Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have another friend who wants to revert to Islam

Salaam alikum.

I have another friend who's parents are Muslim, but he doen't follow Islam. He told me that he wants to get more into Islam after he looked at my myspace and discovered I was Muslim, and I invited him to Jummah with me on Friday. Should he reciet shahada in front of congregation or something? I feel this would be good for him because he's not technically Muslim yet.
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Re: I have another friend who wants to revert to Islam

Its up to him if he feels he wants to do that or not, insha allah if he does that will b really good. Masha allah its excellent u are setting a good example and encouraging those around u in the deen, insha allah u will reap alot of rewards from this :D
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
      Its up to him if he feels he wants to do that or not, insha allah if he does that will b really good. Masha allah its excellent u are setting a good example and encouraging those around u in the deen, insha allah u will reap alot of rewards from this :D
      Okay, I'll ask him if he wants to take shahada. Would a regular prayer time at the mosque or Jummah be better? Well, I guess it depends how many people he wants to take shahada in front of. Inshallah, we'll see.
      Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Remember, he only has to recite the Shahadah in the presence of two witnesses. So if he's not comfortable with reciting it infront a large congregation, he should do the fromer.

Comment

shahaddah is different for born muslim and non-muslim.
          "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix. :hidban:

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Comment

Originally posted by PiElle2 View Post
            I thought everyone was "born" Muslim; hence the term "revert."

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew View Post
              I thought everyone was "born" Muslim; hence the term "revert."

for born muslim, they had done the shahaddah before ie. in their prayers... so they are re-affirming it again... hence revert.

as for non-muslim, they never did the shadaddah so it would like doing it for the first time. hence convert sounds more reasonable.

btw... are you admitting you are a muslim now too, brother...?

waht do you think would be the reactions if we going around telling everyone they're muslims...?
              "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix. :hidban:

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Comment

Originally posted by PiElle2 View Post
                Its the same shahada for everyone... we dont have 2 different kalimas for each ppl. If he is from Muslim family but never practised or believed it really then he should say it, even if we do believe and practise there is no harm in repeating it every now and then.. like just to our selves even. Plus this thing about to accept Islam they have to make a specific time and come to the masjid and say in front of everyone is also not strictly necessary like Ibn Sina said
                <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Bro don't worry so much about him doing public shahadah, focus more on where his heart is first, so perhaps take him a few times, talk to him more about it.. when he wants to take shahadah because he actually believes it then you can both think about how when where etc.
                  My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.- Shaykh al-Shadhili

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
                  O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
                  Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

Comment

Its the same shahada for everyone... we dont have 2 different kalimas for each ppl. If he is from Muslim family but never practised or believed it really then he should say it, even if we do believe and practise there is no harm in repeating it every now and then.. like just to our selves even. Plus this thing about to accept Islam they have to make a specific time and come to the masjid and say in front of everyone is also not strictly necessary like Ibn Sina said
                    yes.. if he was born into a muslim family but never practise nor believe, he's considered a kafir... so his shahadah would be same as the non-muslim.

but a muslim who had practise, lost faith and practise for a while, his shahadah is different from the above case.

you'll know it yourself which group you belong to. :)

Comment

yes but sis whichever the actual shahada itself is the same

Comment

Originally posted by Chained_Water View Post
                        Bro don't worry so much about him doing public shahadah, focus more on where his heart is first, so perhaps take him a few times, talk to him more about it.. when he wants to take shahadah because he actually believes it then you can both think about how when where etc.
                        making sure hes comfortable himself with this s important people may feel they are ready for something but then realise they went head first. oeronally i would suggest waiting for him to ask you abiout taking the shahadah as he may feel a bit pressurised if you wer to ask him. :up:
                        j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

yes but sis whichever the actual shahada itself is the same
                          i see what you mean sis... shahadah is shahadah.... but i have seen/told a different one for born muslim... maybe it's called something else...:D

Comment

Careful Wolfn, if you carry on like this the fundos wont have anyone to vent all their pent up hatred onto!

They may implode

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
                              Careful Wolfn, if you carry on like this the fundos wont have anyone to vent all their pent up hatred onto!

They may implode
                              Wolfie Wolfie Wolfie.. why can't you be nice to the fundoes, they could teach you some beard grooming techniques if you ask nicely innit :D ..don't be a hater :meow:

:salams
                              My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.- Shaykh al-Shadhili

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
                              O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
                              Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X