No announcement yet.

Would You Dress Your Daughter In....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Would You Dress Your Daughter In....

I miss Abood
    Allah the Almighty has laid down religious duties, so do not neglect them. He has set boundaries, so do not over step them. He has prohibited some things, so do not violate them; about some things He was silent-out of compassion for you, not forgetfulness, so seek not after them
    :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Islamiyyah View Post
      I miss Abood
      Where'd she go?
      Bye bye :salams

Comment

I wouldn't encourage her....but I wouldn't discourage her either. :scratch:
        Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PATH 2 View Post
          ive seen many forced girls ..rebel..girls who spent years in muslim girls schools..run away and marry etc
          girls in hijaab run on their wedding night to boyfriends
          I think i can understand what you mean. I think we shouldn't force religion on children as they donot understand. I also know girls who have been going to mosque from an early age and then get so fed up of it that they rebel and some even run away from home cause they cannot take it anymore.

What does a 4 year old know about wearing hibajs, etc? Let them be children first.

Comment

Originally posted by poppy22 View Post
            I think i can understand what you mean. I think we shouldn't force religion on children as they donot understand. I also know girls who have been going to mosque from an early age and then get so fed up of it that they rebel and some even run away from home cause they cannot take it anymore.

What does a 4 year old know about wearing hibajs, etc? Let them be children first.
            agreed:up:

Comment

I think this kind of thing should be encouraged but not forced. My daughter is just two, and she loves to play with my niqaab and she'd play with my abaya too if I let her... sometimes when I pray she tries to copy me and she loves it if I wrap a spare scarf round her (its so big it goes round her head, then around her like a jilbaab and hijaab all in one)

However forcing girls of any age to dress islamically if they're not ready or for some other reason don't want to, will just cause them to rebel and dislike Islamic things, but I do believe that if you instill a love for Islam in childrens hearts from a young age, by letting them copy you, teaching them about Islam and Allah - then I think inshaAllah its more likely they will grow to love Islam, that you won't have to force them to practice - children copy their parents examples... I know and have known many Muslim children with a genuine love for the deen firmly in their hearts, who not only want to wear hijab (girls) or beard (boys) but will be prepared to stand up for their right to wear it, and continue to wear it in the face of teasing or even Islamophobic abuse from classmates.

There is an assumption among non Muslims that the only reason a girl/woman (of any age) would dress islamically is because they are forced to...... and yes I know it does happen occasionally, and with disasterous results from what I've seen in my own life.... but in my experience the majority of children and teenagers who practice Islam do so willingly and with a love for the deen in their heart, mashaAllah! alhamdulillah!
              [CENTER]
              [/CENTER]
              [CENTER]
              [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
              [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by dhakiyya View Post
                There is an assumption among non Muslims that the only reason a girl/woman (of any age) would dress islamically is because they are forced to...... and yes I know it does happen occasionally, and with disasterous results from what I've seen in my own life.... but in my experience the majority of children and teenagers who practice Islam do so willingly and with a love for the deen in their heart, mashaAllah! alhamdulillah!
                and talking of this attitude, its interesting that I've never heard of a non Muslim assuming that a bearded Muslim youth has been *forced* to grow a beard... when in fact it would be easier to force than wearing a hijab... for example all the parents need do is prevent him from buying a razor, if he shaved it off outside the home they'd know as soon as he came home.... wheras a young woman who was being forced to wear hijab can take it off easily once away from home, and put it back on again before coming back and her parents would not be any the wiser.....(in fact I used to know a girl who did this... and other things like eating pork sausage rolls and messing around with boys... purely as rebellion from being forced to practice Islam..... precisely why parents shouldn't force their children to practice!)

so when you see young hijabified girls..... chances are they haven't been forced to wear it but are wearing it out of choice.
                [CENTER]
                [/CENTER]
                [CENTER]
                [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by poppy22 View Post

Now THAT is an assumption, i was 3 years old and wearing kurta and topi, and going to madrassah too, and guess what? It didn't stop me from being a child.

I've been dressed like that all my life, and i'd never change my dressware for the world.

There's a nice saying which says something like, What's bred in the bone will come out in the flesh (i can't remember the exact wording), i was brought up like this, so there was never a reason to 'force' it on me.

