X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Makin scuses

Originally posted by Z-Blade View Post
    :salams,

I think this is the wrong time to make excuses. Making excuses basically means giving the benefit of the doubt to your brothers and your sisters and not thinking the worst of them. Like if I saw a brother coming out a night club at night, I'd assume he went there since he really needed to use the toilet (). In this instance, it doesn't really apply since if someone smells and you are a close friend to this person, you should give them naseeha and not let them offend everyone else, which is making it worse on themselves instead of better by hiding the fact they smell.

So for the person to say "you should have made excuses for me smelling", that's wrong as person B was just trying to help. But naseeha should always be given in a non-offensive manner. And though this post may seem funny, I'm quite serious! :')

And Allah knows best.

Wassalam.
    I believe the brother is right. You should make excuses for a Muslim Bro or sis but if you are trying to cover up for them from others like the example of smelling bad, if lets say the friend goes elsewhere and is asked how come yor friend was smelling bad, then it should be the duty of the friend to make Excuses on your behalf.
    But if the two are alone then the criticism shuld be taken as advice and you should not be complainig about scuses.
    [CENTER]:lailah:
    [URL="http://www.mu.ac.ke/students/new%20mumsa/"]MUMSA[/URL][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
      :salams

ok its too hard to explain what happened so ima make it up

say i said to someone u shud make scuses for me... well is that kinda like not makin scuses for them cos like if u were u wudnta told them to make scuses for u cos u wuda let it pass and made scuses for them...

if u get me

sorry i knw i suck at splainin stuff
      Hahaha I love reading your posts you mega-bimbo! Where were you taught to speak English? 'scuses'...'splainin'...'wudnta'...You're giving pakis a bad name :p After all of my coursework is out of the way I'm going to sit you down missy and re-educate you :) However, I must admit I'm no miracle worker and if in the unfortunate event I am unsuccessful in my endeavour to rehabilitate you, I shall compile a 'Random-English' dictionary for your future hubby so he can understand the words coming out of your mouth.

*if you were unable to deduce the intention behind this post then I am mega disappointed in you* ;)

** I loooove you and your hybrid English really** :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
      Last edited by Diamond_Dust; 16-05-08, 01:16 AM.
      [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Black"]And your Lord says: "Call on Me, I will answer your Prayer." (40:60)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Z-Blade View Post
        :salams,

I think this is the wrong time to make excuses. Making excuses basically means giving the benefit of the doubt to your brothers and your sisters and not thinking the worst of them. Like if I saw a brother coming out a night club at night, I'd assume he went there since he really needed to use the toilet (). In this instance, it doesn't really apply since if someone smells and you are a close friend to this person, you should give them naseeha and not let them offend everyone else, which is making it worse on themselves instead of better by hiding the fact they smell.

So for the person to say "you should have made excuses for me smelling", that's wrong as person B was just trying to help. But naseeha should always be given in a non-offensive manner. And though this post may seem funny, I'm quite serious! :')

And Allah knows best.

Wassalam.

Z-blades advice is good mashallah.
        This thread is an oldie so I shouldn't reply but I thought ibn k's thread bumped recently about the hadith of Abu Bakr RA when he said something offensive to the other sahabi was appropriate.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109919

If someone says something to you that makes you upset then they should be seeking your forgiveness, there's no "excuse" for them, so they shouldn't get uppity in the first place. Just advise them that if they had some genuine criticism they should bring it up in a nice way and "advise" you not impudently say it. But if it's there nature and they lack tact in saying things and are just naturally a little rough in there speech then just overlook it and assume they meant well.
        Last edited by Khubaib; 16-05-08, 02:53 AM.
        Al-Hasan Al-Basree said: people are the same in health but when hardship befalls they show distinction. Ibn al Qayyim :love:

Comment

i is a confuses
          Freeeeeeeeeeeeee Palestine

sign Afzal Guru petition

www.freesheeshan.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X