08, 06:35 PM.

Comment

we are all muslims and we are all your brothers and sisters on this forum. don't feel lonely for you have people to communicate with here:there:
                    The number one reason you should adopt a black cat is because they are less likely to get adopted. I don't know the reason why

Comment

Ya'allah..may Allah make it easy for you and your family..make sincere dua to Allah..He is All-Knowing and All-Forgiving

Dnt knw of any organisation as such but may be your practitioner will be able to put you in touch with people in the same situation
                      'There lies a secret passage from the tongue to the heart
                      and when the tongue engages in dhikr and good deed,
                      the heart illuminates...'

Comment

You can contact a brother named Mohammed Yahia by emailing him at [email protected]

If there is a support group for muslims living with HIV he may be able to help you out. Insha allah he will make this test easier upon you
                        I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

Ameen to the ad'iyah..Brother we are all thinking of you..and everytime I will try and remember you in my duas..keep strong, if you want to do things right by your parents with such sincerity and faith then surely Allah will definitely guide and help you. keep strong brother..

Comment

May your illness be a source of purification for you. May Allah guide you mend you, pardon you and grant you sustenance.

Im so sorry to learn of your affliction. Allah tests us in a plethora of different ways. Most important thing is to constantly have faith in his mercy through ritual acts of obedience such as salah, reading quran and dhikr inshallah.

Im so sorry.

sigpic

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

Comment

Brother,

May Allah, grants you and your family sabr, keep you close to Him.

Ameen

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X