Buying Gifts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Gifts...

Anyone got a good strategy for buying gifts?

I know it's the wrong time of year for you guys... but it's the same principle.
    I went out to get a birthday present for my Mother today...

...and came home with some boxing gloves, some grappling gloves and a pair of focus mitts...

*sigh*
    "I shall be telling this with a sigh. Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference."
    ~ Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken

Re: Buying Gifts...

Originally posted by Ruprecht View Post

...and came home with some boxing gloves, some grappling gloves and a pair of focus mitts...

*sigh*

haha yeah i was gonna buy my brother something like a month ago and instead i bought my self a new coat :love:
    Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Yea me too, I'd like to get some pressies for 6 people, comprising of parents, a grandmother and two brothers. Hey Rup, how about a nce beautiful gown -if I got the context correct here? if you know her size of course and her fav colour?

Comment

Or return ticket to good ol' Malaysia:D

Comment

*sigh*

whatever gift you get,always get flowers with it as well!

hmmm, mum's like allsorts of things, watch?

gown with cushy fluffy slippers :D,

jewellery, maybe a nice chunky ring (not Gangsta style )?

what about a framed picture of something she would like?
          i bought my mum a framed picture of the Kaaba and she loooveed :inlove:

or how about a really nice big plant for the house, some mums love plants,flowers and gardening
          The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

*sigh*
            strategy for buying gifts

man ou make it sound so complicated and organised

buying gifts should just be a nice long ponder arounf various stores and when you see somthing descent tht makes you think of something straight away then buy it.

one of the best tips i can give to you is to have some sort of an idea before you set out to what kinda things you are looking for.

maybe asking people what they want if you get really stuck.
            j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimma View Post
              strategy for buying gifts

man ou make it sound so complicated and organised

buying gifts should just be a nice long ponder arounf various stores and when you see somthing descent tht makes you think of something straight away then buy it.

one of the best tips i can give to you is to have some sort of an idea before you set out to what kinda things you are looking for.

maybe asking people what they want if you get really stuck.
              Maybe to clarify, he's a guy wanting tips for gift-hunting.

Only women are able to go on nice long ponders around stores, the rest of the world finds that excessively boring ;)

Rupy, you go buy yourself a good pen (:p), some nice paper, and spend some time making her a Birthday card... guaranteed to go down a treat, then top it off with something else.

On no account go into shops selling stuff you actually like.
              Last edited by Joha; 01-12-07, 01:00 PM.
              ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
              a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
              worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
              a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
              and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
              (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

Originally posted by Joha View Post

Only women are able to go on nice long ponders around stores, the rest of the world finds that excessively boring ;)
                oh ok...now that akes much more sense why he would think he needed a startegy for shopping lolll. :D

totally understandable now
                j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

Originally posted by Joha View Post

Rupy, you go buy yourself a good pen (:p), some nice paper, and spend some time making her a Birthday card... guaranteed to go down a treat, then top it off with something else.

On no account go into shops selling stuff you actually like.
                  Yeah... you got it.

Except boring isn't quite the right word... closer to maddening or infuriating.
                  I hate shopping. The browsing thing sends me nuts, clothes shopping is the worst.
                  Usually when I shop, before I even hop on the bike, I know what I'm going to buy, where from and for how much. I find that hard to do with gifts though...
                  Second time lucky with the gift for my mother.
                  No way would I presume to try and buy clothes for her, the same for anything which was a matter of taste. She doesn't wear jewellery, too impractical. She does love it when the family comes over and plays a few games though. I headed to a games shop with that in mind.
                  In the end I got her a Mahjong set and promised to teach everyone to play (now I just need to teach myself...).
                  I also did the card thing. :up:
                  Now I just have to do all my Christmas shopping...
                  "I shall be telling this with a sigh. Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference."
                  ~ Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken

Comment

and guys always say 2 us we generalize 2 much and that most guys love shopping we just dont know it! *shakeshead* Ok BIG tip Ruppy pay attention.....

Flowers = big bunch
                    Chocolates = the 1z she likes best
                    A painting = and no this dosnt include posters of ur fav football team

Or

ake up relly early in the morning clean the whole house and make her breakfast in bed :D gr8 prezzie!
                    What we fail to recogonize in others, is what we will never see and understand in ourselves..Keep it real.

Comment

i always take the easy way out ... www.monthlyclubs.com

Comment

Working...
                      X