Food; Introduction to Islam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food; Introduction to Islam!

Okay everyone you know I am a new muslim and well I need a new muslim type food to get my father to make to see what he think about my new life choice what would you offer if you a full recipe (I can't spell this late at night 3 am) please send it to me and tell me what it is but that is for later on the road I want to know what I should have us make to introduce everyone to Islam so far they are taking it kinda well I actully told my dad (the only person who lives with me being the baby)

What shoudl we do?

Re: Food; Introduction to Islam!

Okay, Nirvana , go easy with your dad, and try not to be too imposting of what you wont all the time. In case he gets annoyed. You can eat lots of Vegeterian food with him... :)

As for Halal food. this is a biggish topic. There are certain animals, creatures for which the meat is totally haram ( not permissable) unless your in desperate circumstances. And then there is meat of certain animals which is halal, and also the "meat" of certain other creatures too. But this meat of animals has to be slaughtered in the RIGHT and most proficient way for their to be any blessing in its consumption.

This knowledge is taken from the principles and guidelines outlined in the Quran and Hadith.

Here are some preliminary links on basics:

http://www.iccservices.org.uk/halal_...alal_haram.htm

http://www.cookeryonline.com/Vegetarian/halal.html

Hope this helps

"Halal is clear and Haram is clear; in between these two are certain things that are suspected. Many people may not know whether those items are Halal or Haram. Whosoever leaves them, he is innocent towards his religion and his conscience. He is, therefore, safe. Anyone who gets involved in any of these suspected items, he may fall into the unlawful and the prohibited. This case is similar to the one who wished to raise his animals too close to a restricted area, so that the animals may step into that area. Indeed for every landlord there is a restricted area. Indeed the restriction of Allah are the Haram." (Sahih Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)

( hadith taken from website)
    Last edited by Arsalan; 15-12-07, 12:57 PM.
    "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

Also check this out

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...&ID=67&CATE=90

This is a very detailed article.. :) :up::up:
      "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

If you are just trying to make your meal halal, then you could buy halal meat (assuming you and your Dad eat meat) and make whatever it is he enjoys.

Of course, no pork and such.

Comment

yeah just use halal stuff and cook what u like with alcholol and pig as its haram...

if u like meat go to a halal buchers inshallah
          When you are among your goats in the desert and call the Adhan, raise your voice for whoever of the jinn and men; and whatever hears the farthest sound of the voice of the muezzin shall bear witness to it on the Day of Judgment. (Bukhari)

subhanallah

Comment

there's no such thing as muslim food. you can eat the same food you always eat just make sure you use halal products
            May Allah Bless Us All.

Comment

Originally posted by Nirvana View Post
              Okay everyone you know I am a new muslim and well I need a new muslim type food to get my father to make to see what he think about my new life choice what would you offer if you a full recipe (I can't spell this late at night 3 am) please send it to me and tell me what it is but that is for later on the road I want to know what I should have us make to introduce everyone to Islam so far they are taking it kinda well I actully told my dad (the only person who lives with me being the baby)

What shoudl we do?
              Do you know how to cook? ... if so, I can help with a nice middle eastern dish ...

Comment

Iggy when are you going to revert back to Islam, bro
                May Allah Bless Us All.

Comment

The requirements of Islamic food is that the meat should be halal and no alcohol should be added to the food. But there is no such thing as 'Muslim food' because Muslims come from all over the world and cook food according to their culture :up:

Comment

As some people mentioned it may be easy for ur family if u dont make huge changes like all the food now has to be rice and stuff every day if ur not used to that. whatever types of food u normally eat, just make the same dish with the halal meat. it makes the transition easy so they realise u didnt turn into an asian or an arab, u jst became muslim ur still the same personality and everything but with a new aspect to ur life. if u change everything about urself alot all at once, it can be a little overwhelming for them and even for u.
                    not to say dont eat other type of food.. but just dont feel u need to leave behind everything u did before.
                    jst get urself to the halal butcher insha allah :D
                    .: Rufaida :.
                    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Working...
                    X