Question for uni students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for uni students

How are you all paying for your tuition fees and living costs?

Im getting really stressed out because i dont know what to do.
    Patience...

Re: Question for uni students

Part time Job... and lots of summer work, helped me keep my debts down, even though i was living out in halls.

But i still ended up with a sizable student loan, regrettably. And Natwest bank chased me down like a dog for the OD i had with them after i graduated. I felt totally conned by them.

My advice: WORK part time, and work Summer too, and see if you can arrange intert free loan from mummy and daddy. - Also student hards ship fund?
    "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

" How can the one who chooses a hour of Haraam pleasure, above the eternal pleasure of Jannah, ever be considered as sane? "
    -Ibn Al Qayyim

Beneficial Database of Islamic Books and Media: www.Islamhouse.com
    Interested in Islam : www.islamreligion.com ; www.islam-guide.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rouz View Post
      How are you all paying for your tuition fees and living costs?

Im getting really stressed out because i dont know what to do.
      aww bro' sis.

-depends if you're living at home or not if you are then you can normally get it covered with grants for your course

-money you have saved up maybe?

-errrrmmm just working then i suppose

normally they take payments half in september and the other in january if you choose to pay like that should make it some wht easier :)
      j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

Live within your means and you should be fine.

Parental help is also an option.

Comment

work part time and work in the summer. also for winter tuition fees i have to take some from my parents but the fall & summer i paid off myself. :D
          Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
            work part time and work in the summer. also for winter tuition fees i have to take some from my parents but the fall & summer i paid off myself. :D
            What, don't work too hard whilst you study. You are meant to enjoy these Uni days and chill back. You will be working for the rest of your life, unless you get married then your hubby will.

Comment

:salams

Alhamdulillah for parents :up:
              May we reach daruSalaam by His, and only His Decree
              I would die for the cause if I knew only to what degree
              My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by zammy View Post
                :salams

Alhamdulillah for parents :up:
                My sentiments exactly ;)
                *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Last edited by Hisham Abu; 09-12-07, 09:43 PM.
                  IBNMUSLIM
                  Bringing the Youth back to the Truth

Comment

Originally posted by al_islam View Post
                    What, don't work too hard whilst you study. You are meant to enjoy these Uni days and chill back. You will be working for the rest of your life, unless you get married then your hubby will.

my hubby wants me to work full time :up:.... ...

and ya i know its to chill or watever but if chill one semester u cant go bak to school the next cuz the first semester's tuition hasnt been paid so "chilling" really doesnt help.

part time work helps pay for all the books and most of tuitions anyway. the rest i get from my parents.

Comment

ya i know. part time only helps pay for the bare necessities if u dont live at home with parents. but wen u do live with parents, u end up spending most of wat u earn while shopping anyway :p -- thats me at least :o

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
                        ya i know. part time only helps pay for the bare necessities if u dont live at home with parents. but wen u do live with parents, u end up spending most of wat u earn while shopping anyway :p -- thats me at least :o
                        Tut Tut, you better not let your husband find out. You could be saving that !

I say organise your finances, and keep to the bare minimum.

Buy tesco's extra value products, not tesco's finest .

Comment

Originally posted by al_islam View Post
                          Tut Tut, you better not let your husband find out. You could be saving that !

I say organise your finances, and keep to the bare minimum.

Buy tesco's extra value products, not tesco's finest .

dont know wat tesco's is.

wat can hubby do about me spending my own money? :mujahida:

theres no such thing as organizing finances in gucci's world

Comment

Patience...

Comment

Lets be honest, the only part-time work that will cover all the costs incurred during a course of study is drug-dealing or armed robbery...and I recommend neither.

I've been working and saving for years to be able to afford to go to University as a mature student.

In the UK, education is the realm of the rich and the destitute - the rich can afford it and the rest of us end up destitute....LOL.

"We ask Allaah for a lasting faith, true certainty, and beneficial knowledge"

Comment

Working...
                              X