Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sugar!!!

Originally posted by umm sabah View Post
    wa alaykum salaam ukhti... true but really cheap brands avoid anyway. thats what i do... long history of diabetes on my mum & dad's side so i've been careful from now... i just use canderel, splenda and sometimes equal [coz thats what they have at my mum n dads lol] becuase its been said to be the safest.

my local doc even said very cheap saccharins over a long time can even cause seizures. allahu alim but i think its best to stay on the safe side...

anyways refined sugar IMO is no better than a sweetner, in terms of health. if anything you cause more damage to your body via fizzy drinks, cakes, 3-5 tsp sugar in comparison to a small sweetner sachet/tablet.

n on the bright side it cuts down on the calories lol which is always a good thing hey.
    salaam sis

i know wht you mean , its the same here , i have diabetes in mum n dad's side of the family, but being the irresponsible person i am and not taking heed of doc's advice i've ended up with diabetes much earlier than i thought i might:(

Anyway Allhumdollilah its under control and i dnt have much of a sweet tooth and i always stick to plain water or either diet fizzy drinks, which i've cut down too. As for the sweetner i've always used canderel or sweetex.
    thanx for the advice sis:up:
    "Say: 'O My servants who have transgressed against your own souls, do not despair of God's mercy, for God forgives all sins. It is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.'" [Quran, 39:53]

Comment

lol this is fun poll... i drink tea and coffee with no sugar in either...
      "With our soul and blood we will redeem you O Palestine! HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل "

Comment

Sajeda your avvi really hits hard...
        j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

i probably take 1 and a half to 2, i like sweet
          Time beat you to it

Comment

I put too many to count, but mainly because MY usual coffee mug is 32 oz. I also have a 54 oz. Mug. But they keep me from visiting the coffee pot on a constant basis. I drink between 1.5 and 2 refills on my usual mug, and usually only one with the 54 oz. Mug.

Comment

Tea and coffee stain your teeth. You'll end up with yellow/brown teeth!

I don't drink tea, just pure unconcentrated orange juice and water.

Comment

Originally posted by Arise St George View Post
                Tea and coffee stain your teeth. You'll end up with yellow/brown teeth!

I don't drink tea, just pure unconcentrated orange juice and water.
                That's why I brush my tooth after every meal/snack/drink etc. To keep them clean and white lol--->:D
                Guantanamo Justice Centre

Comment

Working...
                X