Put your dumb brain to some use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put your dumb brain to some use

Titles a bit harsh but only put it there so people click, plus its not aimed at anyone in particular so its all good.

Anyhows, finally put your brain to some use and get rewarded at same time.

http://www.freerice.com/index.php

How to play:
    • Click on the answer that best defines the word.
    • If you get it right, you get a harder word. If wrong, you get an easier word.
    • For each word you get right, we donate 20 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program.
    WARNING: This game may make you smarter. It may improve your speaking, writing, thinking, grades, job performance... (more)

-------------

Do post how you got on and I was thikning, if anyone gets stuck, guess theres no harm in asking here for the answers, all for charity, the more rice we give to the poor the better. Purify your intentions and lets all get rewarded insha'Allah, woooo *smiles*
    http:/www.alghurabaa.org
    Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Re: Put your dumb brain to some use

As-salaamu 'Alaikum

Already posted akhee, HERE!.

Nice idea though.

Comment

yeah its the third time, arrakis post it before.. but alhamdulillah it gives to charity so not a problem :up: plus can increase the vocabulary so its all good masha allah :D
      .: Rufaida :.
      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
      “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

sah :jkk: its good brain workout

lol but since when has gel been spelt jell and this make me laugh , kids call the drunken tourists here "plebs" im guessing the slang comes from this word then,

plebeian = common

id never heard of it b4
        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Haleena View Post
          As-salaamu 'Alaikum

Already posted akhee, HERE!.
          wa3laykum salaam

Oops, didnt even see them, I got the link through MSN and just posted. Ah well, the more the better plus the other topics seemed ot have died oh well.

Originally posted by `asiya View Post

lol but since when has gel been spelt jell and this make me laugh , kids call the drunken tourists here "plebs" im guessing the slang comes from this word then,

plebeian = common

id never heard of it b4
          wa iyaak.

lool @ plebs, people used to always say that in secondary school a few years ago, we used to use it for anyone who is a dope.

Theres some reeeal weird words in here. How much has everyone got? I got to 140 grains once I think..
          http:/www.alghurabaa.org
          Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

DOOODD does this game ever end? Im at 5320...seems like ever 3 you get right your number goes up again, you have to get 40 wrong, 0/40. I was at 10 and then got like 25-30 right and went back up to 20/40

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post

plebeian = common

id never heard of it b4
              Maybe it's the amreekan spelling? :scratch:

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

cool :up:

:jkk:
                Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Comment

lol its addictiveeeee 10,020

Comment

Working...
                  X