walking into someone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walking into someone...

you know how your walking, and someone is walking in the opposite direction to you, and so you move to one side to let them go, but they move to the same side, and then you move to the other side and they do the same...grrr...after it happens a few times you eventually get past them :p im sure someons invented a word for this...

anyway ive got the solution...when that happens move to the left..if everyone does that..it will be the end of the it :D
    i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Re: walking into someone...

When that happens I usually just move to the left and motion for them to go by me. Sometimes, I get a person who does the same to me and we are both stubborn and waiting for the other to move past the other.
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
    ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

When that happens, I just stand still, motionless and wait for them to choose a side.

Comment

edit
        Last edited by Abu Mu'adh; 27-11-07, 11:45 PM.
        “Take Aqeedah from the Salaf, learn Adab from the Tableeghi Jamaat, and brotherhood from the Ikhwaan"

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
          When that happens I usually just move to the left and motion for them to go by me. Sometimes, I get a person who does the same to me and we are both stubborn and waiting for the other to move past the other.
          woohoo, see ur already doing it, now to get the rest of the world to join us :D

Originally posted by Tariq Lateef View Post
          When that happens, I just stand still, motionless and wait for them to choose a side.
          lool, yeh but they coul do the same too..

see th only solution is evryone go to the left :D. (or right but that wud get confusing...)

Originally posted by Abu Mu'adh View Post
          edit
          Last edited by ibn suleman; 27-11-07, 11:49 PM.

Comment

I find it funny when that happens. So does the other person. We have a quick embarrassed giggle and move on :p
            You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

thats why i move ahead of time .... unlike u slowpokes

Comment

Its used to happen to me before......

but if ur decisive u hav a purpose nd a stride in ur walking it does'nt happen. It dose'nt happen to me now! Cuz i know where im going unlike some people that just seem to float here and there :p

trust me, even if it does happen you just be decisive......you let them choose a side to go and let them go. Simple!!

U guys are so...:p

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                  I usually just move to the left
                  Here, you always stay to the right,
                  unless running into a brit.
                  In that case,
                  I just wait and hope they make-up
                  their minds :(.

~
                  "When authority is given to those who do not deserve it,
                  wait for the Day of Judgment."

Comment

u know somtimes i worry about our bro ibn S...he comes up with threads which frankly tend to be a bit...errr.....u know

please all make dua for him...think he is lonely and needs wifey company inshaAllah.

:D

Comment

so funny when that happens, happens to me with asians more than non-asians.

Comment

Originally posted by puella View Post
                        u know somtimes i worry about our bro ibn S...he comes up with threads which frankly tend to be a bit...errr.....u know

please all make dua for him...think he is lonely and needs wifey company inshaAllah.

whaaaa..that was so off topic :p

and the threads are different..thats the word ur looking for different an unique :D

Comment

:salams,

Originally posted by The ibn suleman
                          you know how your walking, and someone is walking in the opposite direction to you, and so you move to one side to let them go, but they move to the same side, and then you move to the other side and they do the same...grrr...after it happens a few times you eventually get past them :p im sure someons invented a word for this...
                          When that happens, I just use my ninja skills and somersault over them :)...

Wassalam.
                          "How often it is that a small action is made great by its intention, and a great action is made small by its intention." [Abdullah ibn al-Mubarak]

The Messenger of Allah raised us, And with Islam gave us life,
                          And taught us to become... aides to the religion of Allah
                          We became united by the light of his guidance, As brethren and like relatives
                          And he watered our souls every time... we were thirsty for faith.
                          Rasul Allah Nasheed by Abu Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony View Post
                            I find it funny when that happens. So does the other person. We have a quick embarrassed giggle and move on :p
                            Originally posted by Umm 'Umarah View Post
                            so funny when that happens, happens to me with asians more than non-asians.
                            LOL, ok ill admit it can be funny sometimes :p

Originally posted by Ibn Sina View Post
                            thats why i move ahead of time .... unlike u slowpokes
                            :scratch:

Originally posted by Redmist. View Post
                            Its used to happen to me before......

but if ur decisive u hav a purpose nd a stride in ur walking it does'nt happen. It dose'nt happen to me now! Cuz i know where im going unlike some people that just seem to float here and there :p

trust me, even if it does happen you just be decisive......you let them choose a side to go and let them go. Simple!!

U guys are so...:p
                            huh..letting them choose is not being decisive..thats the opposite :p

Originally posted by Lee_Canada View Post
                            Here, you always stay to the right,
                            unless running into a brit.
                            In that case,
                            I just wait and hope they make-up
                            their minds :(.

~
                            ill keep that in mind when i come canada :D

Comment

Originally posted by puella View Post

My thoughts exactly..

But i did'nt wanna say incase i offended him

your spot on Puella! Now......ibn sully take puellas advice and go look for a wife and dont come back till u find one :p

Comment

Working...
                              X