walking into someone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: walking into someone...

It happened to me recently and the elderly man was giving me weird looks and it was on the stairs aswell.

Then in the end he refused to move, so i went down and he came up..

Eeeek!
    *Pokes everyone in the eye with a carrot*
    Muslim Business Directory

Watch ALL Muslim TV Channels here:
    Al Jazeera Live Press TV Islam Channel Peace TV Al Huda

Comment

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post
      you know how your walking, and someone is walking in the opposite direction to you, and so you move to one side to let them go, but they move to the same side, and then you move to the other side and they do the same...grrr...after it happens a few times you eventually get past them :p im sure someons invented a word for this...

anyway ive got the solution...when that happens move to the left..if everyone does that..it will be the end of the it :D
      Yes. It is called the Salsa dance :D

There are two basic movements to the Salsa - the Forward Basic Movement and the Back Basic Movement. Variously coupled or combined and often with small variations in body position, these two movements create the Salsa moves. A move is loosely defined as any sequence of eight steps. When you combine the two basic movements, they make up the eight steps of the first move, the Forward Basic.

The Lady facing the man, will perform steps complimenting his. So if the man moves his left foot forward, the lady will move her right foot back and visa versa. This is very sensible. Otherwise, the man would probably tread on her!
      What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
      Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
      Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
      but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
      but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
      We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
      freedom from slavery to other than the One,
      Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
      and a horizon that extends to the next life,
      Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

if i had a sister or even a suitable cousin i would snap ibn s to be wed to her!!mashaAllah he such a nice brother and he deserves the best ..

eemee..i sense the undercurrent in ibn s' threads about marriage...call it sisterly intuition :D...even if he were to talk about boiled eggs...twud be underlying message 'i want to et married' see...me knows these things :D...good job he gots me isnt it?! :D

anyhoo..searchh is on, whether ibn s reads this thread or not, we collectively cannot escape the fact that he needs a loving spouse...so please PM me with any suitable matches.

jk

AuntyPuella.com

Marriage4u Ltd

:D

Comment

This is how my cousin got married actually, they bumped into eachother and they ended up being old school mates, time went on and they got married. Now they have 2 little wonderfull children.
          Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

when this happens, to prevent the akwardness I turn it into a joke and do a football shuffle and announce, "ya aint gettin' past me" They'll laugh usually and we both walk away smiling
            I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

haha
              this threasd is pure laughs :D

it dos happen a lot though ennit?

it can be sooo annoying though if you jutst wanna get somewhere and you have to constnatly dodge perple..... arrrgggggggggh

but then again i always see the annoyin side of things lol
              Last edited by ღ♥JuSt*bLuShInGღ♥; 30-11-07, 12:27 PM.
              j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
                Yes. It is called the Salsa dance :D

lolllll :rotfl:

trust you to know something as random as that loll :)

Comment

This happened to me today and thought "wonder what wee Ibn would do?"

:p

I did what I normally do - salsa fr 2 secs, apologise, smile and laugh :D (usually so does the other person)

But I can imagine how some grumpy people would just growl at you...grrr. sour bums :hidban:
                  You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by puella View Post
                    if i had a sister or even a suitable cousin i would snap ibn s to be wed to her!!mashaAllah he such a nice brother and he deserves the best ..

eemee..i sense the undercurrent in ibn s' threads about marriage...call it sisterly intuition :D...even if he were to talk about boiled eggs...twud be underlying message 'i want to et married' see...me knows these things :D...good job he gots me isnt it?! :D

anyhoo..searchh is on, whether ibn s reads this thread or not, we collectively cannot escape the fact that he needs a loving spouse...so please PM me with any suitable matches.

jk

AuntyPuella.com

Marriage4u Ltd

:D
                    :rotfl: poor ibn sillyman, can you sort my lickle ickle wickle faisy waisy out too? no one back home wants him :(

Originally posted by Ebony View Post
                    This happened to me today and thought "wonder what wee Ibn would do?"

:p

I did what I normally do - salsa fr 2 secs, apologise, smile and laugh :D (usually so does the other person)

But I can imagine how some grumpy people would just growl at you...grrr. sour bums :hidban:
                    it always helps if the individual one has chosen to salsa with is aethetically pleasing :D was he?
                    Sayyiduna Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) say, “If you relied on Allah as He should be relied on, He would provide for you as He provides for birds.
                    They go out hungry in the early morning, and return full in the evening." [Tirmidhi]

sigpic

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

Comment

i got so annoyed today, some man was on his phone and he was moving in a proper wave motion! i was thinking what the heck :S !

im trying to walk past and this guys finding it impossible to walk straight, his motion was like

....|
                      ......|
                      ....|
                      ..|
                      ....|
                      ......|

and his on the phone !!!!!! seriously, i felt like flykicking him!!!
                      You hope for salvation and you have not trodden its paths,
                      But the ship does not progress on dry land.

Comment

Originally posted by Eemaan View Post

it always helps if the individual one has chosen to salsa with is aethetically pleasing :D was he?
                        Yes they were :p It was a woman!
                        You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony View Post
                          Yes they were :p It was a woman!
                          oh well...theres always next time, you just got to be more careful :D
                          Sayyiduna Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) say, “If you relied on Allah as He should be relied on, He would provide for you as He provides for birds.
                          They go out hungry in the early morning, and return full in the evening." [Tirmidhi]

sigpic

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

Comment

ummm puella...nice av :D
                            I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by Te'oma View Post
                              ummm puella...nice av :D
                              :salams,

Yep. But what she doesn't realise is... that it (Ibn S) can be interpreted to mean Ibn Sina too ...

Wassalam.
                              "How often it is that a small action is made great by its intention, and a great action is made small by its intention." [Abdullah ibn al-Mubarak]

The Messenger of Allah raised us, And with Islam gave us life,
                              And taught us to become... aides to the religion of Allah
                              We became united by the light of his guidance, As brethren and like relatives
                              And he watered our souls every time... we were thirsty for faith.
                              Rasul Allah Nasheed by Abu Ali

Comment

ok firstly...the option on my profile doesnt allow me to see avatars because they just get in my way :D...so if i hadnt had all u peeps repping i wouldnt have known...i think i know which mod is the culprit for this but hey, i am glad has been done :D...helps in my AuntyPuella.com search for ibn S wifey inshaAllah...and faisy repped me saying he wants wifey too...so i guess the memeber list is now two mashaAllah...and what two wonderful brothers i have in my member list mashaAllah :D

if twas allowed i would marry them off to each other :D twud be cute :inlove: but tis not allowed so am on search...

for those who do not like my avatar, can simply choose option in their usercp not to view avatars...no offence intended :D

anyhoo...i havent had any material for a potential wifey for you ibn S...maybe we should list your credentials inshaAllah...lemmme go consult the AuntyPuella.com manual and i shall be back with a list :D

faisy ...u next!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X