Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: White Girl

Originally posted by talib ul islam View Post
    You can watch it here without downloading it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/it...n_pid=b009gbb0

i tried that before, it only works within UK.
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix. :hidban:

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Comment

Originally posted by Radiohead View Post
      Although I can't speak for the dramatic film shown last night, I actually don't rate this season of 'documentaries' too highly for one reason; it falsely conflates issues of race and class. The problems of white working class Britons are usually no different than the problems asian or afro-carribeean 'working-class' people, however you choose to define them. Working class non-whites don't have it any easier. What is more, prejudice runs throughout racial groups and through social classes, but it seems as though the BBC's middle-class programmers are happy to caricature the white working class as thick racists, left behind by the changing pace of the world. It makes them feel better about themselves.

I agree. What is white? European? Abd if so why are'nt Middle Class and Upper people not 'white' then? I think the translation in BBC speak really is "white season" - "lower orders of 'the regions' who are'nt BEM and who have'nt read Das Kapital"

Comment

Originally Posted by `asiya
        sister subhanAllah beautiful story, before i came to islam i went through many religions audu billah, i was a hindu worshipping statues in temples when i first read the Quran, i too had a dream that night, and "krishna" came and he sat down in front of me and he told me that he wasnt god, that he was a king in india but after he died the people began to worship him as if he was god, i became a muslim
        Tell me more about this dream. I am from Hindu family, krishna was a king, but thats not what he is remembered for. Anyway sounds interesting, either your lying, or the person that came in your dream was somebody else. Either way to become a Muslim based on a dream, and that of Krishna (who is the main Hindu God), saying that we dont know the tricky nature of God (krishna is known to be the trickiest), so maybe he tricked you into becoming Muslim because thats what you wanted. I have seen many Muslims become Hare Krishnas, and many Hindus become Muslims. But I hate it when people lie. Dont be offended by the post, after all its only a forum. Where even the stupid can seem like socratees (did i spell that right)? By writing a post with proprer enloishs:)

Comment

Originally posted by pankaja View Post
          Tell me more about this dream. I am from Hindu family, krishna was a king, but thats not what he is remembered for. Anyway sounds interesting, either your lying, or the person that came in your dream was somebody else. Either way to become a Muslim based on a dream, and that of Krishna (who is the main Hindu God), saying that we dont know the tricky nature of God (krishna is known to be the trickiest), so maybe he tricked you into becoming Muslim because thats what you wanted. I have seen many Muslims become Hare Krishnas, and many Hindus become Muslims. But I hate it when people lie. Dont be offended by the post, after all its only a forum. Where even the stupid can seem like socratees (did i spell that right)? By writing a post with proprer enloishs:)
          i became a muslim after reading the Quran not because of the dream ( check my post above again) i also had a dream, just a coincidence. now u say your god krishna is tricky, the trickiest, he stole even as a child right u know he is well known as the butter thief, now what kind of God would steal lie cheat and be tricky ? that is the traits of the devil satan, not an almighty and just God.
          "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
            I agree. What is white? European? Abd if so why are'nt Middle Class and Upper people not 'white' then? I think the translation in BBC speak really is "white season" - "lower orders of 'the regions' who are'nt BEM and who have'nt read Das Kapital"
            Yes, and it's this stupid characterisation by the 'intelligentsia' that's led us into this mess which the extreme right is now exploiting. It's the educated middle class that are indirectly responsible for the rise of the BNP.
            ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
            a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
            worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
            a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
            and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
            (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

Hey pankaja, i was just wondering if you have seen the 'butter thief'? I need some more butter for my toast. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Of Spades View Post
                Hey pankaja, i was just wondering if you have seen the 'butter thief'? I need some more butter for my toast. Thanks in advance.
                :D buy some from corner shop

Comment

Working...
                X