Donating Blood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donating Blood?

There is always an annual blood drive for the students. Alhamdulillah, I am old enough to donate blood now, but I just wanted to know the ruling on it. If anyone can provide, it will be greatly appreciated. JazakAllahu Khayr.
    Allah the Almighty has laid down religious duties, so do not neglect them. He has set boundaries, so do not over step them. He has prohibited some things, so do not violate them; about some things He was silent-out of compassion for you, not forgetfulness, so seek not after them
    :love:

Re: Donating Blood?

ok this is just me... no ruling or anything.. just personally, i think donating blood is a nice thing to do :love: if no one donated blood all the ppl who suffer from blood loss and other blood related diseases would die :(

i used to work for a non profit organization who collected blood to donate all over Canada *sigh*.. it was a great job n also to work for a great cause :love:
    Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Donating Blood to Blood Banks

Question :

As-Salamu `alaykum. I used to donate blood on a regular basis to a blood bank in New Zealand. A few months ago, some of my friends told me that it is not allowed in Islam to donate blood to a blood bank. Even though I am not satisfied with this answer I have stopped donating blood. Could you please clarify the Islamic ruling concerning this issue? Jazakum Allah Kairan.

Answer :

Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, we would like to thank you for the great confidence you place in us, and we implore Allah Almighty to help us serve His cause and render our work for His Sake.

Donated blood is supposed to be used to save the lives of human beings, and hence there is nothing wrong with donating blood to a blood bank. This is surely a charitable act that entails a high reward, in sha’ Allah.

Responding to the question, Sheikh Muhammad Al-Mukhtar Al-Shinqiti, Director of the Islamic Center of South Plains, Lubbock, Texas, states the following:

"Donating blood is an act of charity. It might save the life of a person who is in desperate need of it. Referring to this, Allah, the Almighty says: “…and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.” (Al-Ma'dah: 32). That is why I do not find any reason that you should stop donating blood as a charitable act.

I should stress here that the best place where one can donate blood is a blood bank or health care institutions that are able to take care of it, store it, and classify it in a professional way."

You can also read:

Blood Donation to Non-Muslims

Donating an Organ after Death

Donating Organs to non-Muslims

Islam’s View on Organ Transplants and Donations

http://www.islamonline.net/

Comment

whooo hoo! ^^^

:hidban:
        Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Where is it held? I usually donate blood thrice a year.
          I am Bangladeshi and I recognize Palestine as the #194 country

Comment

It is permissible to donate and transfuse blood if: a) There is a desperate need to donate blood; b) There is no other alternative; and c) This has been prescribed by an expert medical practitioner.
            This permissibility is based on the principal of 'necessity relaxes prohibition'. (Al-Ashbaah).
            However, the permissibility of blood donation and blood transfusion is determined by the following conditions:
            a) The donor willingly donates his blood. If he is compelled to do so, it will not be permissible; b) There is no danger to his (the donor's) life or health; c) If the doctor feels that the patient will lose his life and there is no other alternative but recourse to blood transfusion; and d) There is no fear of death but the recovery is not possible without blood transfusion.
            It is not permissible to sell one's blood or to pay the blood donor. However, if one is in need of blood desperately and the only means to obtain the blood is to purchase it, then only will it be permissible to pay for the blood.
            Note: Blood donation and blood transfusion is not permissible for the sake of beautification or for any other reason other than genuine necessity.
            [B]:inlove:[COLOR=darkorchid] [/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]Aya [/COLOR][/B]
            [SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][I][B]If any do deeds of righteousness, be they male or female,
            and have faith, they will enter Paradise
            and not the least injustice will be done to them. [Quran 4:124[/B][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

DONATING BLOOD
              man i think its a great thing to do and that. when you know people who have all this blood given to them when they have like cancer and that it good to know that ther are people out ther who are givin bllod to allow this to happen.

personally i wanna do it myself as well, enshallah
              i dont even know what blood group i am? :confused:

bad ennit?

can i just go to my ocal GP and register or summit?
              j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...nating%20blood
                http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...nating%20blood
                "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Talhah View Post
                  There is always an annual blood drive for the students. Alhamdulillah, I am old enough to donate blood now, but I just wanted to know the ruling on it. If anyone can provide, it will be greatly appreciated. JazakAllahu Khayr.
                  It's a good thing to do. The only thing that is forbidden is selling blood.
                  I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Saudi.:inlove::inlove::inlove: I truely dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:) :) :)

Comment

JazakAllahu khayr for all the information and advice.
                    Allah the Almighty has laid down religious duties, so do not neglect them. He has set boundaries, so do not over step them. He has prohibited some things, so do not violate them; about some things He was silent-out of compassion for you, not forgetfulness, so seek not after them
                    :love:

Comment

Working...
                    X