Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Prophet remove his shoes when he entered a home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the Prophet remove his shoes when he entered a home?

I ask
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Re: Did the Prophet remove his shoes when he entered a home?

I think so, isnt that why we are required to remove our shoes when we enter the mosque? To me its just common hygiene. If your going to put your forehead on the ground, you dont want to be treading all over the place in muddy shoes.

Comment

dunno if he (saw) did before entering the home? what were the floors made of then? dirt, sand? wood? carpets?

i am sure they probaly did as needed, if there were clean carpets, etc.

it is sunnah to remove shoes before entering the masjid

Comment

Not sure. Maybe

But yeah, probably hygeneic.
        Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

The masjid was not carpeted. Sand, as far as i remember.
          "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

Originally posted by RashidD View Post
            The masjid was not carpeted. Sand, as far as i remember.
            yes, but what the floor was made of it not really the issue. Just because its sand does not mean the mosque was not hygenic. I'm sure they prayed on some sort of prayer mat, but in addition took of their shoes so that the mosque would not accumulate dirt and such.

Comment

the floors were sand, they would pray with their faces in the dirt

the Prophet called Ali Abu Turab
              دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                the floors were sand, they would pray with their faces in the dirt

the Prophet called Ali Abu Turab
                Then that's all the more reason to remove shoes.

Comment

isnt it sunnah to wipe your bed before you sleep? to remove any evil thing..i mean especially in the desert, a dangerous scorpion or snake could crawl in..so under these conditons, i could see why one would want to wear shoes in the home. maybe they had some type of house shoe? lol..i dunno, why do you ask akhi?

Comment

Our Salaf (RahimahumALLAH) were a simple and straightforward people - which is the best way to be.

In Islam we don't imagine najasah (impurity) but at the same time are particular about cleanliness.
                    Last edited by RashidD; 30-01-08, 05:58 AM.
                    "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

Originally posted by Tahiyah View Post
                      isnt it sunnah to wipe your bed before you sleep? to remove any evil thing..i mean especially in the desert, a dangerous scorpion or snake could crawl in..so under these conditons, i could see why one would want to wear shoes in the home. maybe they had some type of house shoe? lol..i dunno, why do you ask akhi?
                      yes its sunnah to ruffle your sheets three times to make sure it is clean.

Comment

this is all i came up with regarding removing shoes..

Removing your shoes

As a general rule, one should take their shoes off unless asked by the host to keep them on. Remove your shoes at an appropriate spot and set them in an orderly fashion. Do not forget that the manner in which you put shoes on and take them off, is important. Take off the left shoes first then the right, and then when [preparing to leave] put on the right shoe first then the left.

Imam Muslim (رحمة الله عليه) and other scholars narrated that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said:
                        "When you put on your shoes, start with the right shoe. When taking off the shoes, start with the left one. The right shoe is the first to be put on and the last to be taken off."

Before entering your house, or that of your bretheren look at your shoes. If they are dirty, remove the dirt or brush the shoes against the ground. Islam is the religion of cleanliness and courtesy.

Comment

The prophet and Sahabah prayed with shoes in mosque, remember the hadith when Angel Gibril (AS) informed the Prophet he had najasa on his shoes, so he took it off, then the Sahabah followed him ( meaning they had shoes on!)
                          "Love of Allah" <------- Click

Comment

that being said, yes I would take it off, especially theres carpet nowadays and getting them dirty is not nice thing to do :(

-Fady/ MuslimSweety
                            "Love of Allah" <------- Click

Comment

logic aside

is it "islamic" or is it sunnah? or just a habit we have accepted as being a part of islam
                              دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Working...
                              X