Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone from Leicester ?

:salams

So deciding whether to move out of London for the next year, until we :insha: shift to Sharjah (please pray for us, lol). So, what is it generally like, and what areas in Leicester are where all the practicing Brothers & Sisters are ?
    P.S, Alum Rock in B'ham, isn't an example of a practicing area, lol...

:jkk:

"Yaa Allah grant me victory, or make me die Shaheed"

Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
    (surah al-anfal v.30)

Re: Anyone from Leicester ?

Leicester over any part of Birmingham any day of the week, and in all honesty Guji areas are better then any Bengali or Pakistani area I’ve visted.

Comment

Originally posted by Qiyas View Post

So deciding whether to move out of London for the next year, until we :insha: shift to Sharjah (please pray for us, lol). So, what is it generally like, and what areas in Leicester are where all the practicing Brothers & Sisters are ?
      P.S, Alum Rock in B'ham, isn't an example of a practicing area, lol...

Wa-alaikum salaam warahmatAllah

:inlove: yaaaayyy im from leicester! i Love it love it love it! As you can tell :embar:
      You'd really like leicester if you want to be around a large population of Muslims Alhamdullilah. Generally as a city it is also really nice and very convenient.

Evington is a very very good area mashaAllah, although house prices/renting around there is quite expensive. Highfields and the area around East Park Road/Spinney Hill also has a large population of muslims with a number of masjids in close proximity and the convenience of halaal butchers etc.
      *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

[email protected] zesty

Do either of you have kids ?
        If so, are they in normal school or Islamic school (heard there are a few there) ?

Most importantly.... what are the kebab shops like ??? :D

Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
        (surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

[email protected] zesty

If so, are they in normal school or Islamic school (heard there are a few there) ?

Masjid Umar is in Evington

Evington

http://www15.redstation.co.uk/masj174242/

Masjid Umar provides islamic education for both young and old, encompassing a variety of subjects including:
          • Quraan
          • Arabic
          • Tajweed (pronunciation of the Holy Quraan in Arabic)
          • Fiqh
          • Hadith

We cater for children and adults with:
          :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
            Wa-alaikum salaam warahmatAllah

:inlove: yaaaayyy im from leicester! i Love it love it love it! As you can tell :embar:
            You'd really like leicester if you want to be around a large population of Muslims Alhamdullilah. Generally as a city it is also really nice and very convenient.

Evington is a very very good area mashaAllah, although house prices/renting around there is quite expensive. Highfields and the area around East Park Road/Spinney Hill also has a large population of muslims with a number of masjids in close proximity and the convenience of halaal butchers etc.
            Answer this, since your the walking Lecicester A-Z, how far is Evington from De Mont University , :jkk:

Comment

Are there any full time Islamic First & Secondary Schools ?

(surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

I'm in Leicester too. We're currently undergoing a massive urban regeneration, so it's quite an interesting place to be at the moment. Most of it is taking place in the city centre and to the west (new theatre, Highcross shopping centre, Waterside developments, etc), but there are some smaller projects in other areas. For example: the nearly completed masjid/madrassa on Melbourne Road (right at the end of my street) which has been paid for entirely by voluntary donations (something the original builders of Highfields and Spinney Hill would certainly approve of).

Am I right in thinking Spinney Hill/Highfields/Evington is home to the largest coherent Muslim community in the UK?
                The following statement is completely true

The previous statement is totally false

:D

Comment

[email protected] zesty

Kids?!?! nnoooo hehehe

I have a hugeeee family mashaAllah and so lots of kids about- some go to state school and some go to Islamic school.
                  Theres LIA which is Leicester Islamic Academy (i think thats a girls school as far as i know) and the most recent one that has opened is a state funded Islamic school called Al Madani :inlove: It looks beautiful from the outside.

http://www.madanihigh.leicester.sch.uk/

:inlove: Kebab shops?! my god you'll be in heaven! We're like takeaways galoreeeee! :D loooll.. seriously- A HUGE chose of Halaal foods/takeouts/restaurants!

Brother Hamzah- depends which side of Evington youre going from and how :p
                  By car? about 10-15 mins depending on traffic.
                  *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Just noticed this on the Masjid Umar website

Adult Education

Masjid Umar also caters for adult Islamic education for both men and women.

Men

Classes run on a Thursday between 7.00 pm and 8.00 pm covering Quraan, Tajweed and Hadith.

Women

Classes run Monday to Thursday between the hours of 10.00 am and 12.00 pm covering Quaran, Fiqh, Tajweed and Hadith.

Further information on any of the above classes can be obtained from the Principle of Islamic Studies, Maulana Javid Patel on 0116 273 5529 Mon - Fri between 5.00 pm and 7.00 pm

Comment

Originally posted by Muhammad2 View Post
                      Just noticed this on the Masjid Umar website

:p loolll delayed reaction huh bro! :p
                      Im having my nikkah at Masjid e Umar inshaAllah! :inlove:

Comment

14 hours a day is a long time to be studying anything.

I'm not having a nikkah anywhere anytime anyhow

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
                          :p loolll delayed reaction huh bro! :p
                          Im having my nikkah at Masjid e Umar inshaAllah! :inlove:
                          All you have to do now, is find an Aakhi who's as crazy as you.................. about Leicester I mean obviously........;)

(surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

Originally posted by Muhammad2 View Post
                            14 hours a day is a long time to be studying anything.
                            lol, please tell me you were joking Aakhi,
                            It's 2 not 14, lol 10am - 12pm, not 10am - 12am, lol...

(surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

If she's having her nikkah hasn't she already found the poor sap... sorry, I mean, lucky bro?

Comment

Working...
                              X