Hijab and trousers - compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hijab and trousers - compatible?

Im curious as to people opinions on this matter.

Do you believe that a woman who wears baggy trousers and long loose top (mid thigh/knee length) is fulfilling the requirements of hijab?
    Patience...

Re: Hijab and trousers - compatible?

Originally posted by Rouz View Post

Do you believe that a woman who wears baggy trousers and long loose top (mid thigh/knee length) is fulfilling the requirements of hijab?
    Wouldn't jeans be more suitable?

Comment

Well if Kameeze top half and jeans counts that's what i wear when I'm not wearing full blow asain clothing :up: (such as today with dress down at work) And all my kameeze tops are either just above knee or exactly knee length and loose fitting :inlove: Non of that bum enhancing - body clinging 'fasion kameeze' rubbish!

Obviously one would need a shawl/scarf to complete the hijab :up: :D
      - *[Mabrook, you just earned blessings by reading my sig :D ]*

Comment

it's a start...
        Please join my facebook page:

> > > The Islamic Digest < < <

Comment

i dono i do it sometimes... thats how asian clothes are.. so i guess i do it a lot of the time.... oh wait i only wear that at home so uhh nvm :scratch:
          Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Yes I think they are.
            Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Dain Bramaged View Post
              Wouldn't jeans be more suitable?
              how, exactly?
              Jeans are worse in that they're usually form fitting!

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquillity View Post
                Jeans are worse in that they're usually form fitting!
                I would never consider wearing jeans...and even if I do...it HAS to be baggy.

Somedays I choose to wear the abayah, other days I wear baggy trousers with a long jacket. Though recently I've been considering wearing the abayah full time. I still don't think it's compulsory....I just think it's comfortable and gets rid of unwanted attention.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that some abayah's have quite a lot of embroidery on it. It's really difficult finding a plain one. In some cases, a sister with a beautiful abayah get's more attention than a sister with just plain trousers and top. Roles are reversed despite the abayah being more loose. The abayah/jilbab is not fulfilling it's true purpose.
                Last edited by Kubs; 15-02-08, 10:19 PM.
                Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Mid thigh is still a bit dodgy as the curve of the thighs will show.

In some respects the basic requirements of hijab are met by loose trousers and long top, but an outer garment is better and is in sunnah as then you're covering fully. But insh'Allah you'll work your way up.

Btw, from a style point of view, baggy tops AND bottoms don't look great together cos the proportions are wrong. A decently made abaya looks far more elegant and womanly :D

Comment

Us MEN also have to take notice.. when you say jeans is considered immodest for women.. they why should us men wear jeans? as showing your "body" be it man or woman is not allowed..

However if you wear jeans and then wear long jacket, (loose) kurta then i think that it should be ok? as long as yourface is also covered..

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X