I met Keith Ellison today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I met Keith Ellison today!

Congressman Keith Ellison (the first Muslim elected to Congress) came and visited my Mosque today, along with CAIR member Parvez Ahmed. They were saying that Muslims should unite and that people are trying to seperate Muslims and that they are winning. Basically, the sermon today was for unity in the Muslim community.

But anyways, I got to meet famous people today. I wish I had a camera because it would be a great facebook photo.
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Re: I met Keith Ellison today!

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
    Congressman Keith Ellison (the first Muslim elected to Congress) came and visited my Mosque today, along with CAIR member Parvez Ahmed. They were saying that Muslims should unite and that people are trying to seperate Muslims and that they are winning. Basically, the sermon today was for unity in the Muslim community.

But anyways, I got to meet famous people today. I wish I had a camera because it would be a great facebook photo.
    Did you get to talk to him? ...

Comment

cool :up:
      Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Comment

Is he a revert??????
        Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

Originally posted by $HugoBoss$ View Post
          Is he a revert??????
          I dont think so...
          Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Comment

Is he a revert??????
            yes.
            The Sahaba (radiAllahu anhum) used to cling to the Sunnah just because it was Sunnah
            Today we abandon the Sunnah, just because it's Sunnah.

Comment

Nice :)

Peace
              3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by perfectpearl View Post
                I dont think so...
                Than why is his name keith wilson????

Originally posted by ImaanSeeker View Post
                yes.
                Thought so :)
                Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius F. Peace View Post
                  Did you get to talk to him? ...
                  I wanted to at least shake his hand, but he had like 20 people surrounding him. However, I got to stand real close to him. Seriously, I wish I had a camera.

Is he a revert??????
                  Yes, he reverted in college

Originally posted by perfectpearl View Post
                  cool :up:
                  I know! :D
                  Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Muslim politicians giving a talk on Muslim unity? Alhamdulillah thats good to hear, usually "muslim" politicians only know about giving talks on "integration" and being "moderates".
                    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck couldn't chuck wood? :banbear:

Comment

Working...
                    X