Re: Help, Personal Statement

LOOL jokaaaah!

Leave a comment:

• MG
    replied

Originally posted by Hisham Abu View Post
    As Salaamu Alaikum,

I need help with writing a Personal Statement for UCAS. I find it hard to talk about myself. Are there any good resource websites?

The two main points I would like to discuss are Ethical Careers, and Architecture.

All help is appreciated.

Jazaak Allaahu Khair.
    wa alaikum asalaam brother

if personal statements for UCAS are like personal statements that are done for jobs,then this is how i complete them and this way you give them all the information they want from you as well :

HAve they given you any papers (with employemnt applications you get the Person specification) that tell you what their expectations are of you? what they are specifically looking for? if no,then the following is no use to you!

if yes then, basically answer their "person spec" like your answering questions but in a kinda story format about yourself.

So for example they ask in applications "we want a team player who is dedicated and uses his own intiative and has experience of so and so ...."

so u say how u meet the first point of a tema player, give exmaples, they are always good with anyone! talk about how u will be dedicated, again give examples maybe from your personal life or jobs you have had. Go on to talk about your attributes and say why u tink u have those attributes, so for example, in the above passage they want u to be able to use your own intiative, say how u have done this in the past? again example!

hope that made sense, i have waaayyy to many job applications, so sorry if it was no applicable to you

Leave a comment:

• parwaaz
    replied

brother i personally have no experience of doing a statement.However, (you may already know) do a draft, even if it is incomplete to you,and ask someone from the Careers office or Connexions to check it for you.

Sometimes, we do think that these careers advisers are pointless, but, at times they could come up with surprisingly good info!

I appreciate your choice of subject, and I absolutely admire Islamic Architecture. I was once suggested to look into doing architeture as I was really good at geommetry, all those drawings, lines and circles, it was all enjoyable!

Wish you the best of luck!

Leave a comment:

• Hisham Abu
    replied
    Originally posted by insomniac View Post
    did ya get it done?
    No not yet. Was meant to do it today, but wasn't in the mood. But alhamdulilah I've found 7 examples I can also refer to, from the StudenRoom website. They are a bit weak, but Insha'Allaah, I could use it as a measure to assess how good mine is. However I have now chosen my 5 choices for University, and I am quite happy about those. It was something I was worrying about as well. Alhamdulilah.

Leave a comment:

• insomniac
    replied

did ya get it done?

Leave a comment:

• .: Anna :.
    replied

Actually that paragraph is good masha allah

Leave a comment:

• Hisham Abu
    replied
    I desperately need some help. Expressing myself in writing is by far not one of my strongest traits.

Thus far I have only managed to write an opening paragraph, and even that is so impersonal, it's so formal like a receipt for a prescription drug:

edited.
    Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. This stuff should have been done time ago, so I am in fact very quickly running out of time.

Jazaak Allaahu Khair for your help.
    Last edited by .: Anna :.; 06-12-07, 11:55 PM. Reason: removed to prevent plagarism from people thru google

Leave a comment:

• NoLongerLost
    replied

Originally posted by Hisham Abu View Post
    As Salaamu Alaikum,

I need help with writing a Personal Statement for UCAS. I find it hard to talk about myself. Are there any good resource websites?

The two main points I would like to discuss are Ethical Careers, and Architecture.

All help is appreciated.

Jazaak Allaahu Khair.

this is a good site:

http://www.studential.com/guide/writ..._statement.htm

the ucas website also has tips on there as well

i've just completed my personal statement :D

Leave a comment:

• ღ♥JuSt*bLuShInGღ♥
    replied

mashallah :rofl1: hilarious

on a serious note: always talk about what you intend to do in the future lead a team for example...:)
    Last edited by ღ♥JuSt*bLuShInGღ♥; 29-10-07, 11:18 AM. Reason: added comment

Leave a comment:

• PiElle2
    replied

portfolio..? hard (ie. flip folder) or soft copy (ie. power point presentation?) are you a student?

Leave a comment:

• Sulaiman Harun
    replied

:start:

:salams

I remember brother Hamza Momand studying architecture at a university in Abbotabad, Pakistan. Maybe you could PM him and ask him?

Leave a comment:

• (*_Hamzah
    replied

I’ll start it off for you:

My name is Hisham Abu

Alhamdulillah I am a Muslim, born in February 4th, Insha’Allah I want to get married so that is why I want to go university. Insha’Allah I want to be active with the Islamic society and spread dawah to the students.

I want to study Built Environment because I want to help my wife with assembling flat pack furniture
    Last edited by (*_Hamzah; 29-10-07, 06:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hisham Abu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• insomniac
    replied

alternatively maybe someone on the forum is doing a degree in your subject area insha'Allaah

insha'Allaah check out this thread

http://ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143502

:up:

Leave a comment:

• Kubs
    replied

I was also going to suggest The Student Room. It's one of the best!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X