• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaNdOm
    started a topic Makin scuses

Makin scuses

:salams

ok its too hard to explain what happened so ima make it up

say i said to someone u shud make scuses for me... well is that kinda like not makin scuses for them cos like if u were u wudnta told them to make scuses for u cos u wuda let it pass and made scuses for them...

if u get me

sorry i knw i suck at splainin stuff
    Last edited by RaNdOm; 17-01-08, 10:32 PM.

• Lambo5688
    replied
    Re: Makin scuses

i is a confuses

Leave a comment:

• Khubaib
    replied

Originally posted by Z-Blade View Post
    :salams,

I think this is the wrong time to make excuses. Making excuses basically means giving the benefit of the doubt to your brothers and your sisters and not thinking the worst of them. Like if I saw a brother coming out a night club at night, I'd assume he went there since he really needed to use the toilet (). In this instance, it doesn't really apply since if someone smells and you are a close friend to this person, you should give them naseeha and not let them offend everyone else, which is making it worse on themselves instead of better by hiding the fact they smell.

So for the person to say "you should have made excuses for me smelling", that's wrong as person B was just trying to help. But naseeha should always be given in a non-offensive manner. And though this post may seem funny, I'm quite serious! :')

And Allah knows best.

Wassalam.

Z-blades advice is good mashallah.
    This thread is an oldie so I shouldn't reply but I thought ibn k's thread bumped recently about the hadith of Abu Bakr RA when he said something offensive to the other sahabi was appropriate.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109919

If someone says something to you that makes you upset then they should be seeking your forgiveness, there's no "excuse" for them, so they shouldn't get uppity in the first place. Just advise them that if they had some genuine criticism they should bring it up in a nice way and "advise" you not impudently say it. But if it's there nature and they lack tact in saying things and are just naturally a little rough in there speech then just overlook it and assume they meant well.
    Last edited by Khubaib; 16-05-08, 02:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Diamond_Dust
    replied

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post

ok its too hard to explain what happened so ima make it up

say i said to someone u shud make scuses for me... well is that kinda like not makin scuses for them cos like if u were u wudnta told them to make scuses for u cos u wuda let it pass and made scuses for them...

if u get me

sorry i knw i suck at splainin stuff
    Hahaha I love reading your posts you mega-bimbo! Where were you taught to speak English? 'scuses'...'splainin'...'wudnta'...You're giving pakis a bad name :p After all of my coursework is out of the way I'm going to sit you down missy and re-educate you :) However, I must admit I'm no miracle worker and if in the unfortunate event I am unsuccessful in my endeavour to rehabilitate you, I shall compile a 'Random-English' dictionary for your future hubby so he can understand the words coming out of your mouth.

*if you were unable to deduce the intention behind this post then I am mega disappointed in you* ;)

** I loooove you and your hybrid English really** :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
    Last edited by Diamond_Dust; 16-05-08, 01:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ahimjin
    replied

Originally posted by Z-Blade View Post

I think this is the wrong time to make excuses. Making excuses basically means giving the benefit of the doubt to your brothers and your sisters and not thinking the worst of them. Like if I saw a brother coming out a night club at night, I'd assume he went there since he really needed to use the toilet (). In this instance, it doesn't really apply since if someone smells and you are a close friend to this person, you should give them naseeha and not let them offend everyone else, which is making it worse on themselves instead of better by hiding the fact they smell.

So for the person to say "you should have made excuses for me smelling", that's wrong as person B was just trying to help. But naseeha should always be given in a non-offensive manner. And though this post may seem funny, I'm quite serious! :')

And Allah knows best.

Wassalam.
    I believe the brother is right. You should make excuses for a Muslim Bro or sis but if you are trying to cover up for them from others like the example of smelling bad, if lets say the friend goes elsewhere and is asked how come yor friend was smelling bad, then it should be the duty of the friend to make Excuses on your behalf.
    But if the two are alone then the criticism shuld be taken as advice and you should not be complainig about scuses.

Leave a comment:

• Z-Blade
    replied

arghhhhhhhhhhh

iggy if u dont get it.. it must be bad

k like

A: *smelly person walks in*
    B: u smell
    A : how dare u... u shud make scuses for me cos thts what muzzlim bredrin do
    B: oh so are u makin scuses for me now?
    A: huh? sorry whaaaaa???
    B: well u just accused me of not makin scuses so in reality ur not makin scuses for me... when really u shuda thought that maybe i was just born with an extra smelling smells nose... ya get me?
    A: ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i get ya i get ya

now do YOU lot get me??

And Allah knows best.

Wassalam.

Leave a comment:

• Rosalie-Beauty
    replied

TRANSLATION: its basically saying that people should make excuses for each other.

Leave a comment:

• $HugoBoss$
    replied

Originally posted by Ibn Sina View Post
    scuse moose goose
    :wacko:

Leave a comment:

• Ibn Sina
    replied

scuse moose goose

Leave a comment:

• naima27
    replied

???
    I get it!!! You make an escuse for me so I can make an excuse for you so that later on you can make an excuse for them and then we all are full of excuses
    What??? Does anyone understand?

Leave a comment:

• Qa'Qa bin Amr
    replied

Basically going round in circles making excuses for one another?

K i need to make an excuse for this oh so clever thread :p

Leave a comment:

• Umm Haya
    replied

AssalamuAlaykum,

I seriously have no idea what you're on about in this thread....time of day and that :D but about making excuses for somebody...Do not plead on behalf of those who betray their own souls....Al Quran

Now I get a feeling that is totally unrelated to the topic and ima feel like a muppet, but that was just my 2 dinars worth :D

WassalamuAlaykum

Leave a comment:

• Ignatius F. Peace
    replied

the thread is funny ... get over it ...

Leave a comment:

• knwledge_seeker
    replied

basically i was sayin if u tell someone to make excuses for u are u not automatically not making excuses for them?

so are u sayin tht is correct therefore u shudnt ever tell any1 to make excuses for u?

or are u sayin i iz jst bein stoopid

:wswrwb:

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::i nlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
    reminds me of something waseem k said in a talk recently-about imam shaf'i-he was ill and a student said to him 'may this be your last/final illness'...and then student thought to himself-that could have 2 meanings (1) the intended meaning-as in 'I hope you dont get ill again' or (2) that this be your final illness-ie. death follows it

...he then corrected himself and tried telling imam Shafi what he meant..and the Imam said something like 'I never think badly of something that is said'...as in he always lks at the gd side..

I cant remember it exactly..bt basically dont think too deeply about what anyone says to you- jus try block it out inshaAllah
    Last edited by knwledge_seeker; 21-01-08, 11:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Treasured Soul
    replied

I found the majority of the replies funny ... i didnt understand a a word of what the author was saying so stopped trying.

I found the replies funny, so im laughing and i hope the author finds her answer, inshaAllah!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X