Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jilbab

Assalamu Alaikum
    I already wear a headscarf but i now feel that wearing just the headscarf isn't enough so i'v decided to start wearing a jilbab from monday(thats wen college restarts)
    It's something i'v been thinkin of doing for the last two years but i never seem to start I feel kind of scared:(
    Has anyone else recently started wearing a jilbab?
    how would the people around me react(i.e family,people at college)
    where can you buy good jilbabs?

Re: Jilbab

Hmm..good abayahs..in dubai :|

nah u can buy some everywhere here in england. but theyre a rip off. and not latest styles. if u want a simple one..have one made to ure size. better.
    “The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki`
    Complaining about the weakness of his memory.
    He told him, ‘abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light
    And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel.”

Comment

Oh yeah, congrats man. welcome :D
      “The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki`
      Complaining about the weakness of his memory.
      He told him, ‘abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light
      And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel.”

Comment

thanks
        If I get one made it wont get made by monday(i'll need 2 buy the material:()

Comment

no one wants to help me
          its like sitting among thousands of people but still alone.
          oh well im going as well.:up:

Comment

sorry i dont live in UK but i get mine made. i used to buy them before but theyre such a rip off as binty said.

wat u should do since u want one like right now is just buy a simple one from the store and buy material to get a few made. its not a rip off to just buy one. :p

i got 2 more tailored just a couple weeks ago but the lady didnt make the sleeves right :( so make sure to be specific wen giving measurements.
            Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

i remember when i wore my jilbab at college, some of my friends were shocked and the other gave me a weird look. but i didnt really care i was acting myself. anyways my allah make it easy for you inshallah
              'Whenever I remember that day.......I think Allah will never forgive me---- and I faint' :lailah:
              Sa'eed Ibn Amir (ra)

Comment

Originally posted by Unique1 View Post
                Assalamu Alaikum
                I already wear a headscarf but i now feel that wearing just the headscarf isn't enough so i'v decided to start wearing a jilbab from monday(thats wen college restarts)
                It's something i'v been thinkin of doing for the last two years but i never seem to start I feel kind of scared:(
                Masha-Allah, sis, thats really good to hear:up:
                Ummm, the easiest way u can get one is to get it made, just buy some material and give it to ur tailor. Although i doubt it'll be made by monday...so ur only other option is to buy one.U should find it in any islamic shops. I agree with the others though, they are quite pricey...Heres the link to Hijab shop, u might find some u like in here.
                http://www.thehijabshop.com/jilbabs/
                "Ask (questions from) the learned, speak with the wise, and associate with the poor."

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN
                THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE

Comment

Dont worry about it sis, i know how you feel. i started wearing it last summer, none of my friends at college wore it. i was scared at first because i thaught everyone was going to stare at me and I didn't want to start wearing it for a while and take it off again but alhamdulilah i've not looked back ever since.
                  If like me you always get late for college, just leave your PJ's on under your jilbab and no one will know. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
                    wat u should do since u want one like right now is just buy a simple one from the store and buy material to get a few made. its not a rip off to just buy one. :p
                    That's what I did. I bought one from a shop called 'Sakina' which was next door to Shepherd's Bush tube station. It was cotton and cost me about £30 but that was a few years ago I dunno if they've increased the prices.
                    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

www.islamorient.com
                      www.islamicdesignhouse.com
                      "For those who realise that everything is from Allah, everything is the same."
                      ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Comment

MashaAllah! It's great you want to start wearing it. If you live in an area where other sisters cover too then they shouldn't be that surprised. If not...then let them react how they want, you have made the decision and the right one indeed!Alhamdulilah.

the best way to do it is buy material like the other sisters said. But since you want to wear it on Monday it would make sense to buy a ready made one. Where abouts do you live sis? Do you have any islamic shops near you?

may Allah reward you, and make it easy for you!Aameen.

Comment

jazakaAllah khair :p (forgot to reply to islamorient! for advertising on our site, that reminded me)

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix CG View Post
                            jazakaAllah khair :p (forgot to reply to islamorient! for advertising on our site, that reminded me)
                            ;)
                            "For those who realise that everything is from Allah, everything is the same."
                            ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Comment

Assalamu Alaikum
                              Ukhti! mashaAllah tabarakAllah that really good stuff u made me smile

may Allah make it easy for u and bless u. Ameen!

if u live near whitechapel there r two shops that sell alright ones: 'Al Furqaan' and 'Madinah' they r priced about £20 each not bad. :hidban:

oh wow, i remember the day i started wearing abaya i was really happy and eexcited.

may Allah accept our deeds and purify our hearts. Ameen!

wasalamu alaikum

:lailah:
                              :lailah:
                              ''And they will be given to drink there a cup mixed with zanjabeel. A spring there, called Salsabeel.'' (76:17-18)

Comment

Working...
                              X