Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: muslim houses...

Originally posted by ajnabee View Post
    dnt get me started on builders... half the time they dnt even turn up let alone take time out to drink tea and eat biscuits. half way down the job, they seem to go AWOL!

yes thats something i missed out on and when it rains they dont do owt not as if they do owt anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Level View Post
      yes thats something i missed out on and when it rains they dont do owt not as if they do owt anyway.

the new trend among asians is this "shed" typa thing they seem to be erecting at the back of their gardens. almost like another room.
      "For those who realise that everything is from Allah, everything is the same."
      ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Comment

the new trend among asians is this "shed" typa thing they seem to be erecting at the back of their gardens. almost like another room.

conservatories im seeing a lot of sheds not really come across them had 1 in our previous house but never used it was full of cats with their kittens so we left it alone.

Comment

conservatories im seeing a lot of sheds not really come across them had 1 in our previous house but never used it was full of cats with their kittens so we left it alone.

we've seen em in practically every house we've been too... and so has my dad. when dad sees something that everyone else is doing... daddy dear has to have the same. can u guess what is being built at the back of our garden?
          ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Comment

we've seen em in practically every house we've been too... and so has my dad. when dad sees something that everyone else is doing... daddy dear has to have the same. can u guess what is being built at the back of our garden?

shed? :rotfl:

my beloved garage is always the main issue of talk in our house and guess what needs to be extended so the garage has to be sacrificed yes u guessed it the bloomin kitchen

but me sticking to me guns:bangbang:

Comment

shed? :rotfl:

my beloved garage is always the main issue of talk in our house and guess what needs to be extended so the garage has to be sacrificed yes u guessed it the bloomin kitchen

but me sticking to me guns:bangbang:

well... this is not gna be an ordinary "shed" coz we already have a shed u see... this shed room thing as i like to refer to it is gna be more of a hang out zone... pool table, table soccer, u get my drift and a sofa too!
              ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Comment

oh and kitchens rule... who cares about ur garage.. garage is a waste of space... the asian thing to do is make a driveway! :D
                ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Comment

it is crazy how much i misread thread titles. is it old age? bad eyes?

i clicked on this thread because i wanted to find out what a muslim horse is

Comment

in my old house we had 2 main entrances(2 houses joined together), one side for the men and the other for the women, but now we have moved house, its first reception room for women and second for men, and the cellar for the boys chiller room. As for prayer rooms we talk our shoes off when entering house anyway so it doesnt make a difference where you pray.
                    Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the Fire: And evil is the home of the wrong-doers. - 3.151

Comment

we got lucky. our kitchen has a door to backyard and a door to enter the kitchen from main foyer and the dining room also has a door and the living room has no contact with kitchen or dining the only problem is the stairs that go upstairs is near living room so usually men stay in living room and women are in kitchen & dining but for men to go to the basement would be a pain because basement door is through the kitchen
                      Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Originally posted by Tahiyah View Post
                        it is crazy how much i misread thread titles. is it old age? bad eyes?

i clicked on this thread because i wanted to find out what a muslim horse is
                        awww :there:

I understand completely. Last night I swear the recipe altered itself while I was working on it. I know it said 2 cups of flour! I know it! Then suddenly 5 minutes later it only says 1 cup. grar!
                        I like to quote myself
                        - nomoreillusions

Comment

So basically what I'm reading is that it's harder to find houses that are designed to your specific needs...

Which brings me back to... do Muslims tend to not build their own homes? As I mentioned in post 1, almost requires a mortgage these days to do so... so do Muslism tend to rent or buy already-built instead of build?

It seems that it would be so easy to build a house that would address the issues of which room leads where and such if you were starting from scratch to build...
                          I like to quote myself
                          - nomoreillusions

Comment

in the uk i do not know anyone who builds their own home. will be difficult bc u have to get planning permission for every tiny thing, and also hard to find an empty plot of land most of em have houses already on it?
                            .: Rufaida :.
                            .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                            http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                            “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                            but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                            ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Most houses that visited in US, were not built with segregation in mind & frankly speaking none of my fellow classmates followed it.

But when I got married, my wife joined me & we made section in our apt by using curtains.

But here, our homes, apts r built with segregation in mind. Alhamdullilah makes it so much easier.
                              Financial freedom is a matter of choice. We came into this world sustenance-guaranteed from our creator. However, it is our choice to be enslaved by money.

Comment

Working...
                              X