Crisps Conclusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crisps Conclusion

Salam all, after all the alcohol in crisps debate, shall we stop eating crisps at all? Who has stopped it already?
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Re: Crisps Conclusion

Originally posted by Kasim2k7 View Post
    Salam all, after all the alcohol in crisps debate, shall we stop eating crisps at all? Who has stopped it already?
    i'v stopped:D neva use to eat crisps anyway.

Comment

what's a crisp? cookie crisp?
      "What have I to do with worldly things. My connection with the world is like that of a traveler resting for a while underneath the shade of a tree and then moving on." -Prophet Muhammad (Salallahu alayhi wa allahi wa sallam)

Comment

he's talkin abt walkers crisp

Comment

Answer

Answer

Last Updated: 23/02/2008

In the Name of Allah, the Inspirer of Truth.

Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
          The Foodguide follows the opinion of major contemporary Hanafi scholars including the venerable Mufti Yusuf Sacha of the UK (highly acclaimed foods expert) and Mufti Ashraf Usmani of Pakistan. The fatwa in our times is that synthetic alcohols (and all alcohol not considered 'khamr') in foods and otherwise is pure (tahir), and permitted to use and consume on the conditions that:

(a) it is not used as an intoxicant;
          (b) it is not used as intoxicants as used (i.e. for alcoholic consumption, even a little);
          (c) it is not used in an amount that intoxicates;
          (d) it is not used in vain (lahw).
          Courtesy: Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

This is the view propounded by the Foodguide service and it is of sound Hanafi scholarship. Nevertheless, if you are a follower of a Maz-hab (school of thought) apart from the Hanafi School or you prefer to refrain from such products then that is fine too. We will try to facilitate such persons by indicating which products are affected on this web-site as far as possible.

The use of alcoholic flavourings in the food industry is quite widespread, whilst we at the Foodguide would prefer for it not to be used, nonetheless according to Jurisprudential rulings, the use of alcohol flavourings are not impermissible. For a start, the alcohol dissipates during the manufacturing process.

We are a little confused as to why Walker's according to this news article has been pinpointed for use of alcoholic flavourings by certain organisations, when it is such a widespread process in the food industry.

Walker's has been working with the Foodguide for many years now, and continue to do so. On the record, we clearly state that we dont receive a dime from Walker's for the decisions we make on their products. Our service is to help the Muslim Community, and in turn helps the companies to be open with the public.

The Foodguide is a fully independent, 'Ulama operated non-profit service.

GMWA Foodguide WALKER's

http://www.gmwa.org.uk/foodguide2/in...uestion&id=191

Kindly note that Walker's will be providing us an updated list very soon. This is in the pipework, as it were.

And Allah knows Best

Wa Alaykumussalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

http://www.foodguide.org.uk

http://www.gmwa.org.uk/foodguide2/?p...uestion&id=215
          Created to unite Muslim students from all over the world, no matter how they aquire their knowledge.

The Deen Site | The Deen Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Unique1 View Post
            he's talkin abt walkers crisp
            ohh okay. i don't think we have those in California.
            "What have I to do with worldly things. My connection with the world is like that of a traveler resting for a while underneath the shade of a tree and then moving on." -Prophet Muhammad (Salallahu alayhi wa allahi wa sallam)

Comment

over there its the same thing what u call lays potato chips
              <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Conclusion??? ... tater chips dude ... read the label ... it's not exactly health food ...

Comment

NO! no no no no. I love chips. They just cant be Haram, please no. Not the chips, anything but the chips!

Comment

Originally posted by SaytheShahada View Post
                    what's a crisp? cookie crisp?
                    Ah bull.. I just remembered that I bought 18 cookies that needs eating instantly! :D

Thanks mate
                    خُذِ الْعَفْوَ وَأْمُرْ بِالْعُرْفِ وَأَعْرِضْ عَنِ الْجَاهِلِينَ 7:119

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X