This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for long hair

I want to keep long hair but one my hair fall but not much n second my hair get oily n greasy if i dont wash it one day. Any tips on how to grow and strengthen my hair?
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Re: Tips for long hair

*gets out red pen to correct errors* :D

Tips for long hair? trim your split ends :up:

sigpic

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

Comment

Ive got a beard lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kasim2k7 View Post
        I want to keep long hair but one my hair fall but not much n second my hair get oily n greasy if i dont wash it one day. Any tips on how to grow and strengthen my hair?
        trim your hair every 6 weeks

Comment

1.Mix egg, honey and avacodao in a cup and put it on your beard
          2. Leave for half and hour
          3. Rinse with warm water
          4. See the difference.......:up:

Btw I have no beard just taking female hair beauty and applying it to what suits you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kasim2k7
            Im gonna keep long hair with a beard. Lol i would look like the man from stone age lol
            No you would look like the prophet insha allah. It was reported he had hair past his ears and of course a Sunnah beard :up::up::up:

Comment

Inshallah. That what i had in mind. Its a sunnah and do you know if the prophet s.a.w used to wear a turban or a hat?

Comment

Inshallah. That what i had in mind. Its a sunnah and do you know if the prophet s.a.w used to wear a turban or a hat?
                I don't think he wore a turban. I'll get back to you on that one insha allah with evidence!

Comment

Yes he would oil his hair also. He would wear a turban and put the hat/ topi/ cloth etc on his head and then wrap the 'imaamah (turban) over it.

EDIT: Not sure if you can call it sunnah (i.e. mustahabb) though.

Let's be serious guys, answer the bros question properly and don't start some free mixing rambling. This shouldn't happen :jkk:
                  Sorry if i sound harsh (please forgive me), just general brotherly naseeha.
                  Last edited by RashidD; 23-11-07, 11:26 PM.
                  "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

You shouldn't wash it every day. If you have oily hair try for ever 2 to 3 days. If you have dry hair then you can go without washing your hair for a week, sometimes even 2.

Eating healthier and avoiding stress helps. Drinking milk helps too, and I read somewhere (I can't find where) that taking some milk and putting it on your hair is good.

Trim the ends every 3-4 months.

Brush your hair.
                    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                    [2:186]

.:.
                    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Thanks pippen. A reasonable advice.

Comment

Don't worry if the hair falling out is not much, it is normal for dead hair to fall out every day, if your hair didn't fall out at all, I would say that you were in your 2nd trimester of pregnancy lol! :D

Re: greasy hair, the more you wash your hair, the greasier it will get. Your scalp has its own natural oils to protect it, and washing, especially with shampoos and consitioners washes away those oils, so when you feel 'grease' it is actaully your scalp trying to readdress the natural oiliness of the scalp.

My advice, would be to wash your hair with shampooo or whatever product you use ONCE a wek. If you HAVE to wash your hair more in a week, then use plain water. Try not to wash your hair more than 3 times a week in total, and try to keep it covered as much as you can (hijab/ hat etc)

It will begin to feel very greasy lol :p Because you need to give the scalp time to find its balance once again, but give it a couple of weeks, and ou will begin to notice that after you wash your hair, it is not greasy at all, and always feels soft, clean and silky :inlove:

Re: shampoos, try to use something as natural as possible, I would highly recommend the shampoo bars from Lush :D Especially Hybrid and Squeeky Green.

http://www.lush.co.uk/categories/Bars_72.aspx
                        Last edited by ze leetle elper; 24-11-07, 02:57 PM.
                        What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                        Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                        Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                        but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                        but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                        We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                        freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                        Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                        and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                        Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

What about not using shampoo or anything on your hair, just wash it with water. Is that bad?
                          "Allah's choicest people are those whom His fear has driven to absolute silence although they are neither helpless nor dumb. Rather they are possessors of eloquence and have power to speak and sense to understand. But constant glorification of Allah's name has so overpossessed their wits that their hearts are overawed and their lips sealed. When they get established in this stage they hasten towards righteoussness."

Comment

Not really, but eventually you do get build up of everyday pollution and rubbish in your hair, so its good to use something to clean it regularly. :up:
                            What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                            Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                            Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                            but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                            but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                            We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                            freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                            Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                            and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                            Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
                              My advice, would be to wash your hair with shampooo or whatever product you use ONCE a wek. If you HAVE to wash your hair more in a week, then use plain water. Try not to wash your hair more than 3 times a week in total, and try to keep it covered as much as you can (hijab/ hat etc)
                              Are you telling the dude to shower only thrice a week? *rubeyes*
                              "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X