Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! i can't stop getting in my way

I've got to the point where I don't know how I can change

Ever since my uni application's gone, I hardly go school. If there's a test, i miss it. If I don't feel like getting up that day, I miss lessons. But I can't seem to discipline myself. Whenever there's work to be done, I automatically look for something....ANYTHING elso to do.

I even don't ask for help coz i know i will be forced to change....and I can't make myself do it. What I need is a

But it's like I'm in my own way, there's one side of me that wants to do good but when crunch time comes my 'evil' side takes over and I'm back to square one.

*squeaks* help :(

Re: Help! i can't stop getting in my way

Sis is there any reason for it, like can u sit and think honestly to yourself what is the cause? like do you not really want to go uni or something, so u are purposely messing up? i dont know u hav to think...
    but insha allah if u do want to get the good results u need to totally change this behaviour and u will have to be firm with urself. maybe u need to ask for help, or maybe tell ur mum or something so that she will come behind u and keep asking have u done ur work, and like force u to keep on top of everything..
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

It might be an idea to get away from the world for a couple of hours. For instance find a quiet place and sit down and think about your life, where is it right now? And what direction would you like for it to be heading in the future? The park, during the winter is a good place.
      IBNMUSLIM
      Bringing the Youth back to the Truth

Comment

hey welcome back..

i cant discipline myself either. i hav 4 finals next week and i spent my whole day on Ummah ... its not my fault i swear!

try to isolate yourself from anything and everything so u can get ur work done. go to a library if that helps. libraries dont work for me cuz i fall asleep in like less than 10 minutes at university i spend my time at starbucks oh god, im hopeless.
        Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

usually that happens when you have lost motivation, or lost connection with ur goal.

all you need to do is renew ur intention insha'Allah...

could be anything really...

need to do well to get good job insha'Allah
          need to do well cos it will make parents happy
          need to do well becuase i want to be the best..

unless u know why ur doing it, u will never do it well.. :)
          i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
            oh god, im hopeless.

i'm never this emotional. must be the weather. why couldnt i be born in dubai?

Comment

Originally posted by summer786 View Post

i'm never this emotional. must be the weather. why couldnt i be born in dubai?

being emotional is COOL. let those tears out cry as much as u have to and then after a while once u've run out of your tear supply, open your books and get to it.

dubai has nothing to do with anything

be thankful u got IN to Uni. think about all the people who tried and couldnt make it. that alone should be a great motivator for u to stay in :up: ...

i tell myself all that before i tell anyone else... but its just hard to apply
              Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

I didn't go to University, I was too busy poncing around coffee houses being a psuedo-intellectual and watching horrendous art movies.

20 years later and I've just started University. Although it's better late than never, I can't help wandering what I may have achieved if I had done all this 20 years ago. Why didn't I take my education seriously? It's the one thing I regret most in my life.

I hope you don't feel this way in 20 years time.

It's your choice.

"We ask Allaah for a lasting faith, true certainty, and beneficial knowledge"

Comment

Originally posted by summer786 View Post
                  I've got to the point where I don't know how I can change

Ever since my uni application's gone, I hardly go school. If there's a test, i miss it. If I don't feel like getting up that day, I miss lessons. But I can't seem to discipline myself. Whenever there's work to be done, I automatically look for something....ANYTHING elso to do.

I even don't ask for help coz i know i will be forced to change....and I can't make myself do it. What I need is a

But it's like I'm in my own way, there's one side of me that wants to do good but when crunch time comes my 'evil' side takes over and I'm back to square one.

*squeaks* help :(
                  ditto (but not for school, for uni...) :(
                  The kitchen's a laboratory, and everything that happens there has to do with Science. It's Biology, Chemistry, Physics. Yes, there's History. Yes, there's Artistry. Yes, to all of that... but what happened there, what actually happens to the food is all Science :banan:

Comment

Working...
                  X