X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: saying salams in presence of the Mrs

Originally posted by Ibn Khattab View Post
    salam alaikum

say you randomly met a bro one day who was married, and he had his wife with him, shopping or having a look round whatever, would you walk up tp him and say salams to him?

i know theres nothing wrong with it but i know some people may get embarassed or shy or whatever you get me.

so would you?
    :salams

veeeeeeeeeeeell if he sees me or greets me then yeh, but if he doesn't see me then no.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

exactly:)^

Comment

I would tell the wife to take a hike and continue talking to my friend as long as i wish :D
        Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

salam alaikum

say you randomly met a bro one day who was married, and he had his wife with him, shopping or having a look round whatever, would you walk up tp him and say salams to him?

i know theres nothing wrong with it but i know some people may get embarassed or shy or whatever you get me.

so would you?
          Just walk up and Salaam, - THATS ALL!....Don't get into a deep conversation. But isn't saying Salaam wajib anyway or is it just a sunnah?

Comment

yep its ok to say salaam and say "buddy will catch you later" :)

Comment

we just give salaam and move on. nothing more.
              Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

salam alaikum

so would you?
                Of course I would. And have done so. No one gets embarrassed over it. Some of them have become my family friends. Mrs and all.
                Visit our Forum

IslamFactor

Comment

Originally posted by $HugoBoss$ View Post
                  I would tell the wife to take a hike and continue talking to my friend as long as i wish :D
                  As if
                  May we reach daruSalaam by His, and only His Decree
                  I would die for the cause if I knew only to what degree
                  My Blog

Comment

lol ibn k , u made a thread coz u saw us in TKmaxx right !!? lool ... yeh why not say salam, but like anna said , just dont make it a looooonnngg conversation :p
                    Abu Huraira (ra) narrated that the messenger of Allah (saw) said 'Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look at the faults of others, and do not indulge in spying on one another..do not be jealous of one another and do not hate one another, O Allah's worshippers! Be brothers' (Sahih Bukhari)

Comment

What would be the problem in saying salaams? It's the kind, brotherly thing to do, reguardless who was around.

:)

Comment

:edit:
                        Last edited by muslim_sis; 11-10-07, 10:33 PM.
                        Abu Huraira (ra) narrated that the messenger of Allah (saw) said 'Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look at the faults of others, and do not indulge in spying on one another..do not be jealous of one another and do not hate one another, O Allah's worshippers! Be brothers' (Sahih Bukhari)

Comment

loooooooooooooool man you guys give me jokes.

but yeh i wasnt sure whether to say salams init so like i decided not to so i just went home :D
                          Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvM7L5Wm7q0

‎"If she's not on the deen, she's not fit to be your queen. If he hasn't got imaan, he's not fit to be your man."

Comment

but yeh i wasnt sure whether to say salams init so like i decided not to so i just went home :D
                            lool i was tryna work out when exactly u saw us .. but thats freaky.. someone was watchin us but we didnt know :p

Comment

Since when did you become a stalker? :eek3:

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

It's sunnah to say salam if you see your brother..doesn't matter who he's with..

LOL @ sisters worrying about their husbands taking some long drawn out convo...
                                I don't think they'd mind u saying salam...and especially if you havent seen them in ages *hint hint*...LOL
                                Our Brothers and Sisters need our help. Do what you can to help them!!
                                Inna Ma Al-Usri Yusra :::::
                                "Verily, with every difficulty, there is relief".(94.6)

Comment

Working...
                                X