X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Muslim Women Go to UNIVERSITY

i debate with my daughter in law about this

why?

because she went to school, now she is at home with two children, and unless she just happens to find a job that will accommodate her needs, what was the purpose of her going to college?

she is a nurse
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Re: Should Muslim Women Go to UNIVERSITY

she could like become a private nurse for pregnant women and deal with home births
    Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

AssalamuAlaykum

Hmm *thinks* For the knowledge and the experiences gained?

WassalamuAlaykum

P.S. I dont know if I understood the question properly

Comment

Depends if the career is relevant to the needs of Muslim women. So becoming a doctor/teacher etc is OK but I don't think studying for things like politics/engineering/law/acounting etc is particularly good for a Muslim woman. Allaahu 'Alam.

Comment

you guys may not like this, but here goes

i think the only women who should spend time going to university, in pursuit of career, are barren women

they should be the foremost in the community and the ummah when the services of women are needed

not to say other women are forbidden from doing these things, but this pursuit of careers is damaging our families, as it is damaging the families of the kuffar
          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post

i think the only women who should spend time going to university, in pursuit of career, are barren women

they should be the foremost in the community and the ummah when the services of women are needed

not to say other women are forbidden from doing these things, but this pursuit of careers is damaging our families, as it is damaging the families of the kuffar
            AssalamuAlaykum

WassalamuAlaykum

Comment

The women who can have kids should be uneducated and have no intellectual value in society, they are only baby making machines? Women who can't fulfil this basic purpose of producing babies, OK, they can learn and educate themselves, what else are they going to do? they're no good for producing young afterall!

Nice.
              My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.- Shaykh al-Shadhili

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
              O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
              Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

Comment

What kind of thing is that to say? Regarding barren women i mean?!!?
                *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

akhi, this subject has been spoken about many times.

A women shouldn't be prevented from gaining knowledge or have a career in something which will benefit the Ummah, but islaamic education comes first because it's fardh.

the permissibility in her studying in a mixed university to get to that stage is another matter in itself.

Comment

i went but not for the sake of career. i havent even applied for anything since i graduated, and i have got a 1st class so if i tried i could probably get something but i just dont want to, and i knew that since the first year of uni that i dont want a career.. but since i was doing arabic i just went for the sake of learning that. you can learn it in different places not just uni, but then alot of the good places are abroad anyway and i cant go, and it made my parents happy for me to get a degree.. so i dont see the problem in that so much. and its not like when u go that u HAVE to mix with men alot. unless i had friends (girls) to meet, i used to just go in to lessons and come straight back to my house, u dont have to sit around in the jcr and talk to random people
                    .: Rufaida :.
                    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Salam

women need to be educated to teach the children. a woman could go to uni and teach other children in a school or private tutor.

or sometimes a woman wants to go to uni to educate herself.
                      Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
                      (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
                        What kind of thing is that to say? Regarding barren women i mean?!!?
                        sorry

i didnt know the word barren was considered rude
                        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

as salaam alaykum

i got married straight after A levels... prior to marriage my husband said i can study further [i wanted to go into teaching]... after we got married he said i can't go to university, and he didnt go either.

now hes going back into education [hes 26] and he sed i can too. honestly im v happy about this, i want to teach in an islamic school inshAllah. i was v sad when he said i couldnt study further.

but his intentions were good... i can understand why its disapproved off. even muslims get up to all sorts. sometimes even what we think is innocent, isnt right at all.

good on your daughter in law tho... kids grow up and she will have the qualifications if ever there is a need for her to work, and nursing is a v nice field for a muslimah to be in.

Comment

funny how those men that are against women being educated are the same ones that demand their wifes to be seen by female doctors and female nurses and female optometrists and have female driving instructors etc :p
                            Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post

University education is not just for developing careers.
                              We have a saying in Hindi that one mother equals 100 teachers.

Many sisters on this forum are not working but when we read their post we can feel that they are well informed and very intelligent.
                              School education just gives basic understanding. University education really grooms indivial's transferable skills.

Plus as a human being, everyone should get the opportunity to pursue their interest and gain knowledge. University education will allow it to do in much systmetic approach. Why Mothers should not be given this right?

U r of my father's age and u might have seen life more than me but this is just my opnion, nothing to Contradict you.

With Respects,
                              Love&Peace

‘Sar utha kar maine, kitni khwahishein ki thi
                              Kitne khwab dekhe the, kitni koshishein ki thi
                              Jab tu rubaroo aaya, nazrein naa mila paaya
                              Sar jhooka ke ek pal mein, maine kya naheen Paaya’

Comment

Working...
                              X