• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Islamic Knowledge

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post
    cool, alhumdulillah :up:

"Fundamentals of Classical Arabic" is a good book

here is the book one, and audio to accompany it..
    http://www.sacredlearning.org/classr...abic/index.htm
    Jazakallah Khair for the help!
    Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubs View Post
      Jazakallah Khair for the help!
      wa iyyaki

also the ibn jabal courses have lots of different timings if u can find one that suits u...
      i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Comment

Ve Aleykum Selams,

No I don't mind :)
        First thing you've got to know is the 'Aqeedah properly so I'd recommend you reading any of these:

Fundamentals of Tawheed by Dr Abu Ameenah Bilal Philps

Kitab at-Tawheed
        by Shaykh-ul-Islam Muhammad ibn 'Abdul Wahhab:
        www.ashaabulquran.com
        www.aladabalmufrad.wordpress.com

Comment

Take a look. It's very good.

http://ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154705
          The Sahaba (radiAllahu anhum) used to cling to the Sunnah just because it was Sunnah
          Today we abandon the Sunnah, just because it's Sunnah.

Comment

cool, alhumdulillah :up:

"Fundamentals of Classical Arabic" is a good book

here is the book one, and audio to accompany it..
            http://www.sacredlearning.org/classr...abic/index.htm

Sweett...berry berry nice! :jkk:
            " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

Have you read the book 'Companions of the Prophet' Book 1,2 and 3?The book as u can tell from the titile tells you all about the lives the companions lead. Its a book that you wouldnt want to put down until you've finished. Mashallah, they lead great lives, lived through so much torture but had strong and firm faith in Allah (swt)!

Comment

Selamun Aleykum,

My Islamic knowledge of the deen is okay Alhamdulillah....but I'd like to learn more. I was wondering, what kind of things would you recommend that I do in order to develop my knowledge of Islam. For instance I really want to start learning Arabic. I then want to memorise the Quran Inshallah. I'd love to learn more about the Prophet and his companions and in depth meaning of the hadiths.

Is there certain courses that I'd have to take? Any places that you recommend in London?

Jazakallah Khair for your help! :)

wa3laykum salaam
                May Allah aid you in your quest in learning knowledge. masha'Allah you done the first bit ukhtee, you made the intention so thats a good start. Guess what funnily enough, as qadr goes, alhamdulilah this forum, Ummah.com can help you to an extent.

Theres 2 "courses" this forum runs, both are good for what you want and for begginers. You wanted to memorise Quran, join the Ummah Quran Project:

http://www.ummah.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=177

Its ideal for uni students cos its ONLY 3 ayahs a day and alhamdulilah we have completed I think its 8 surahs now, not including the juzz amma ones so technically whoever enrolled from the beggning knows at least 2 juzz worth, around 30 surahs masha'Allah..

Its especially good cos we do it in a group and if you commmute, spend the time memorising 3 hours, within a week or so you just memorised a new surah masha'Allah.

And the second, for your basic islamic knowledge needs, about to start today in fact, The Ummah Islamic Knowledge Project. It goes over the basics and we go through a islamic studies book together [which you would like] and answer questions etc. Theres 2 other QM students on there masha'Allah so you lot can do it together or whatever and compete with eachother like the sahaba RH would.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153507

And thats JUST on the forum, at the comfort of your home at the touch of your fingertips.
                Last edited by Abu Muslim; 12-01-08, 12:59 AM.
                http:/www.alghurabaa.org
                Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

lol, masha'Allah

books...well learning arabic from books is quite boring unless u have lodsa motivation ( i still havent found consiistent motivation..its stop start insha'Allah ill try again soon)

but if u do wanna go the book/audio root, then there are some good books...like the madinah ones and a few others....leeme see if i can find the links i had...
                  nooo its not boring!

