Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, Personal Statement

As Salaamu Alaikum,

I need help with writing a Personal Statement for UCAS. I find it hard to talk about myself. Are there any good resource websites?

The two main points I would like to discuss are Ethical Careers, and Architecture.

All help is appreciated.

Jazaak Allaahu Khair.
    IBNMUSLIM
    Bringing the Youth back to the Truth

Re: Help, Personal Statement

thestudentroom.co.uk <---thats is a good site, it has personal statement example of the you subject interested....good luck

Comment

I was also going to suggest The Student Room. It's one of the best!
      Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

alternatively maybe someone on the forum is doing a degree in your subject area insha'Allaah

insha'Allaah check out this thread

http://ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143502

:up:
        :up: Sponsor the 20 mile walk for Children of Chechnya! :up:

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

Comment

IBNMUSLIM

Comment

I’ll start it off for you:

My name is Hisham Abu

Alhamdulillah I am a Muslim, born in February 4th, Insha’Allah I want to get married so that is why I want to go university. Insha’Allah I want to be active with the Islamic society and spread dawah to the students.

I want to study Built Environment because I want to help my wife with assembling flat pack furniture
            Last edited by (*_Hamzah; 29-10-07, 06:22 AM.

Comment

:start:

:salams

I remember brother Hamza Momand studying architecture at a university in Abbotabad, Pakistan. Maybe you could PM him and ask him?
              www.ashaabulquran.com
              www.aladabalmufrad.wordpress.com

Comment

portfolio..? hard (ie. flip folder) or soft copy (ie. power point presentation?) are you a student?
                "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix. :hidban:

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Comment

mashallah :rofl1: hilarious

on a serious note: always talk about what you intend to do in the future lead a team for example...:)
                  Last edited by ღ♥JuSt*bLuShInGღ♥; 29-10-07, 11:18 AM. Reason: added comment
                  j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

Originally posted by Hisham Abu View Post
                    As Salaamu Alaikum,

I need help with writing a Personal Statement for UCAS. I find it hard to talk about myself. Are there any good resource websites?

The two main points I would like to discuss are Ethical Careers, and Architecture.

All help is appreciated.

Jazaak Allaahu Khair.

this is a good site:

http://www.studential.com/guide/writ..._statement.htm

the ucas website also has tips on there as well

i've just completed my personal statement :D

Comment

I desperately need some help. Expressing myself in writing is by far not one of my strongest traits.

Thus far I have only managed to write an opening paragraph, and even that is so impersonal, it's so formal like a receipt for a prescription drug:

edited.
                      Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. This stuff should have been done time ago, so I am in fact very quickly running out of time.

Jazaak Allaahu Khair for your help.
                      Last edited by .: Anna :.; 06-12-07, 11:55 PM. Reason: removed to prevent plagarism from people thru google
                      IBNMUSLIM

Comment

Actually that paragraph is good masha allah
                        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

did ya get it done?
                          :up: Sponsor the 20 mile walk for Children of Chechnya! :up:

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac View Post
                            did ya get it done?
                            No not yet. Was meant to do it today, but wasn't in the mood. But alhamdulilah I've found 7 examples I can also refer to, from the StudenRoom website. They are a bit weak, but Insha'Allaah, I could use it as a measure to assess how good mine is. However I have now chosen my 5 choices for University, and I am quite happy about those. It was something I was worrying about as well. Alhamdulilah.
                            IBNMUSLIM

Comment

brother i personally have no experience of doing a statement.However, (you may already know) do a draft, even if it is incomplete to you,and ask someone from the Careers office or Connexions to check it for you.

Sometimes, we do think that these careers advisers are pointless, but, at times they could come up with surprisingly good info!

I appreciate your choice of subject, and I absolutely admire Islamic Architecture. I was once suggested to look into doing architeture as I was really good at geommetry, all those drawings, lines and circles, it was all enjoyable!

Wish you the best of luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X