I really cannot understand the stupidity of people when they let their children grow up being just like kuffaar for 15 years of their life and then expect them to suddenly be good muslims, if you bring your children up properly from a young age then you won't have problems later on, as the saying goes, Prevention is better than cure.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

yes inshallah more hijab i think b coz slowly she will get used to the idea....if u never make ure daughter wear it and then all of a sudden wen she reaches the age you say 'ok you have to cover up lady' shes goin to be like 'what!' 'i never had to wear this before'...

so yes u shud get them used to it...but wen theyre young its not compulsory
                    check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Some of you who would put it on your daughters at an early age when they not going to the mosque are not in the right in my opinion. Its a person choice of they want to wear it or not and it shouldn't be forced on. I ain't got a daughter but i got relatives at that young age they dress in the traditional Salwar Kameez through their own choice and I'm talking about 3 years old and i have relatives who dress in the so called western clothes young and older. As long as you cover the requirements correctly does it matter how you cover them? Many children who grow up with a strict religious upbringing usually are the first to be led astray. i know kids my age who had the religious upbringing and they are getting up to all sorts and then going with their clueless father and praying. I know women who grew up dressed in the hijab and some have legged it from home due to the strict religious upbringing they had and the fact that everything they did was seen as forbidden like going college and mixing with people off the other gender. There have been many cases but the worst was when we went to the beach with college and a girl came dressed in Islamic gear and then changed on the coach into a skirt and top next to her English boyfriend.

Just cause you give them an Islamic upbringing doesn't mean they will turn out to be the perfect Islamic children.

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                        I think by age 7 they should start wearing long black coats outside. And obviously when they little should have em wearing dupatta at home pretty much from toddlerhood. Back home pathan girls look so cute - they wear the dupatta better than most punjabi women do :rotfl:
                        :rotfl: thats so funnnnyyy lol

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                          Another thing - why dont people explain to their daughters how to sit and behave when they young?

I have to keep telling some of my nieces that close your legs or pull yr skirt down etc. Dont their parents have any sense? (not real nieces, cousins kids.)

I think if you start them early in purdah then its good but other issues need to be considered. I've made my mind up that if any woman comes to my house dressed in english clothes then no-entry. Kids get confused. If Abba makes his own daughters dress modestly but allows women with all sorts of funnay dress habits inside his home - MIXED Message. no gud.
                          :rotfl: haha thats true

Comment

my 6 year old sister wears hijaab and wouldnt go to school without it on. She owns a few abayas and wears them when she remembers she owns one lol.

I remember one eid at the masjid, a sister came in dressed in abaya and niqaab and her lil lil daughter had on the same...even niqaab and she must have been what....3 yrs old mashallah. dead beautiful. Now the girl is about 11 and wears abaya full time mashallah.

Id encourage my daughter to wear hijaab at 5-6yrs old but perhaps not abaya just yet...she will eventually wear it because its part of our culture..there isnt a set age when a girl starts wearing it full time but she does eventually..perhaps not even full time, but she'll dress midestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
                              Now THAT is an assumption, i was 3 years old and wearing kurta and topi, and going to madrassah too, and guess what? It didn't stop me from being a child.

I've been dressed like that all my life, and i'd never change my dressware for the world.

There's a nice saying which says something like, What's bred in the bone will come out in the flesh (i can't remember the exact wording), i was brought up like this, so there was never a reason to 'force' it on me.

I really cannot understand the stupidity of people when they let their children grow up being just like kuffaar for 15 years of their life and then expect them to suddenly be good muslims, if you bring your children up properly from a young age then you won't have problems later on, as the saying goes, Prevention is better than cure.
                              Well said, i concur a 100%

The kurta and topi at age 3 was funny though :rotfl:
                              Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

Its good to get them used to modest clothing in a way but I think 4,5 is too young to be wearing an abaya and scarf. If they want to let them but don't force. Around 6/7 I wore a head scarf with t-shirts and pants and things progressed as I got older.

Whatever you do make your daughters love the Hijab and wear it to obey Allah S.W.T only. In one lecture by Imam Sirraj Wahajj he advised the parents to encourage their daughters by saying things like ex. "Fatima, you look so beautiful in your hijab..etc".
                                17-07

Comment

Working...
                                X