even if u do a course or class (which if u can insha allah should, some things like speaking etc cant do by urself, and teachers also help in correcting u if u misunderstood something etc), u shud still read arabic books and study more at home insha allah, that is the way u make quicker and better progress... and it can be fun. there are alot of dif books available some of them are interesting. even arabic grammar its quite fun okay, kubs u will like it insha allah and u will feel good by learning it and making progress... should definately make an effort to start on learning arabic, has so many benefits :up:and memorising quran too. like abu muslim said u can join what we do here on the forum if u want, can do in addition to something else urself or just start off with us, up to u.. u might find the group aspect and set schedule helps to keep on track with it, i think that is a benefit alot of us find with that
                  .: Rufaida :.
                  .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                  http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                  “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                  but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                  ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                  <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

:salams

Alkhauthar have some really good courses mashaAllah. It's mainly two day courses that run through the weekend, they do them at Birmingham and other places so when they do it in London try your best to attend them inshaAllah. The London venue is mainly @ East London uni. You may have seen advertisements on the forum, they will be doing one in March called 'Mercy to the worlds' by Yasir Qadhi and it's about the seerah of the Prophet :saw:

Check out their website they have a few coming up in London inshaAllah.

http://www.alkauthar.org/

Their seats run out real fast so be quick if you want to book :up:

and like someone already said mashaAllah Tayyibun are excellent for learning Arabic/tajweed etc. And the timings are good, definitely check them out inshaAllah.

hope that helped :)

Comment

Jazakallah everyone :) I'm going to have a look through all the books and courses you all recommended. The Ummah.com project also sounds really interesting so I'll join that as well Inshallah. Really appreciate your help!
                      Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayaa' View Post
                        :salams

Alkhauthar have some really good courses mashaAllah. It's mainly two day courses that run through the weekend, they do them at Birmingham and other places so when they do it in London try your best to attend them inshaAllah. The London venue is mainly @ East London uni. You may have seen advertisements on the forum, they will be doing one in March called 'Mercy to the worlds' by Yasir Qadhi and it's about the seerah of the Prophet :saw:

Check out their website they have a few coming up in London inshaAllah.

http://www.alkauthar.org/

Their seats run out real fast so be quick if you want to book :up:

and like someone already said mashaAllah Tayyibun are excellent for learning Arabic/tajweed etc. And the timings are good, definitely check them out inshaAllah.

hope that helped :)
                        al kauthar is the uk equivilent of muhammad al shareef's thing or no? not sure if i am confusing it?
                        ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Well.....

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                          al kauthar is the uk equivilent of muhammad al shareef's thing or no? not sure if i am confusing it?
                          No his is called Al Maghrib (based in US) and other is from Australia, yes a few have mistook them both as between the two they have very similar courses and sometimes the same teachers too, a brother told me Al Maghrib will be coming to the UK as well.
                          Last edited by Fudhayl; 13-01-08, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Re: Well.....

oh okay :jkk: for clarification
                            ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

If you're in London, get on the mailing list [email protected]
                              They have tons of stuff, they send you an email each week. some of the stuff you'd need to pay for though so check that with them before you go.

I think they do have events that aren't in London, but most of it is.

Comment

Kubs, reading books is really good, however it requires validation otherwise it will be a lot of information and not necessarily knowledge. It is like some people, they memories the holy Quran, but there is no practice. Then there are others they just know few surahs but they practice every ayah. This comes about when you humble yourself in the presence of a teacher and really acquire knowledge thought humbleness, through effort.

It is best to attend a halqa, or lectures, as the Ustad will generally have gathered ilm from many sources and present it to you with the court manner and adab, and you will learn a lot from just how it is taught.

Therefore Inshallah, even if it is once a week, try to attend some halaqaat, or classes. Dont get caught in reading too many books and just becoming an information bank. That leads to people being too extreme in their views because they think that is the all and all of the world.

Also Allah swt says, ask those who are knowledgeable when you dont know. and the Ullama are the waarith of the Ambiyah, so sitting with them, you getting the benefit.
                                If We Had Perfect Power Like Allah Subhanahu wa Ta 'ala To Determine Our Destinies, and Perfect Vision Like Allah Subhanahu wa Ta 'ala To See The Future and Know What Is Best For Us, We Would Choose Exactly The Fate That Allah Chose For Us.

Comment

Working...
                                X