Eight Lessons Learnt in 33 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eight Lessons Learnt in 33 Years

Hatem Asem(Rahmatullah Alayh) was the student of Shaqiq Balakhi(Rahmatullah Alayh) for a considerable period of time.

Shaqiq Balakhi(Rahmatullah Alayh) once asked Hatem:
    Hatem said:
    Shaqiq enquired:
    Hatem said:
    Shaqiq said:
    Hatem replied:
    Shaqiq said: Hatem began to describe them.

First, I looked around and beheld that every man has got an object of love and he lives with that thing, until his death. When he goes to the grave, it becomes separate from him. I pondered over the following words of God: So I have made good deeds as my object of love. When I will go to the grave, my good deeds will accompany me to the grave. The sage Shaqiq said: O Hatem, you have done well.

Secondly, I have pondered over the following words of God

Third, I looked around the people and found that everyone values what he possesses. Then I turned to the following words of God:

Fourth, I looked around and saw that everyone puts his trust in his wealth and properties, his name and fame and his honour and glory and found that there is nothing in them. Then I looked towards the following words of God:

Fifth, I looked around the people and found them slandering and cursing one another because of envy and hatred and then I looked towards the words of God:

Sixth, I looked to the people and found them ungrateful to one another and even some of them kill others and then I looked towards the following word of God:

Seventh, I turned to the people and found everyone seeking his livelihood and for that debasing himself and committing unlawful things and then I looked towards the following words of God-

Eighth, I turned to the people and found that everyone placed his trust in something created, some in his wealth, some in his profession, some in his industry and some in the health of his body and then looked towards the following words of God:.

SUMMARY OF THE LESSONS:

http://qisas.com/stories/99

Re: Eight Lessons Learnt in 33 Years

barakAllahu feek akhi

Comment

i wish we could be like him
      Time beat you to it

Comment

:bump: :)

Comment

Jazakallah. Great job.
          الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

:jkk: for posting this. Indeed we are servants of Allah (swt) and we place all of our trust in him.

Originally posted by Stylish-Girly View Post
            i wish we could be like him
            We can't be exactly, but we try to get a little closer.
            " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

jazakAllah

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ammarcool View Post
                  :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X