Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Silk comfortable to sleep in?

Originally posted by nomoreillusions View Post
    I like pure egyptian cotton though.. oooh so soooooft... especially if it's a high thread count.
    Have you ever slept on egyptian cotton with a high thread count it is far from soft it is very dense and rigid like starched cotton it just feels luxurious but the bed has to be well made and the sheets stretched so theres no play.....but its far from soft to the touch.
    When told that it was religiously permissible to say what pleases his persecuters without believing in it at the time of mihna, Ahmad ibn Hanbal said "If I remained silent and you remained silent, then who will teach the ignorant?".

Comment

Originally posted by bint View Post
      i still prefer
      a mix of cotton n silk..

silk makes me feel too hot. cotton is cool.
      bint I agree. I treated us to some silk sheets, thinking them to be a real luxury. However I find them too warm in the summer. Cotton seems to be the best.
      "Lord I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed".

Comment

Im not too sure what the duvet and bedspread was made of (the bed in the hotel I stayed in when holidaying in Dubai)- but it was THE MOST COMFORTABLE and LUXURIOUS duvet and bed ever! :inlove:
        You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by Maureen View Post
          bint I agree. I treated us to some silk sheets, thinking them to be a real luxury. However I find them too warm in the summer. Cotton seems to be the best.
          aye aye

ebz..u are too right they have some top duvets there..

i said this to my bro n he just looked at me like i was getting high on sommat small :rotfl:
          “The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki`
          Complaining about the weakness of his memory.
          He told him, ‘abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light
          And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel.”

Comment

I swear I was about ready to take that bed with me!

Gorgeous :D
            You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony View Post
              I swear I was about ready to take that bed with me!

Gorgeous :D
              :rotfl:

aint it just!!! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Dappodan1 View Post
                Have you ever slept on egyptian cotton with a high thread count it is far from soft it is very dense and rigid like starched cotton it just feels luxurious but the bed has to be well made and the sheets stretched so theres no play.....but its far from soft to the touch.
                lol I can't afford those sheets.. the ones I have are a lower count but very very soft.. and I had always been told that higher count made for a better sheet, softer but more durrable.. but I've never had a chance to try it myself.

ah well, I know that 300 count sheets are very soft :up:
                I like to quote myself
                - nomoreillusions

Comment

Originally posted by afsalim View Post
                  I find silk to be very uncomfortable. The texture itself sends shivers down my spine. The same feeling you get if you scratch a glassy surface or a blackboard.
                  Originally posted by Lambo5688 View Post
                  Yea same here!
                  I get that same feeling too! ahhh pretty annoying weird feeling. :S

I dont think its comfortable at all!
                  Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Comment

Originally posted by perfectpearl View Post
                    I get that same feeling too! ahhh pretty annoying weird feeling. :S

I dont think its comfortable at all!
                    Same here. My wife got a very nice set of silk pajamas made for me once. And I hated it. Very uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by afsalim View Post
                      Beautification and elegance are not merely permitted but are required by Islam, and in general it repudiates any attempts to prohibit them. Say: Who has forbidden the adornment of Allah which He has brought forth for His servants, and the good things of His providing? (7:32)

Islam has, however, prohibited two kinds of adornment for men, while permitting them to women. These are, first, gold ornaments and, second, clothing made of pure silk. 'All reported that the Prophet (peace be on him) took some silk in his right hand and some gold in his left, declaring, "These two are haram for the males among my followers." (Reported by Ahmad, Abu Daoud, al-Nisai, Ibn Hayyan, and lbn Majah, who reports the additional phrase, "but halal for the females.") 'Umar reported that he heard the Prophet (peace be on him) say, "Do not wear silk, for those who wear it in this life shall not wear it in the Hereafter." (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim. A Similar hadith is reported by them on the authority of Anas.) On another occasion, referring to a silken garment, he said, "This is the dress of a man who has no character.'' (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)

The Prophet (peace be on him) once saw a gold ring on a man's hand. He immediately took it from him and threw it down saying, 'Does a person pick up a piece of burning coal and hold it in his hand?' After the Prophet (peace be on him) had left the place, someone asked the man, 'Why do you not pick it up and benefit from it?' He replied, 'No, by Allah! I shall not pick it up after the Messenger of Allah (peace be on him) has thrown it away.' (Reported by Muslim.)

The same prohibition which applies to the gold ring likewise applies to what we observe among conspicuous spenders, i.e., the gold pen, gold watch, gold cigarette case and lighter, gold teeth, etc.

The Prophet (peace be on him), however, permitted men to wear silver rings. On the authority of Ibn'Umar, al-Bukhari reported the former saying, "The Messenger of Allah (peace be on him) wore a silver ring. After him, Abu Bakr and then 'Umar and 'Uthman wore it, until it fell off his finger into the well of Arees." (Reported by al-Bukhari in the chapter on "Clothing" (Al-Libas).) As for other metals such as iron, there are no sound texts prohibiting them. On the contrary, in the Sahih of al-Bukhari we find that the Messenger of Allah (peace be on him) advised a man who wanted to marry a woman to, "Present her with a gift, even if it be ring made of iron." On the basis of this hadith al-Bukhari inferred the permissibility of iron rings.

The Prophet (peace be on him) made concessions in the wearing of silken garments for medical reasons, as he gave 'Abd al-Rahman bin 'Auf and al-Zubayr bin al-'Awwam, both of whom suffered from scabies, permission to wear silk. (Reported by al-Bukhari.)
                      Nothing is haram until it is explicitly mentioned in the Quran, just like pork etc.

Comment

elji do you follow the quran and the sunnah?

Comment

silk bedding is the best one for sleeping. it's soft and no fluffy hair in the morning

Comment

depends. silk pajamas are better, and cotton sheets, but silk is haram for men
                            DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

Comment

Working...
                            X